what is your boost pedal?

mike-o

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
im using a bad monkey, but i am about to get an axe-fx, so im not sure if i will need it or not with that!

You probably won't really need the BM with the Axe. I've only done minimal dicking with trying to recreate my boosts in the Axe, but I've managed to get pretty close without much effort. I'm sure with more playing about I could pretty much (if not entirely) nail them. That said, I'm lazy... so if I want that sound, usually I'll just stick the pedal in front. :idk:

There are several TS type drives in the Axe, so between those and all the advanced parameters, I'm sure you could get there. I've yet to bother trying to recreate the BM in the Axe. :idk:

• Members
You probably won't really need the BM with the Axe. I've only done minimal dicking with trying to recreate my boosts in the Axe, but I've managed to get pretty close without much effort. I'm sure with more playing about I could pretty much (if not entirely) nail them. That said, I'm lazy... so if I want that sound, usually I'll just stick the pedal in front.
:idk:

There are several TS type drives in the Axe, so between those and all the advanced parameters, I'm sure you could get there. I've yet to bother trying to recreate the BM in the Axe.
:idk:

Im really hoping thats the case! the more "real" pedals i have the better. I would love to have the axe and a controller and thats it!

• Members

Xotic BB Preamp
:thu:

I wanna try the AC Booster though.

I've got both an AC and an RC for sale if you're interested...

To the OP... The SD-1 is a great way to get into modding pedals. It's a great pedal to mod. I've got a couple of them around that I've done various things to. One's a basic TS mod with some clarity mods and a better op-amp and the other one is my kitchen sink treatment which has little toggle switches and stuff to make it do different things. I used to use one to boost my JMP before I got it modded but now I really don't need a boost.

Try a Monte Allums kit first and then start experimenting and learning about what does what in the circuit so you can tweak them yourself.

• Members

Did you ever get that PM I sent you?

Oops! {censored} man, sorry, I forgot!

I can't really drop the hammer on much gear just yet, I'm still trying to finish digging myself out of the 8 month unumployment-hole!

I might be interested in a few weeks if you haven't sold it by then, though.

I've just been using a wheeled SKB case up to this point.

Got any pics, btw?

• Members

Oops! {censored} man, sorry, I forgot!

I can't really drop the hammer on much gear just yet, I'm still trying to finish digging myself out of the 8 month unumployment-hole!

I might be interested in a few weeks if you haven't sold it by then, though.

I've just been using a wheeled SKB case up to this point.

Got any pics, btw?

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0046-1.jpg

Archived