My Groupie Story

MrKnobs

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

have only just read the first four sections, but epic so far!

Whether this tale is fact or fiction, you truly have a gift for expressing yourself through the written word.

Glad you're enjoying it.

It's a true story about 9 months in my life in the 80's. The names are changed, the dialog of course is approximate. :idk:

Terry D.

• Members

I saw this thread, not knowing about your story.

I'm currently on part 7, reading nonstop. Completely captivated.

Amazing work.

Can't wait to read the end. If you published a book with this story and maybe some other ones you havent told yet, I'd buy it!

:thu:

EDIT:

I just finished. I loved it. It was so honest and personal. Felt the eyes watering up there at the end too. Especially when I read that Gail had passed.

You have a great talent for writing.

I also realize this was written 5 years ago. Have you done anything with this story? Do you plan to? I'd seriously buy an autobiography of yours. Or a book with more of these types of stories. You seem to have a lot, and I'd like to read everything you would share.

This may be strange but, I've gained a lot of respect and some admiration for you just from reading that story. Fiction, or otherwise.

I'm glad you made this thread. It was an awesome read.

• Members

I read it quite some time ago. I remember that Gail had passed and seem to even recall seeing an old photograph of her with one or 2 other people in it. Did you delete these from the stories?

I think that's what got me, was finally finding out at the end that this was real and that she had recently passed. Sad, very sad.

• Members

Oh my....I love these old threads. You could call others "asshole" and not think twice (although "pompous ass" i sstill quite acceptable :) ) Really great to see 5+ year old posts. Blast from the past.

I couldn't remember if I read it or not until I saw "bndgrl". Def read it. Good work....I'm sure there's alll kinds of true stories, some stranger than fiction, especially in the 80's! Oh what a time that was. And there's all kinds of bull{censored} too. Thanks for the memories.

• Members

I guess the mods here can delete this or ban me or whatever, but I'm really just attempting to see how much cross traffic we have between forums. I'm not trying to sell anything or promote anything, I'm simply curious as I'm about to pull the document in question.

A few years ago, I participated in a thread in Backstage with the Band about groupies. I posted a 30,000+ word story about a groupie named Abigail, and her friends Janis and Lucia.

My poll question is simple. Have you read it? Do you even know it exists?

Poll coming, thanks.
:)

Terry D.

i wanna say i read it a few years ago. all i can remember is something about a girl being "broken" and would only take it in the backdoor. is this the story you're talking about?

• Moderators

i wanna say i read it a few years ago. all i can remember is something about a girl being "broken" and would only take it in the backdoor. is this the story you're talking about?

Yep.

Terry D.

• Members

i just read it and it was EPIC! You write as well as any published author i have read in a long time. THis was one of the best reads i have had in a long time, thank you for sharing. Im just confused as to why this girl would have thought you were home alone on NYE?

Archived