when are we going to be able to get rid of eBay??/

guitarbilly74

• Members

apparently never. I ran an ad here for a decent amp for a real good, low price, I have great references etc.. almost 300 views on the thread, nothing.. put it on CL .... nothing.. put it on the bay and it already has 1 bid.

It sucks, but looks like eBay is still the best place to sell gear, it sucks because I hate their policies with a passion. But oh well...

This butthurt moment has been brought to you by... Billy!! :lol::facepalm:

• Members

I bought my N4 off of eBay so as a buyer, no I don't want it gone.

Why is it bad being a seller though Billy?

oh don't even get me started.. threats of payment holds even though I have 100% positive feedback, ridiculous end-of-auction charges on top of paypal charges, you can't give a negative to a buyer so they hold you hostage etc etc.. it's {censored}ing hell, but apparently it's either that or no sale :(

• Members

oh don't even get me started.. threats of payment holds even though I have 100% positive feedback, ridiculous end-of-auction charges on top of paypal charges, you can't give a negative to a buyer so they hold you hostage etc etc.. it's {censored}ing hell, but apparently it's either that or no sale
:(

{censored} :eek:

I'm surprised you didn't get any hits on CL.

• Members

If ya want the top dollar for your gear, you gotta deal with the BS of the general public. Harmony Central is full of musicians looking for good deals, so if you wanna sell here you have to offer good deals.

I was offering a good deal!! At least I thought I was. :confused:

• Members

i never understood all the ebay hate around here? now granted ive never sold anything on there but looking at my gear i dont think there is a piece i didnt get off ebay minus chords and pedals and accessories and stuff, and i find parts for my hot rods and other hobbies that would take me years to track down without ebay on a daily basis.

• Members

It sucks for sellers as you can't give feedback and you might have your funds on hold until the buyer gives you feedback. The pro is that you have a lot more people looking and typically can sell things for higher prices.

I don't mind buying from established power sellers, but I don't sell on there. I've generally had no trouble moving stuff on here if I need to, you just have to have stuff priced lower than e-bay, but then you don't have to pay fees to list things here.

• Members

Has selling used gear to Musicians Friend been mentioned? I've never done it but I assume they will offer you nowhere near what you would want for your gear. Anybody have experience with that?

• Members

I used to sell like crazy, but then after enough gear whoring, I stopped for close to a year (including purchases). I recently sold something, and forgot about how the paypal fees wouldnt clear until I got positive feedback. I express mailed everything to the guy (free) so it could clear asap, and the guy has it held while he is on vacation for a week... awesome.

Archived