NGD: Carvin DC727

mparsons

• Members

EDIT: Two years later and I don't play guitar much anymore. Anyone want to possibly purchase this guy? I put in an Dimarzio X2N and Liquifire, DiMarzio clip lock straps, and it sounds/plays better than the day I got it.

Guitar is in, after 8 weeks of horrible waiting! :D

Quick review...

Looks: {censored}ing awesome.

Playability: {censored}ing awesome. Stainless steel frets and satin finish make for an incredibly smooth and effortless experience, and the neck is very comfortable. It's bigger than my 6 string guitars, but its not difficult to adjust to.

Sound: Acoustic sound is really good! But the stock strings are kind of small (56 for a low A? No thanks). I need to put thicker strings before I give a full review, but so far it's really great. Plugged in it sounds great as well, which I wasn't expecting given Carvin's pickup's terrible reputation.

Oh right, pics.

Photo210.jpg

:p

Photo211.jpg

Photo212.jpg

Photo213.jpg

Photo214.jpg

Photo215.jpg

Photo216.jpg

Photo217.jpg

• Members

Nice! :thu: Carvin 7's are pure win! I did change out the stock bridge humbucker on mine b/c the bass was too flubby. It's weird, all my other Carvin's are great stock, but for some reason they didn't get the bass definition on the seven string's right, at least not on mine. :idk:

Archived