NGD: Carvin DC727

mparsons

• Members

Thanks everyone :)

Nice aesthetic choices, dude. Love the green-to-black burst. How's it stack up against your Edwards?

It plays a lot nicer than the Edwards. But we'll see how that changes after I get the Edwards refretted with stainless steel jumbos... :) Right now the Edwards isn't set up, I'm waiting on a KGC brass bridge block for the Floyd, and then I'll be taking it to the tech to get it setup/refretted. When I get it back I'll do a comparison.

The Edwards was the "base" for the Carvin, so to speak. I got all the same specs that I like on the Edwards built in to the Carvin. Ash body, maple/walnut neck, ebony board. I regret getting a hardtail, though. I should have gotten a Floyd and blocked it, like I'm doing with the Edwards, since I am completely spoiled by the fine tuners and tuning stability of a locking trem.

So far I don't think the Carvin has the same resonance or tone that the Edwards does, but that may just be because I haven't set it up with my choice of strings/action. We'll see.

• Members
NIIICEEE GUITAR!
:thu:

I know its a 727 but the 27 isnt the scale length is it?

Unfortunately, no. Carvin has a really weird model number system for their DC series. 127 is their two humbucker 6 string model. 727 is the 7 string two humbucker. However, its a 145 which has the HSH 6 string, and a 747 with the HSH 7 string.

• Members
Unfortunately, no. Carvin has a really weird model number system for their DC series. 127 is their two humbucker 6 string model. 727 is the 7 string two humbucker. However, its a 145 which has the HSH 6 string, and a 747 with the HSH 7 string.

Ahh...well damn it. Aside from that...its a beautiful guitar! :thu: HNGD mparsons!

• 2 years later...

Archived