OT: Beer drinkers, what are you drinking?

Chrisjd

• Members
I'm finishing up a sierra nevada torpedo ipa, pretty good and it's often real cheap at ralph's which is within stumbling distance from my apt
:facepalm:
But I've got a big bottle of duvel and case of regular sierra nevada in the fridge that I'll likely tap into later.

sierra nevada torpedo ipa, bought for cheap at Ralph's. Why does this sound awfully familiar?? :lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LAGUNITAS!!! YES!

good call bro...love me some lagunitas.

non-IPA...I do enjoy Imperial for a lighter hot day beer, its from costa-rica but seems to be gettingmore popular, at least down here in socal.

Can't go wrong with arrogant bastard either haha

• Members
also, i live twenty five minutes from the stone brewery
:thu:
knowing someone who works there=$80 kegs
:love:

damn, I'm in LA and go to the brewery every once in a while. If I buy a kegerator you mind getting me a discounted keg :poke: I'll give you a % of the savings you get me :thu:

• Members

Last night I went to Yelp Chicago's Summerfest (if you aren't Yelping you're missing out on some awesome {censored}ing fun BTW).

They had over 21 beers there but the king of the night for me was :

bridgeport-hop-czar.jpg

{censored}ing ridiculously hoppy, last night was their opening night in IL I found out later at a local bar (Lunar Brewing Co) who had had a little party for them and had both Bridgeport IPA and Hop Czar on tap. Which I was stoked for.

I will definitely be snagging some of this next time I go to the store, its on par with any of my favorite IIPAs.

• Members
surlyfurious1.jpg

Another local(MN) brew you should try, Surly Furious. Hopy as hell, and strong! They sell in 16oz. cans. $10 for a 4 pack. That's all you need! {censored} after 2 I'm feeling pretty good.
:thu:

DAMN! I've seen that around, but didn't think much of it when I saw the can. I'll have to try it out. Thanks!

• Members

I've recently discovered Klassiek...a Dutch brew available only at Aldi grocery stores. Normally you'd think of it as a cheap-o generic "no-name" import ...but it's actually very, very good. The flavor is like a blend of Heineken and Peroni....but it's a whole lot cheaper. ($5.99 for a six-pack.)

I'm not at all what you'd call a beer connoisseur by any stretch...hell, I don't even know the difference between a lager, a pilsner, an ale, and an IPA. I'm just a regular blue-collar dude who enjoys good beer, regardless of class. I'm sure a micro-brew snob would probably turn his nose up at it.....but if you like Heineken or Peroni, you owe it to yourself to try the Klassiek. An excellent, full-flavored beer for guys who like beer.

(I also tried Aldi's German brew that's kind of a Warsteiner knock-off, but I didn't think much of it....it was okay, but nothing special. Just a beer. They've also got a Corona knock-off, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm planning on trying some today....but not being a fan of Corona, I'm guessing it's probably not my cup of tea.)

Archived