UK /Euro September 10 SPAM Thread

justcrash

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gibson Les Paul 1958 / R8

Right, I thought I'd never sell this guitar, however, my recent PRS lust and a serious case of sciatica which means the weight makes it prohibitive for me to play it live forces sale so I'm having a rig shuffle around and this is being sold to pay for a Divided by 13.

I've had this guitar for over 3 years and it is an absolutely stunning guitar and sings like no other Les Paul I've ever played or owned. I actually had another much more expensive R8 50th anniversary with flame top as well at the same time and sold that as it didn't sound anywhere near as good as this.

Weight wise, I'm guessing this is around 10 lbs and it's the heaviest electric I've ever played but probably accounts for the endless sustain and thick sound.

Condition wise, there's no dings on this guitar but there is a fair amount of worming on the back but then this guitar has probably played well over 100 gigs in that time and has never let me down.

Upgrades wise, I have had a Schaller bridge installed (Gibson use cheap nickel which buckles over time and has very little movement for intonation). I have also had bare knuckle stormy mondays professionally fitted recently by Jonathan at Feline guitars of this parish. The burstbucker pickups were really good but the BKP's are much, much better with fantastic articulation and amazing woman tone. This guitar was also professionally setup by Trevor Rosendean approximately 18 months ago

Comes in original Gibson case with tags and COA. Looking for

• Members

Swap my Mesa MK IV combo for your USA PRS

Right, I only have had this for a few weeks but a serious Divided by 13 itch needed to be scratched so my Les Paul is going up for sale and I want to swap this for a PRS to use as a backup to my CU22

This amp is the narrow body combo and is absolutely as brand new, you will not find a better example anywhere I can assure you of that. I have upgraded the Speaker to a Vintage 30 celestion which is much, much better then the C90 originally in it. It also comes with a flightcase on castors and this used to belong to none other then Pete Townsend of The Who!

Obviously comes with the footswitch.

PRS wise, looking at a non tremolo fixed bridge CU22, Mccarty, SC or similar so what have you got?

Based in Crawley, West Sussex but also work up in West Bromwich and Reading so either of these are ok for a swapover.

Alternately if someone wants to buy it for cash, would be looking for

• Members

I'm wondering who might be interested in this. It's a beautiful Suhr S4 in Bengal Burst in 9.8/10 condition (you can see the only very, very tiny blemish on the first image - a little white mark on the edge of the body behind the bridge) Sounds incredible and plays amazingly, but I just can't shake the feeling of wanting a CS Strat or ideally a Suhr Classic. Pics below this text.

Would anybody be up for a trade? Ideally I would like a light relic sunburst, with a maple board if it were CS but I am somewhat open to other models.

Money wise, I'd be looking for around

• Members

Cornell Rambler 40 - handwired twin channel amp from UK amp builder Denis Cornell

Up for sale is my beautiful Cornell Rambler 40 guitar amplifier. It was custom made by Denis Cornell in UK and is completely handwired with the best available components.
It has 2 clean channels, first channel is Fenderish clean (glassy clean, not like blackface!) and second is crunch channel - awesome AC-30 crunch. Channels are not footswitchable and are accessible via different inputs - both have hi and lo input.

The amp works 100%, there are no issues, ready to rock. The amp and speaker are in mint condition, but there are a few cosmetical issues (tolex) on the cabinet from use (you can see them on pictures). However, these do not affect function of the amp.

With two 6l6 tubes you get some delicious Fenderish cleans.

Reverb is tube/spring driven and sounds magical!

Power control lets you choose between 5/10/40 watt setting, depending on how soon you want preamp to distort.

Internal Celestion vintage 30 speaker is modified by Cornell and is all original (you can find some info about this modification on his web page).

There is a switch between a tube or diode rectifier, tube sounding a bit warmer.

This amp has the best cleans and crunch I have ever heard in my life. I'm only selling it because I'm about to have another amp built by Cornell with overdrive option too.

I am the second owner of this magnificent amplifier. Previous owner was one of the best UK guitarists Simon Brady (guitarist of Swing Commanders). He had this amp custom built to his specifications. It cost more than 1800 pounds (well over 2000

• Members

Some more ebay auctions!!!
A special edition BC Rich Warlock guitar, item number: 170542471714

!B3P1ZegBGk~$(KGrHqIOKjwE)oGHglZJBMljhqR

... and a pink Marlin project guitar, item 170542469848

!B3Py+1QEGk~$(KGrHqQOKnEE)5bCcjpyBMljc+k

Pre-ebay, I want to trade a white dimarzio Evolution bridge humbucker for something Seymour Duncan. Ideally not a JB, ideally a Custom, distortion, etc.

Archived