The album that disappointed you most.

mhr74

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I remember my friends that were huge Metallica fans livid when Load came out. One went so far as to write them a letter
:facepalm:
about how they let everyone down.

For me, two come to mind: Queensryche - Hear in the Now, I wasn't a huge fan of Promised Land, because I was into Dream Theater a lot by then, but Hear was a total piece of crap. They never came back around.

Dream Theater - Falling was OK, but Scenes just didn't sit well. The songs were way too "floydian" and nothing really resonated as something catchy. They've sucked ever since then; retreading riffs from what ever band is the flavor of the month.

i'm sorry but this seems silly to me, load can be excused cuz metallica can do whatever they want. thats what has always made them good. st anger on the other hand is just not a good effort at all. load and reload have some great classic songs on them.

• Members

Kiss - Music from The Elder.

Are you {censored}ing nuts??? "The Oath" is one of the best opening tracks on a KISS album EVAR! That song is heavy as all get out. I know lyrically it's kinda ghey, but there are some great songs on there. "I", "Dark Light" are some of my favs.

• Members

Reinventing the steel. They really dropped the ball there.

My favorite Pantera album! I thought their albums got progressively better. Then Phil left and kept getting better while Dime and Vinnie...........well .

A few of my disappointments were,

Guns N Roses- Use Your Illusions

Motley Crue- Generation Swine

Ozzy- Anything after Ozzmosis

Skid Row- Subhuman Race

Testament- Anything after Low

Life Of Agony-Anything after River Runs Red

Megadeth- RISK

Dream Theater- Awake

Machine Head-The Blackening

BLS- 1919 Eternal

Clutch-Strange Cousins From The West

• Members
My favorite Pantera album! I thought their albums got progressively better. Then Phil left and kept getting better while Dime and Vinnie...........well .

Machine Head-The Blackening

The Blackening? Really? :confused: To each their own, but I LOVE that cd. For that band, I really thought that Supercharger was their low point.

• Members

This. In fact I was so disappointed, I forgot it existed.

It doesn't exist. Really it doesn't.

When I was getting into Megadeth (relatively recently, yes I know, I'm like 25 years late) a friend suggested to not bother listening to it. I figured "How bad can it be?" Really really bad.

• Members

I have to agree that anything after Ozzmosis for Ozzy is a bit disappointing. Ozzmosis was the last Ozzy album that I can play first to last and not get bored. Down to Earth isn't bad but not up to the standards I would expect. After that there is just like a couple songs per album worth listening to.

• Members

Really? I liked tripod ok. It's one of those albums that grew on me. It would have been hard for ANY of their albums to follow dirt, ya know?

I guess maybe that's the problem. After two straight records of the start-to-end golden WIN of Facelift & Dirt, they really had nowhere to go but down.

Tripod was just too slow & sludgy for the most part for me, there were a couple of exceptions, but it was just kinda boring to me overall.

King's X has suffered the same problem in recent years. Their records have been decent, but nowhere near the quality of their earlier material. It seems like most of the best songs Dug & Ty write end up on their respective solo records these days.

• Members

King's X has suffered the same problem in recent years. Their records have been decent, but nowhere near the quality of their earlier material. It seems like most of the best songs Dug & Ty write end up on their respective solo records these days.

Completely agree.

Archived