The album that disappointed you most.

mhr74

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I guess maybe that's the problem. After two straight records of the start-to-end golden WIN of Facelift & Dirt, they really had nowhere to go but down.

Tripod was just too slow & sludgy for the most part
for me, there were a couple of exceptions, but it was just kinda boring to me overall.

King's X has suffered the same problem in recent years. Their records have been decent, but nowhere near the quality of their earlier material. It seems like most of the best songs Dug & Ty write end up on their respective solo records these days.

I will agree with this 100%. "Again" and "Head Creeps" are standout tunes for me, but over all, yeah, slow as hell.

• Members

Was anybody else disappointed with:

Nirvana - In Utero

???

Yup, I thought my tape was damaged and was gonna bring it back.

It sounded so lo-fi compared to dirt, superunkown or even nevermind, which I was listening to at the time.

I never got into punk so I didn't get why anyone would record unintentional noise, mistakes and out of tune instruments/vocals.

It's kinda interesting to listen back to now though, and it's one of the few albums from back then that I still enjoy listening to.

• Members
The Blackening? Really?
:confused:
To each their own, but I LOVE that cd. For that band, I really thought that Supercharger was their low point.

Ive been a Machine Head fan since Burn My Eyes , but The Blackening makes me sick. Pure bandwagon hore{censored} imo. A lot of people bag on Supercharger and The Burning Red , but I really liked both of those albums.

• Members

Are you {censored}ing nuts??? "The Oath" is one of the best opening tracks on a KISS album EVAR! That song is heavy as all get out. I know lyrically it's kinda ghey, but there are some great songs on there. "I", "Dark Light" are some of my favs.

The Oath isn't the lead off track. At least not on my version, and I believe their is a second version with a different track listing. But yes, The Oath is bad ass, as well as I, Dark Light and A World Without Heroes. BTW, I wouldn't find it too far fetched that I took their band name from the song I on this album.

• Members

In Through The Out Door. I lived in California when it was released and a local radio station played it all the way through. New Zeppelin, I could hardly wait! In The Evening kicked things off and it was OK, kinda weak but I had high hopes for the rest of the album. Instead it got progressively worse. What a piss-poor album for Bonzo to check out on.

• Members

Megadeth - The System has Failed. Just so lack luster for a follow up to a return to form.

Chimaira - Anything after self-titled

Weezer- Malditroit

Thrice- Anything post-Artist

Protest the Hero -Their live record, and Fortress.

+1 on Thrice and PtH. Gallop Meets The Earth was awful. Fortress was pretty okay though!

• Members
:freak:

IMO it's the best work they've done since Still Life.

I know I'm against the majority here. I don't like the influence Porcupine Tree seems to be having on Akerfeldt. It could also be that he's putting his aggressive output toward Bloodbath (which is also kind of dull). Songs like "Heir Apparent" and "Hessian Peel" have moments, but the intensity is just gone.

• Members

Hands down, St. Anger. It's the ONLY album that I purchased, listened to, then immediately threw in the trash can. I've NEVER been so pissed at a CD in my life.

Other runner ups IMHO:
Smashing Pumpkins Melon Collie and the infinate sadness
Guns and Roses Use your Illusion 1 and 2

Archived