PEAVEY PENTA AMP...where did they go?

lumpy555

• Members

Unless the opinions are contrary to your own.

I'm well acquainted with how R&D typically works considering that I did it for a number of years prior to going back to college, albeit in the electronics field, but there are a lot of fundamental similarities. Thanks for asking.

See above, but you don't need to be a chef to know when you're eating bad food, and you don't need to be an ASE certified mechanic to know when your car is junk. Again, not a very solid argument.

Look, you're probably a nice guy in person and you probably do a good job as a sales manager. I don't know enough to state otherwise, and who you are personally is irrelevant to this discussion. What I DO know, however, is that it's not very good PR to blame the consumer for failures at the design level.

Are you aware of what happens when the R&D group meets the accountants and realize they can't build a $2k boutique amp, at a $400 price point.

Goddamn you are a {censored}ing idiot. What is wrong with you? Do you think every amp maker should stop by your {censored} hole house and ask your opinion on tone/quality before ever releasing an amp?

Maybe you're too {censored}in old to learn this, but shut the {censored} up and realize not every product was designed with you in mind.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Penta was originally to be a signature amp for George Lynch like the XXX but things fell apart and he ended up going with Randall and working with them on the Lynch Box and modules. So GL had a hand in both amps and some cool ideas.

• Members

Ricky Bobby's brutality knows no boundaries.

I love it when some no name asshat bedroom wannabe runs off guys like Nate-Peavey. Nate has been a great forumite from what I've seen, and it's very cool to gain his insight on Peavey's take on tone.

Silverfacechamp was grilling him over some inane bull{censored} that he should know better than to press on about. Great way to run off a valuable contributor, dip{censored}. I have yet to see SFC post clips, contribute positively, or even post up a valid argument or complaint. Usually just dumb rants from a complete moron. The real prize in all of this is he truly believes he is making good points, but fails to realize he's standing alone on his "side".

• Members

are you saying wow because lumpy types like someone with downs syndrome?

Well, I guess Im just amazed that he is trying to portray himself as a 38+ year old dude, when he is clearly a 13 year old kid who believes everything ANYONE tells him. I love the Peavey Penta love with rainman having "at least 6 halfstax of em" LOL too funny AT LEAST!!!! :)

• Members

Awww....

I am not going anywhere. I was just over this thread.

I have to remember the perspectives from which some points are coming from and sometimes just "let it go". Can't please everyone...

As always, anything I post is my opinion and does not represent Peavey as a whole. :)

• Members

Gee, I wanna try a penta now. I love peavey products and they have never failed me. ever. my 5150 has seen at least 300 gigs, and has been played at least 3 times a week since 1995.

that said...I'm glad nate chimes in here. Dude stand behinds his product and isn't afraid to call out consumer he said she said bs.

tone is subjective, and if you can't realize that from basic common sense you shouldn't be playing guitar.

• Members

I love it when some no name asshat bedroom wannabe runs off guys like Nate-Peavey. Nate has been a great forumite from what I've seen, and it's very cool to gain his insight on Peavey's take on tone.

Silverfacechamp was grilling him over some inane bull{censored} that he should know better than to press on about. Great way to run off a valuable contributor, dip{censored}. I have yet to see SFC post clips, contribute positively, or even post up a valid argument or complaint. Usually just dumb rants from a complete moron. The real prize in all of this is he truly believes he is making good points, but fails to realize he's standing alone on his "side".

Come on now...this is definitely not the top-shelf trolling you're capable of. I expected better. This is sub-par work, even by current HCAF standards.

As for nate, I said before he's probably a nice guy and does a good job. There's no reason for anybody to be any degree of butthurt. This wasn't personal and, like everything else in this thread, was a matter of opinion.

• Members

It has nothing to do with answering to me, or anyone else. It has to do with posting something of substance if you are going to respond to a question/thread. It's a matter of not being so self absorbed that you post useless crap just to see your unfiltered brain leakage posted online somewhere. Even after I prodded you, you were still unable to produce a single piece of substantive information to support your opinion, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you truly are incapable of doing so. I don't know what's more sad, that you're as limited as you are mentally, or that you seem to be proud of it. Your parents must be so proud:thu:

It's a free country, you can do whatever you want, but what you did was the equivalent of a retarded person listening to someone else's conversation and chiming in every so often with "I like cake". Let me be the first to say that, we all know you like cake, you don't have to keep telling us.

If you're proud of the fact that you're a mini bus alumni, more power to you. Society will find a place for you, there are plenty of brooms to be pushed and plenty of trash recepticles that need to be emptied. I can' fathom the fact that you seem to take great pride in being stupid and self absorbed, but I see that all the time with younger people these days, so I've learned to accept it. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion

noun

a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Hmm...that's odd. It would seem that you have a poor understanding of the actual definition of the word "opinion". I'm sorry to {censored} all over your precious Penta, sweetheart, but the amp is a hunk a' hunk a' burnin trash.

And that, there is an opinion.

This is a qualifying statement: It's crap because (having played it several times) I have come to the conclusion that IT DOAN SOUND GOOD. I'm sorry if that's not clear enough for you...I understand that these things can be complicated for someone of your ilk and that the written word can be a poor medium for things like tone, inflection and implied meaning.

What exactly is it that you want? Would this have been preferable?

"I find the lackluster tone of these amps provided by the obviously inferior Peavey crystal lettuce to be akin to that of a can of bees at the higher gain settings, thin/papery crunch at the mid gain settings and an overall uninspired clean tone. Much like the slew of digital modeling amps now flooding the market, in trying to be a Jack of All Trades, the Peavey Penta falls short of achieving success with any of the myriad of tones available from this amplifier."

Basically that was just a longer version of "It doesn't sound good." So, again...I think I can just leave it with a simple "go {censored} yourself" and have a nice day. :wave:

• Members

Come on now...this is definitely not the top-shelf trolling you're capable of. I expected better. This is sub-par work, even by current HCAF standards.

As for nate, I said before he's probably a nice guy and does a good job. There's no reason for anybody to be any degree of butthurt. This wasn't personal and, like everything else in this thread, was a matter of opinion.

personal or butthurt?

I'm just telling you to shut the {censored} up. Everyone else is simply ignoring you.

Now go {censored} yourself.

• Members

:lol:

Well, that's a LITTLE better. Still not truly Ricky Bobby quality, but better than your other attempts.

Nice deflection attempt, asshat.

No one is trolling you. Simply telling you that you're a moron so Nate-Peavey won't take you seriously. Looks like it worked, so we're done. I'm just berating you at this point.

• Members

It's one of their best selling amps. You're far too much of an idealist, you stretch the truth, exaggerate, and in general bull{censored} out your ass to prove your point.

The HRD's are a great alternative to their more expensive Bassman, DRRi, etc.

I know you've probably owned like 8 of them, with all 8 having catostrophic failure while you were on tour with the Eagles, Paul McCartney, etc who all proceeded to end your musical career for such an obvious failure in picking amps. Plus, you've know like 4 friends that also had them, with similar, if not identical, results.

But really... shut the {censored} up already.

This is like in wrasslin, where the bad guy is going nuts on the good guy, and someone runs in from the back with a steel chair. :snax:

• Members

Nice deflection attempt, asshat.

No one is trolling you. Simply telling you that you're a moron so Nate-Peavey won't take you seriously. Looks like it worked, so we're done. I'm just berating you at this point.

You're either trolling, or you're a disingenuous idiot, since you and I have had discussions about many of the points in this thread on several different occasions, as well as the facts that a) you're not exactly selling out arenas and/or are a household name either and b) a solid majority of your posts are rather juvenile (albeit often funny) rants/troll attempts/posts about how drunk you got the night before instead of, say, contributing, helpful information.

I don't think you're an idiot, so that would leave the former.

• Members

You're either trolling, or you're a disingenuous idiot, since you and I have had discussions about many of the points in this thread on several different occasions, as well as the facts that a) you're not exactly selling out arenas and/or are a household name either and b) a solid majority of your posts are rather juvenile (albeit often funny) rants/troll attempts/posts about how drunk you got the night before instead of, say, contributing, helpful information.

I don't think you're an idiot, so that would leave the former.

hey, watch it...don't you bring {censored}ing logic into this thing.

Archived