PEAVEY PENTA AMP...where did they go?

lumpy555

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're either trolling, or you're a disingenuous idiot, since you and I have had discussions about many of the points in this thread on several different occasions, as well as the facts that a) you're not exactly selling out arenas and/or are a household name either and b) a solid majority of your posts are rather juvenile (albeit often funny) rants/troll attempts/posts about how drunk you got the night before instead of, say, contributing, helpful information.

I don't think you're an idiot, so that would leave the former.

What are you not understanding? You are an idiot. Plain and simple.

Here SilverFaceChamp, let me leave you with my thoughts, in no uncertain terms:

1.) You are a moron.

2.) No one respects your opinion.

3.) I am better than you while being half your age.

• Members

What are you not understanding? You are an idiot. Plain and simple.

Here SilverFaceChamp, let me leave you with my thoughts, in no uncertain terms:

1.)
You are a moron.

2.)
No one respects your opinion.

3.)
I am better than you while being half your age.

:lol:

Still weak, but at least semi-funny. You're generally a bit more nuanced than infantile name calling.

Are you done bumping the thread now?

• Members

:lol:

Still weak, but at least semi-funny. You're generally a bit more nuanced than infantile name calling.

Are you done bumping the thread now?

Nope. I am more than happy to continue laughing at you. It was a pretty one sided beat down and now you're retreating like a little bitch.

• Members

Nope. I am more than happy to continue laughing at you. It was a pretty one sided beat down and now you're retreating like a little bitch.

Not really, considering that you've actually agreed with me on every major point in this thread at some point or another in the past. But, if you want to continue acting like a 5 year old and demonstrating how useless/disingenuous you actually are, I can do this all day long. I know it kills you that you can't force me into a meltdown, but you're more than welcome to continue trying. You have a great deal of new depths to explore.

• Members

wow, retarded knows no bounds.

Sorry, SFC, but you're just swinging blindly trying to win an argument that doesn't need winning :confused:

I mean, yeah, pretty much every amp company has put out some duds.

So what's your point? Heck, even if the popular vote is that it sucks, somebody out there will like it and buy it.

• Members

I mean, yeah, pretty much every amp company has put out some duds. So what's your point? Heck, even if the popular vote is that it sucks, somebody out there will like it and buy it.

I don't believe I ever disagreed with any part of what you posted, and in fact stated as much several times in this thread.

What's stupid about the whole thing is that my original comment wasn't even really directed at Peavey per se, but rather the industry as a whole. I happen to really like Peavey and have been a big proponent of theirs for a very long time. But, a couple of people in this thread took it all way too seriously and got an acute case of butthurt. In fact, the thread was all the way to page 3 or 4 when RB bumped it with his initial rant.

• Members

yet, you are the only moron that sees your side. Everyone else is disagreeing with you.

I realize that you fully believe you have a valid argument. Let me help you with that...

You're still a moron.

Continue to bump your shame.

And it's still a fact that you've agreed with me on every major point I've made, so continuing this doesn't make you look particularly intelligent, either, especially considering the best you can muster is to resort to school-yard taunts.

• Members

And it's still a fact that you've agreed with me on every major point I've made, so continuing this doesn't make you look particularly intelligent, either, especially considering the best you can muster is to resort to school-yard taunts.

claiming I agreed with any of your stupidity is just more bull{censored} from you. Let me further break things down for you. I have never agreed with any of the drivel you spewed on about in this thread. You are lying and desperately grasping at straws to make your point, which is what I humiliated you about earlier in this thread.

So yes, I do agree that you are a blatant liar that will say anything and everything to "prove" your side.

continue to bump the shaming you received :lol:

• Members

Seriously, that amp just never did it for me. The cleans were meh, the drive was meh, the combo was only available in 1x12 and the head doesn't have reverb. SO much fail in their marketing department.

I've always loved ~40-50 watt Fender
2x12
combos. Why don't they make these anymore, aside from the Deville?

This is EXACTLY the point of my initial post.

• Members

Huh...

and...

This is EXACTLY the point of my initial post.

Those were expensive amps offered by Fender and were not the Hot Rod series that you were talking about.

So yes, Fender had offered the features I wanted, at a lower price. I wasn't expecting a $1000 amp for $400 like you were grilling Nate on.

Next.

• Members

Those were expensive amps offered by Fender and were not the Hot Rod series that you were talking about.

So yes, Fender had offered the features I wanted, at a lower price. I wasn't expecting a $1000 amp for $400 like you were grilling Nate on.

Next.

The Mustang you referenced in the first quote and told Fender to 'shove up their asses' is a $99 amp for the cheapest model. Not exactly high end, but a nice attempt to deflect that you don't even believe your own bull{censored}.

Next.

• Members

The Mustang you referenced in the first quote and told Fender to 'shove up their asses' is a $99 amp for the cheapest model. Not exactly high end, but a nice attempt to deflect that you don't even believe your own bull{censored}.

Next.

Yes, a modeling amp. I don't feel Fender should be putting out $99 modeling amps, because that was never their forte. Peavey has been putting out budget models since day 1, so railing on them for not putting out a $1000 amp for $400 is just dumb. That's why I called you a moron, and I'm sticking by it.

You're reeeeeeeeeeeally stretching now, and in doing so you're further proving my point that you're a pathetic moron. Keeeeeeeeeep reaching.

• Members

they shoulda spent more time & $ on R&D on that one
:cop:

Yup, but according to Ricky Bobby, I'm completely wrong about everything and he's never, ever posted anything that could be remotely construed as agreeing with the things that I mentioned in this thread.

For the millionth time, it wasn't directed at Peavey (or Nate), but at the industry as a whole.

• Members

Yup, but according to Ricky Bobby, I'm completely wrong about everything and he's never, ever posted anything that could be remotely construed as agreeing with the things that I mentioned in this thread.

For the millionth time, it wasn't directed at Peavey (or Nate), but at the industry as a whole.

Peavey has been putting out budget tube amps since day 1. The Windsor is directly in line with what they've always produced. Expecting them to further develop the Windsor or Penta is just dumb because it would price them out of Peavey's own pricing strategy.

You're a moron.

• Members

I dig Peavey... sure, they make/have made some {censored} amps... and by my calculations, about 50% of them just weren't to my taste, and the the half were genuine crap. So 75% of the Peaveys I've dried were respectable, whether they tickled my personal fancy or not.

Honestly, that's not a bad record for an amp company... admittedly, I've not tried every Peavey ever made... but, say, Crate, in comparison, I can be certain that 85% of their product line, at least, is utter {censored}.

Fender, in my opinion, is a different beast... they aren't the "underdog" they are obviously one of the largest musical instrument manufacturers in the world, and have no excuse for putting out so much useless garbage.

Fender could coast for all eternity on the R&D they did pre silverface era. They have, probably, at least 50 stellar amp designs under their belt... absolute classics... and at least as many more that were just as good, but less popular.

Why don't they build on their own legacy instead of trying to keep ahead of everyone else? What's the point of the Hot Rod series anyway? They, though acceptable, are not, by any definition, "great" amps... at least not in comparison to the amps they seek to "emulate".

A comparable Traynor, would save you a couple bucks and get you a better amp... or better yet, find a used Peavey Classic.

Why not make an import Super Reverb that isn't $700 more than the 4x10 hot rod model?

They can keep their channel switching, modeling, and effects... why not just do what you are good at (making single channel amps), instead of putting out a bunch of garbage?

• Members

And, for the amount of stuff in that amp, they could've, say, made a $500 amp that sounded way better than a $400 amp, sold better, had a better rep, and still made them the same per item profit.

So, again, can you please point out where in that statement that I implied that a $1000 amp should be able to be purchased for $400? It was nate that introduced that statement, not me.

Archived