PEAVEY PENTA AMP...where did they go?

lumpy555

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can you please point out where I said a $1000 amp should be able to be purchased for $400?

I did, however, say that there's no reason to accept poor quality/bad designs at the Windsor's price point.

For example:

So, again, can you please point out where in that statement that I implied that a $400 amp should be able to be purchased for $1000? Those were nate's words, not mine.

Peavey released a $400 amp. You're asking for a $1000, fully developed/researched amp for only $100 more than their $400 MAP.

For $400, the Windsor is an amazing bargain for a brand new tube amp, from a respectable company. They had to develop that amp from scratch, and someone in their chain of command realized further developing it in to what FJA or the other modders do was not even close to feasible. It narrows the scope of potential buyers, raises the price, raises the costs, further delays releasing the amp, etc.

You're expecting Peavey to have the mobility of a 1 man modding operation. Peavey has far more regulations to work through to get the amp compliant with EU, US, Asia code, make it reliable enough to not be losing money on warranty work needed after release, etc.

Ultimately, they have to make concessions where not everyone will be happy. I can guarantee the kid that saved up $400 plus tax for a brand new Windsor head is happy they didn't decide to make yet another specialty amp for several hundred more.

And you really think it's just as easy as another $20 in parts and another $100 added to the MAP.

That's why I'm calling you a moron. You don't get it. That's why I keep laughing, because you're going above and beyond to prove me right.

• Members

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion

Hmm...that's odd. It would seem that you have a poor understanding of the actual definition of the word "opinion". I'm sorry to {censored} all over your precious Penta, sweetheart, but the amp is a hunk a' hunk a' burnin trash.

And that, there is an opinion.

This is a qualifying statement: It's crap because (having played it several times) I have come to the conclusion that IT DOAN SOUND GOOD. I'm sorry if that's not clear enough for you...I understand that these things can be complicated for someone of your ilk and that the written word can be a poor medium for things like tone, inflection and
implied
meaning.

What exactly is it that you want? Would this have been preferable?

"I find the lackluster tone of these amps provided by the obviously inferior Peavey crystal lettuce to be akin to that of a can of bees at the higher gain settings, thin/papery crunch at the mid gain settings and an overall uninspired clean tone. Much like the slew of digital modeling amps now flooding the market, in trying to be a Jack of All Trades, the Peavey Penta falls short of achieving success with any of the myriad of tones available from this amplifier."

Basically that was just a longer version of "It doesn't sound good." So, again...I think I can just leave it with a simple "go {censored} yourself" and have a nice day.
:wave:

THE ORANGE ROCKER30 SOUNDS LIKE TEN TONS OF RAUNCHY CRAB-HAVING ASS.

IT IS AN UTTER AND UNENDING OVERPRICED PIECE OF {censored}.

DON'T GO {censored}TING IN THREADS WITH YOUR OFF SIDE OPINIONS ESPECIALLY SINCE YOUR LOGIC THAT EPI+ORANGE=PWNAGE IS SEVERELY FLAWED.

YOUR FRIEND

THEE HAMMER

• Members

That's why I'm calling you a moron. You don't get it. That's why I keep laughing, because you're going above and beyond to prove me right.

You still haven't pointed out where I said a $1000 amp should be $400, and you still haven't addressed that I've proven that you're talking out of your ass in a very disingenuous fashion. You came in here with another one of your juvenile rants which, unfortunately for you this time, wasn't particularly well thought out and now it's biting you on the ass all over the place. But, you can continue digging a hole if you'd like.

• Members

DON'T GO {censored}TING IN THREADS WITH YOUR OFF SIDE OPINIONS ESPECIALLY SINCE YOUR LOGIC THAT EPI+ORANGE=PWNAGE IS SEVERELY FLAWED.

YOUR FRIEND

THEE HAMMER

Did I mention that I hate...uh...whatever it is you play! :mad::cop: :poke:

• Members

So anything under $500 is obviously not fully developed/researched/R&D'd? That's basically what you're saying here, and it doesn't particularly make a lot of sense. There are products that are substantially more complicated than a Windsor that sell for less.

And, since reading comprehension clearly isn't your forte, what I said was there's no reason to cut corners (reference my HRD input jack example) at either the HRD's or the Windsor's price point. I understand that you think it's acceptable to pay what is a fairly large sum of money for most people for a product that will have sub-par performance that could've been near perfect if they'd spent a couple more dollars on input jacks. I understand that some parts ARE expensive, which is why I said, again numerous times, that transformers are an exception.

In terms of the Windsor, I still maintain that it's perfectly reasonable to expect basic things to be taken care of (at least take input from your modding community), at least in the later revisions of the product.

Finally, the Penta was NOT a 'cheap' amplifier by any definition, and it flopped. As I've said numerous times already, Peavey has less of the basic issues that Fender does, but it still has products that don't perform well because they didn't find the right niche for a variety of reasons, most of which could be addressed in R&D with minimal additional effort.

You still haven't pointed out where I said a $1000 amp should be $400, and you still haven't addressed that I've proven that you're talking out of your ass in a very disingenuous fashion. You came in here with another one of your juvenile rants which, unfortunately for you this time, wasn't particularly well thought out and now it's biting you on the ass all over the place. But, you can continue digging a hole if you'd like.

you can't always predict a success/failure though.

I seriously doubt Peavey released the Penta going "oh man dude we are going to lose A WAD on this amp, oh yea! :highfive:"

I wasn't there, so I don't really know what they did or didn't do, but upping the R&D budget isn't always the answer. Sometimes, a product just doesn't take off. :idk:

• Members

This conversation is over. You're obviously too stupid to get it. You had a Peavey rep explain it in nice terms, and you had me explain it in blunt terms.

This is going nowhere because you're too stupid to understand. Claiming reading comprehension fail is pretty much HCAF lingo for:

I'm so {censored}ing stupid, I just can't stop arguing
:cry:

• Members

you can't always predict a success/failure though.

I seriously doubt Peavey released the Penta going "oh man dude we are going to lose A WAD on this amp, oh yea! :highfive:"

I wasn't there, so I don't really know what they did or didn't do, but upping the R&D budget isn't always the answer. Sometimes, a product just doesn't take off.
:idk:

This is true, but better market research should've/could've mitigated at least SOME of those issues, one would tend to think.

I'm more referring to Fender's plastic input jacks in terms of a concrete example of poor product development.

• Members

This conversation is over. You're obviously too stupid to get it. You had a Peavey rep explain it in nice terms, and you had me explain it in blunt terms.

This is going nowhere because you're too stupid to understand. Claiming reading comprehension fail is pretty much HCAF lingo for:

It's over because I backed you into a corner of your own making that you can't get out of with your typical infantile 'comebacks.' You were wrong about never agreeing with me, you're wrong about what you think I've said in this thread, and I've proven both as such.

Thanks for playing!

• Members

YOUR FRIEND

THEE HAMMER

Whatever you say, buddy. Doesn't change the fact that I sound better than you do :D

• Members

This is true, but better market research should've/could've mitigated at least SOME of those issues, one would tend to think.

I'm more referring to Fender's plastic input jacks in terms of a concrete example of poor product development.

I understand and agree on that point 100%, but not really sure how that relates to something like the Windsor, for example.

I mean, I'm no tech, I just know that I've heard that something about the cathode follower or whatever makes the Windsor sound the way it does, which a lot of people don't like. OK.

I kind of think something like that had to have been done intentionally, though.

With the Penta, who knows? Maybe they just had too much $ tied up in it to just scrap it altogether? :idk:

Clearly, discontinuing that product is a sign that they get it.

• Members

saving Fender $1 on an input jack, extrapolated across however many HRD amps they have sold = massive corporate savings. They are still making HRD's, people are still buying HRD's, and only dolts such as yourself are complaining.

You're an idiot that can't see the forest through the trees. Continue to focus on stupid minor things instead of viewing things from a company's perspective. Especially, when you're telling a company how to run itself.

• Members

saving Fender $1 on an input jack, extrapolated across however many HRD amps they have sold = massive corporate savings. They are still making HRD's, people are still buying HRD's, and only dolts such as yourself are complaining.

You're an idiot that can't see the forest through the trees. Continue to focus on stupid minor things instead of viewing things from a company's perspective. Especially, when you're telling a company how to run itself.

Fender fixed the input jacks on new production units a number of years ago after they spent a FORTUNE fixing broken ones. In fact, they actually changed their warranty policy on what's considered 'expendable' parts following that whole debacle.

So, you're wrong AGAIN. When you're in a hole, quit digging.

• Members

I understand and agree on that point 100%, but not really sure how that relates to something like the Windsor, for example.

I mean, I'm no tech, I just know that I've heard that something about the cathode follower or whatever makes the Windsor sound the way it does, which a lot of people don't like. OK.

I kind of think something like that had to have been done intentionally, though.

With the Penta, who knows?
Maybe they just had too much $ tied up in it to just scrap it altogether?
:idk:
Clearly, discontinuing that product is a sign that they get it.

Nate came out and said just that. SFC is too dumb to understand how companies work.

He just wants another $20 in parts added to every cheap amp, because obviously it'll only take the company adding $20 to the final cost to break even.

• Members

Fender fixed the input jacks a number of years ago after they spent a FORTUNE fixing broken ones. In fact, they actually changed their warranty policy on what's considered 'expendable' parts following that whole debacle.

So, you're wrong AGAIN. When you're in a hole, quit digging.

Wrong on what?

• Members

Nate came out and said just that. SFC is too dumb to understand how companies work.

He just wants another $20 in parts added to every cheap amp, because obviously it'll only take the company adding $20 to the final cost to break even.

Point out where I said that, please, or, probably a better option for you at this point, drop it.

• Members

Whatever you say, buddy. Doesn't change the fact that I sound better than you do
:D

Rockerverb50>Rocker 30

SF Vibrolux Reverb>Rocker 30

61 Tweed Champ>Rocker 30

Fender Prosonic CS> Rocker 30

Modded Lonestar>Rocker 30

I can continue, just saying that my tree isn't the best one to bark up, and hate to see you doing exactly to the penta what you ostracized people for doing to the alchemist.

• Members

Point out where I said that, please, or, probably a better option for you at this point, drop it.

You've said that throughout the entire thread.

Now you're just trying the moving target thing, because you think I'll miss. You're not even as mobile as you expect Peavey to be.

• Members

Rockerverb50>Rocker 30

SF Vibrolux Reverb>Rocker 30

61 Tweed Champ>Rocker 30

Fender Prosonic CS> Rocker 30

Modded Lonestar>Rocker 30

I can continue, just saying that my tree isn't the best one to bark up, and hate to see you doing exactly to the penta what you ostracized people for doing to the alchemist.

You mean saying it sounds bad based on experience? :eek:

Dude, you're not going to win a pissing contest, mostly because:

1. I'm still going to play my amp

2. I still couldn't give two {censored}s what you say about it. Because I'm an adult.

• Members

That's a cop out if I've ever seen one before.

I mean, more of one than you've displayed so far in this thread. It's just blatant now. and pathetic.

Fender released a product with a part that was, at that time, covered under warranty that nearly universally failed after a month or so of normal use.

Ergo, these 'savings' you speak of didn't happen. Had better product testing happened, they would've seen that it was going to be an issue and a pretty costly one at that. No company that plans on staying in business very long does that.

Since that whole mess, Fender fixed the design and it's not as big of a problem any more.

I realize that you might be a little too young to really remember when those amps came out, but it was very common to find brand new DeVilles on guitar shop sales floors with stripped out, faulty jacks.

You apparently don't know enough about this stuff to continue this other than name-calling. I don't fault you for that, but it doesn't really do you any favors.

You've been wrong over and over and over in this thread, and I'm not really sure why you're continuing considering your typical MO of drive by trolling didn't really pan out.

Archived