College dorm room, what do I do

Say Ocean

• Members

Most of my writing is electric oriented though, but there are tons of people here with acoustics though (it is college after all) so I don't really need to bring mine.

Plus, when you see "Mr. Sensitive Cool Bro" outside of your campus student center every day trying to pick up chicks, you can just punch him in the face and steal his acoustic. :thu:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lolwut? I'm a freshman engineering major too and I had like 13 hours/week this quarter, even later in the year the most I'll have is like 20ish. How many {censored}ing units are you taking?
:confused:

Anyway I just brought my acoustic, haven't really found the need for an electric at college although I do miss it

6 classes...18 hours of lectures, 10 hours of labs, 5 hours of tutorials.

• Members

Didn't take the time to read thru the entire thread so if this has been posted already, sorry.

YOUR IN COLLEGE

GET OUT THE DORM

GO TO PARTIES

BANG DRUNK COLLEGE GIRLZ

that is all

• Members

seriously, college is the cyanide capsule for your rock career.

You won't record with your friends.

You won't start a band.

You will get a 1x12 combo and practice.

You will try to impress girls with shred.

They will leave your room.

You will get an acoustic and sing "more than Words"

Only then, will you get laid.

• Members

Are you double majoring or trying to graduate early or something? I'm never going to have to take 6 classes at once

Nope and nope. This past semester I had 6 and next semester I have 6. Next year should be down to 5 per semester. :idk:

Last semester was Engineering Practice, Physics 1, Chem 1, Geology, Engineering Graphics and Calc 1. Next semester is Engineering Practice (full-year course), Physics 2, Chem 2, Programming, Calc 2 and Linear Algebra. All were required and the load is around that (although not usually quite so high) pretty much everywhere I considered when I was coming into it.

• Members
Nope and nope. This past semester I had 6 and next semester I have 6. Next year should be down to 5 per semester.
:idk:

Last semester was Engineering Practice, Physics 1, Chem 1, Geology, Engineering Graphics and Calc 1. Next semester is Engineering Practice (full-year course), Physics 2, Chem 2, Programming, Calc 2 and Linear Algebra. All were required and the load is around that (although not usually quite so high) pretty much everywhere I considered when I was coming into it.

Petroleum?

• Members

-Voxengo Boogex (or any other IR loader)

-GuitarHack's impulses

-LePou's amp sims

If you already have an interface, it will all be free. And awesome!
:thu:

This is the correct answer. And there are lots more free sims than just LePou's that are equally as awesome...so try em all.

• Members

I used to always say POD, but if you have a nice computer VST's are definitely getting good enough to make a good setup.

I personally don't like being tied to a computer, but I would definitely do it in a dorm room.

I ran rack units into a stereo system in my dorm room... sounded horrible, but it worked, lol.

• Members
Didn't take the time to read thru the entire thread so if this has been posted already, sorry.

YOUR IN COLLEGE

GET OUT THE DORM

GO TO PARTIES

BANG DRUNK COLLEGE GIRLZ

that is all

You say that like that's not what I've been up to :lol:

Doesn't mean I can't also make music :cop:

• Members

Nope and nope. This past semester I had 6 and next semester I have 6. Next year should be down to 5 per semester.
:idk:

You can take physics without calculus as a prerequisite? What is this?

• Members

You can take physics without calculus as a prerequisite? What is this?

High-school calculus was a prerequisite for the program and everyone learned enough then (or had to play catch-up the past few months) to get through Physics 1. There's a ton more calculus in Physics 2 next semester and by then, we've taken Calc 1.

Archived