your thoughts on monster cables

esizer

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hear they're bad, they sue, they're this or that. Did they sue you? What specifically did they do to you to make you hate them. If you can tell me what it is that makes them so bad, in detail instead of vague comments I'll probably agree with you and quit purchasing their products. All I ever see are hate Monster bandwagons that every one jumps on for a ride. I really like the cable and the tone. I've played planet waves, mogami, and some customs and the difference is nominal. There is some research on the net of an audio fidelity comparison of these cables, same results very nominal difference. Life time warranty is excellent from any of these brands. So buy monster unless you have a good reason to hate them like so many seem to do.

• Members

I hear they're bad, they sue, they're this or that. Did they sue you? What specifically did they do to you to make you hate them. If you can tell me what it is that makes them so bad, in detail instead of vague comments I'll probably agree with you and quit purchasing their products. All I ever see are hate Monster bandwagons that every one jumps on for a ride. I really like the cable and the tone. I've played planet waves, mogami, and some customs and the difference is nominal. There is some research on the net of an audio fidelity comparison of these cables, same results very nominal difference. Life time warranty is excellent from any of these brands. So buy monster unless you have a good reason to hate them like so many seem to do.

Google Monster Lawsuit. If you can't be bothered, here's as good a place to start as any.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/09/monster-cable-learns-nothing-sues-monster-transmission/

• Members

Google Monster Lawsuit. If you can't be bothered, here's as good a place to start as any.

Thanks for the input. Again, devil's advocate here, I don't mind this. They are protecting they're name. If it was registered first they have the right to do this. Maybe they're jerks. So is Gibson but I like their guitars. If you said they weren't honoring their life time warranty and dodging it in court, or trying to charge local bands a license fee for using their product for commercial purposes, I'd be on the 'hate Monster' bandwagon too but so far, I'm still ok with them. I'd get sued if I opened a guitar cable company and called it Ben and Jerry's.

I won't comment anymore. Not trying to argue. I just like to have the intense dislike for a company explained. Sometimes it's justified.

• Members

ive seen a brand new car totalled and then i saw someone drive down the road in a 30 yr old car. by that logic all new cars will instantly be wrecked and all old cars will last forever.

Hu? That's not what that comparison means at all. By "not worth it" he's implying that it's not necessary (aka worth it) to buy "fancy" cables - cheap ones CAN last too. At no point did he say that ALL Monster cables will break, as your analogy implies.

• Members

Thanks for the input. Again, devil's advocate here, I don't mind this. They are protecting they're name. If it was registered first they have the right to do this. Maybe they're jerks. So is Gibson but I like their guitars. If you said they weren't honoring their life time warranty and dodging it in court, or trying to charge local bands a license fee for using their product for commercial purposes, I'd be on the 'hate Monster' bandwagon too but so far, I'm still ok with them. I'd get sued if I opened a guitar cable company and called it Ben and Jerry's.

I won't comment anymore. Not trying to argue. I just like to have the intense dislike for a company explained. Sometimes it's justified.

Really? Ben and Jerrys compared to a very VERY common word in the English language? Theres bound to be thousands of companies in the world that use the word monster in some form or another, many of which before the cable company came around (correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't one of them get sued as well?).

Whats next? Suing Toho for referring to Godzilla as a "monster"? Nah. They don't care about protecting their name. They're in it for the money, no matter who they bring down to get it

• Members

Whirlwind Leader series.

Cheap, Reliable, easy to keep from getting tangled and Lifetime warranty.

When you get your,s pull the sleeve back and have a look at how they did the joints and then enjoy the piece of mind that ensues.

This. I have several of these that have been going strong for nearly 15 years, and sound great.

Monster cables are fine for tieing down an amp rack in the trailer. Maybe. Lifetime warranties aren't worth jack when a cable fails in the middle of an important gig or a studio session - I want something that will never REQUIRE a warranty.

• Members

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/legal/mcp/index.htm

• Members

Yes, and that's exactly why Wal-Mart is raking in billions. Convenience is a very important factor. You're only illustrating my point here.

And a BIG reason you pay higher insurance rates, taxes, and don'thave a mom & Pop Hardware store in your neighborhood anymore. But it is your choice what to buy. I'd rather pay more to an ethically responsible company, than less to a company that has a terrible track record of being first in the race to the low.

Archived