I am going to lose some cred for this... ATTACK ATTACK!

Chrisjd

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Probably the shiniest turd polish job in the recording industry ever. Franke can't sing to save his life.

Oceano and Born of Osiris are other examples of good in the studio/ horrible on stage bands.

Thankfully I have missed out on seeing Attack Attack live, I'm good with that.

• Members

most of the hardcore screamo harcore death core brutal music is plagued with sub par talent. its just to polished for me, i love crazy, i love recklessness, most of those guys' stage presence is uniform. IMO its all about every band member going completely insane while still executing their music

AKA the "Dillinger Escape Plan" these guys went on after Bring Me the Horizon (fyi i cant stand these guys) at warped tour, and it was like night and day. Dilinger Went absolutely berzerker in comparison to BMTH while playing material that is twice as complex and twice as tasteful

• Members

most of the hardcore screamo harcore death core brutal music is plagued with sub par talent. its just to polished for me, i love crazy, i love recklessness, most of those guys' stage presence is uniform. IMO its all about every band member going completely insane while still executing their music

AKA the "Dillinger Escape Plan" these guys went on after Bring Me the Horizon (fyi i cant stand these guys) at warped tour, and it was like night and day. Dilinger Went absolutely berzerker in comparison to BMTH while playing material that is twice as complex and twice as tasteful

since when did dep get "tasteful"?

• Members

i don't think i'd ever had described Dillinger Escape Plan as tasteful.

Chaotic? Painful? Awesome? Mindcrushing? Yes.

Tasteful? Probably not so much. :lol:

I think I get what he was saying as a whole but.....wouldn't have been my word choice. :lol:

• Members

OP: Up till 2:56 I was thinking, "This would be listenable if the left out the clean vocal parts"... then came 2:50-the rest of the song and the urge to have sex with a man grew stronger and stronger.

since when did dep get "tasteful"?

Since when did it become necessary to turn EVERYTHING into an acronym?

• Members

video- interesting

buick- {censored} yeah! and logical instead of some rhinestone covered cadillac

song writing instrument wise- more chord range would bee nice, but it goes decently together. the chorus reminds me of a heavy neverending story.

vocals- i {censored}ing hate monotone screams and stop with the autotune vocals for the love of god! same with the stupid techno beats, what the {censored}.

in summary everything would be better, but still generally mediocre if the stupid {censored} was cut from it

yes i watched all of it

and p.s. that stupid chanting "this is my family" stuff is retarded, theyre not nyc hardcore, theyre hot topic tardcore and should say something at their own level thats even more irrelevant to the song.

• Members

and p.s. that stupid chanting "this is my family" stuff is retarded, theyre not nyc hardcore, theyre hot topic tardcore and should say something at their own level thats even more irrelevant to the song.

HAHAHAAH, I definitely agree with you on that.

• Members

BMTH = Bring Me the Horizon

Established in post #105.

Ahhh, acronym bands!

(I have no idea who BMTH is btw.
:lol:
)

Back in the day I just assumed that if an acronym was used, I don't want to listen (BTBAM, ATB, AILD, etc...) Then people started doing it to EVERY band out there!!! Seriously, typing is not difficult.

If I had a dollar for every time I saw Cannibal Corpse = CC, Alice and Chains = AIC, etc... Those are good bands who need not be tainted by t3h c0r3 kids.

No joke, I will give you guys free typing lessons! We'll use webcams. I want to help.

• Members

Back in the day I just assumed that if an acronym was used, I don't want to listen (BTBAM, ATB, AILD, etc...) Then people started doing it to EVERY band out there!!! Seriously, typing is not difficult.

If I had a dollar for every time I saw Cannibal Corpse = CC, Alice and Chains = AIC, etc... Those are good bands who need not be tainted by t3h c0r3 kids.

No joke, I will give you guys free typing lessons! We'll use webcams. I want to help.

How the {censored} did I miss AILD, BTBAM, and ATB?

• Members

I listened to DM and Grunge before t3h c03rz. :facepalm:

• Members

Between the buried and me, and, The number 12 looks like you remain my last stance on the heavier front of music, besides that i have yet to find talent in the screaming music scene

Check out Ulcerate. 1 of about 100 very talented bands who don't sing that I could suggest to you. I only have "The Destroyers of All" album so I can be held responsible if you listen to some older stuff and it sucks. Check TDOA! ;):o

Disclaimer: This band = growling, not screaming.

Archived