Political Correctness FML

guitarbilly74

• Members

I was talking to my kid earlier today and he is telling he doesn't like to play with one of the kids from his class.

I asking him why and he says "well, he can't run because he is, you know... the F word"

I'm :confused: and ask him what F word he is talking about. He is like "... well, we are not really supposed to say that".

I tell him it's ok to say it to me and he says the kid can't run because he is FAT! FAT!!!!

And then he proceeds to tell me his teacher has been saying calling people fat is "hate speech"

Obviously, she is a fat {censored} herself. WTF!!!! :mad: Since when calling a FAT person fat is hate speech???

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow :facepalm: The politically correctness that everything is gravitating towards is mind numbingly dumb. God forbid someone's self-esteem gets crushed so they never know what it's like to get back on their feet. For {censored}'s sake, this actually pisses me off :arg:

Good for your boy for knowing right from wrong though...You're being a good parent...It's just unfortunate what they are TEACHING them as right and wrong.

• Members

Billy, the truth hurts. For the teacher's sake anyway.
:lol:

Hate speech my ass. Exercise fatass!
:mad:

I really think this teacher is doing a disservice to the kids by saying this kind of {censored}. I don't want my kid to be going around calling people's names but I don't want him to be a {censored} either. I don't see ANY problem with using the word FAT to describe a person. The fact that she's been hammering this PC BULL{censored} into the kids head hard enough that my kid was reluctant to use the word to describe a classmate to his own dad is a big concern to me.

• Members

y'know though-- it's good yer kids thinking about it. i probably woulda said 'that kid was one dumpy slovenly piece o {censored} frito lay eating tub o lard and couldn't move his fat ass fast enough with his guts weighin on his knees' and never thought any different.

:D

seriously.. i probably would have.

but that your kid's thinking enough of what his teacher says to him to think of other kids feelings.. that's pretty rare and admirable, really. you got good kids!

but that is some silliness though. it's a drag to see SO many fat kids.. goddamn.. get em outside and exersizing instead of moldering on the could playin' vids... damn little obeast piglets...

• Members

Wow
:facepalm:
The politically correctness that everything is gravitating towards is mind numbingly dumb. God forbid someone's self-esteem gets crushed so they never know what it's like to get back on their feet. For {censored}'s sake, this actually pisses me off :arg:

Good for your boy for knowing right from wrong though...You're being a good parent...It's just unfortunate what they are TEACHING them as right and wrong.

Exactly. I was not mad at Brandon at all. I told him it was a good thing that he followed what the teacher asked him to do, however, the teacher is incorrect in this case and most adjectives can be used as slur, it's all about context.

But I am REALLY concerned that this teacher is saying this kind of {censored}. I am thinking of complaining to the principal about it but I don't know if that would work because the principal is a {censored}ing whale too :facepalm:

• Members

Yeah, well the thing with PC euphemisms is that people figure them out, and they have to change the word again. I believe the ultimate goal is to have no one understand anyone.

i think that's pretty true. ultimately-- it's kinda stupid 'cause it just indicates that people don't want to hear the damn truth. RACIAL slurs.. c'mon.. that's bad-- but saying things like FAT... dude.. it's not like fat people don't KNOW they're FAT, and most of them would say 'yeah.. i'm fat.' but if it's an available option to make sure you don't hear anybody say 'you're FAT'.. it's not like it's not still gonna be so.. you just don't hear it. hello... ostrich, meet sand.

• Members

I know the teacher from PTA meetings. She is a {censored}ing Godzilla of a woman. 300lbs at least.

Send him to school with a "my teacher is godzilla" t-shirt on :lol:

For real though, I don't think it would hurt to make your point known to the principal. I mean, if she's a manbearpig herself, it likely won't do anything...but at least you can vocalize your distaste...I would be doing the same thing man.

• Members

i think that's pretty true. ultimately-- it's kinda stupid 'cause it just indicates that people don't want to hear the damn truth. RACIAL slurs.. c'mon.. that's bad-- but saying things like FAT... dude.. it's not like fat people don't KNOW they're FAT, and most of them would say 'yeah.. i'm fat.' but if it's an available option to make sure you don't hear anybody say 'you're FAT'.. it's not like it's not still gonna be so.. you just don't hear it. hello... ostrich, meet sand.

I really think it all comes down to self-esteem. Our society is so concerned with hurting people's feelings that our institutions are making sure this can't happen. This is a perfect example.

When I was in school, you had to earn self-esteem. Nobody wasn't going to just give it to you. If you had a booger on your nose, you'd get made fun of. If you wore pink pants and a purple shirt, you'd get made fun of. If you were fat, you'd be picked last in indoor hockey...It's just how it was...Yeah, some self-esteem was taken down a notch, but let's be real...You make it to where kids just think everyone is nice and PC in the real world, and they are going to be thrown into culture shock when they witness it themselves. The real world hasn't ever, and will never work like that. You have to take criticism and be humbled every once in awhile or you will be in a world of depression/anxiety.

Politically Correctness doesn't do anyone an ounce of good, because the whole world is not even CLOSE to PC.

Archived