Political Correctness FML

guitarbilly74

• Members

I'm convinced that political correctness will eventually be the downfall of western society. Not kidding.

You can say anything you want as long as it's not "you can't build your "community center" near Ground Zero bitch...ever!"

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't dismiss as Political Correctness when the correct label of: "mother {censored}ing mental mother {censored}ing defective" is more appropriate...

I'm convinced that political correctness will eventually be the downfall of western society. Not kidding.

• Members

What I think is amazing are younger kids never noticing any differences or at least to the point where it matters. At first they know every person that is in their life by name only... skin color, status, religion, creed, weight... not ever an issue. Their innocence is destroyed by awareness of those differences. PC tolerance {censored} has made our youth even more aware and more prejudicial imo.

Politically Correctness has not done much to unite. It divides and segregates, just comes up with new descriptions for more segregated people.

It's only "Politically" correct because it gives power to individual groups. All the PC {censored} is here to stay for that reason.

• Members

Well, when I was in primary school, I was a tubby git. Added to that, I had a thick Irish accent. The British kids ended up not liking either. What started as fat or Irish jokes quickly descended in my getting my ass kicked quite a lot, largely as my background I never reacted to name calling, just more ignored it. There was this one group of black kids that really enjoyed wailing on me too. It was rather fun. The teachers wouldn't do anything; they were afraid of the repercussions of punishing black pupils as one teacher had already faced the hammer after sending one out of the class for something he did - apparently he was flicking pencil shavings at other kids, teacher sent him out, his Dad turned up, made a big ol' complaint, teacher had to leave. Of course I fought back but 1 vs 6 is kinda a moot point.

OK, I get your point about political correctness and that. But there is a point where if teasing someone doesn't get a result, as it didn't with me, it goes somewhere else. As crazy as it sounds, I'm sorta with your teacher on this one, slightly. I had to move schools eventually and apparently the same gang started going after another kid. Sometimes PC works, sometimes it works against.

I'm not saying your kid will go around bullying people; but what starts as an innocent kid-age joke can go somewhere else when another kid hears it's alright to get on someone's case.

• Members

All this PC bull{censored} has gone way too far. Can't say this, can't say that. {censored}. I might as well be a mute.

What's wrong with calling someone a Mexican if he is one? Why can't I describe a black guy as being black?

I was fat growing up and I still am. Many people have called me fat but I don't give a {censored} cos' guess what, I am :lol:

That teacher has a personal agenda and you need to call her out Billy.

• Moderators
I was talking to my kid earlier today and he is telling he doesn't like to play with one of the kids from his class.

I asking him why and he says "well, he can't run because he is, you know... the F word"

I'm
:confused:
and ask him what F word he is talking about. He is like "... well, we are not really supposed to say that".

I tell him it's ok to say it to me and he says the kid can't run because he is FAT! FAT!!!!

And then he proceeds to tell me his teacher has been saying calling people fat is "hate speech"

Obviously, she is a fat {censored} herself. WTF!!!!
:mad:
Since when calling a FAT person fat is hate speech???

Ugh... It isn't hate speech if the person can help it it. You can 100% stop being embarrassed by your weight with A) therapy or b) getting off your ass and moving. And the parents of the fat kid should be held responsible for their future insurance burden.

• Members

Billy, please don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure your kid heard correctly/understood the context? I mean, maybe the teacher was talking about hate speech for MLK day, and decided to give a more modern example, with the whole 'fat rights movement' and all that, and he's just misinterpreted that.

All this PC bull{censored} has gone way too far. Can't say this, can't say that. {censored}. I might as well be a mute.

What's wrong with calling someone a Mexican if he is one? Why can't I describe a black guy as being black?

I was fat growing up and I still am. Many people have called me fat but I don't give a {censored} cos' guess what, I am
:lol:

That teacher has a personal agenda and you need to call her out Billy.

It's referring to him as 'the mexican' that matters. As if being Mexican immediately makes him different and recognisable from everyone else in the office. It's placing a stigma on him for being mexican. That's why it's not OK, it's calling someone the Fat Kid. There's more to him than being fat.

• Members

What I think is amazing are younger kids never noticing any differences or at least to the point where it matters. At first they know every person that is in their life by name only... skin color, status, religion, creed, weight... not ever an issue. Their innocence is destroyed by awareness of those differences. PC tolerance {censored} has made our youth even more aware and more prejudicial imo.

Politically Correctness has not done much to unite. It divides and segregates, just comes up with new descriptions for more segregated people.

It's only "Politically" correct because it gives power to individual groups. All the PC {censored} is here to stay for that reason.

this is true

• Members

It's referring to him as 'the mexican' that matters. As if being Mexican immediately makes him different and recognisable from everyone else in the office. It's placing a stigma on him for being mexican. That's why it's not OK, it's calling someone the Fat Kid. There's more to him than being fat.

So you're saying Mexican is a derogatory term? :freak::facepalm:

Reminds me of that episode of the Office...

• Members

The {censored}?!?!?!?!

If he's Mexican, technically he is different from me cos' I'm Asian. Why in the hell would I be such a {censored} as to take offense to anyone calling me 'The Asian Guy'?

How is that placing a stigma on me when I naturally have traits that very obviously distinguish me looks wise from a Caucasian or black?

If say someone were looking for a person who happens to be the only Indian in a room full of Chinese, I'm not gonna say, "Oh he's the one with the nice hair and buff pecs!" I'm gonna {censored}ing state the obvious.

• Members

The {censored}?!?!?!?!

If he's Mexican, technically he is different from me cos' I'm Asian. Why in the hell would I be such a {censored} as to take offense to anyone calling me 'The Asian Guy'?

How is that placing a stigma on me when I naturally have traits that very obviously distinguish me looks wise from a Caucasian or black?

If say someone were looking for a person who happens to be the only Indian in a room full of Chinese, I'm not gonna say, "Oh he's the one with the nice hair and buff pecs!" I'm gonna {censored}ing state the obvious.

From now on we'll refer to you as the idiot because your stance is obviously idiotic. It's not the choice of words, it's the intent behind them.

Have a nice day, idiot.

• Members

The {censored}?!?!?!?!

Ask the guy who was offended, and he'll tell you that's why.

I should have clarified my post by pointing out that it also depends on the race, as certain stereotypes make certain races/nationality 'better'. I'm sure that's what it was. There is a stereotype/stigma associated with Mexicans that is negative to say the least, and I'm sure that's why it's not OK to refer to someone as 'the Mexican.'

Honestly I would have him described similarly, I'm just trying to explain to you where this guy is/was coming from: it's not just because you used the word Mexican, I think it's because of Mexican stereotypes as much as anything.

• Members

I don't know any Mexicans who would be offended by calling them what they are. They probably would be offended though if you tip toed around the word Mexican because you think its stigmatic/derogatory/offensive or whatever. Its an ethnicity. And if "Mexican" becomes a pejorative word, well, the world is really in the toilet. The person who told the poster that he shouldn't use the word mexican is obviously the one who holds negative stereotypes since he is the one who took issue with it. Calling a Mexican Mexican is no more offensive than calling someone with curly hair curly haired.

• Members

From now on we'll refer to you as the idiot because your stance is obviously idiotic. It's not the choice of words, it's the intent behind them.

Have a nice day, idiot.

{censored} off.

Referring to someone by their nationality is not derogatory. If there's not malicious intent then why the {censored} is it wrong?

Do you take offense to being referred to as Canadian?

• Members

I don't know any Mexicans who would be offended by calling them what they are. They probably would be offended though if you tip toed around the word Mexican because you think its stigmatic/derogatory/offensive or whatever. Its an ethnicity. And if "Mexican" becomes a pejorative word, well, the world is really in the toilet. The person who told the poster that he shouldn't use the word mexican is obviously the one who holds negative stereotypes since he is the one who took issue with it. Calling a Mexican Mexican is no more offensive than calling someone with curly hair curly haired.

Some people just don't get it.

Archived