Lost my dog :(

guitarbilly74

• Members

billy,

take some clothes that you have recently worn and put them in a couple of places near where you think he might be. i've actually seen this work. dogs have a great sense of smell. just put them in a couple of places around the neighborhood and drive by every now and check where you put them out. sometimes they will find your scent and go to those clothes and wait there. one of my best friends lost her dog in a huge park and night fell and still no sign. a person from the vet school told her to do this, and sure enough, in the morning, her dog was sitting next to those clothes. it is definitely worth a shot.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

billy,

take some clothes that you have recently worn and put them in a couple of places near where you think he might be. i've actually seen this work. dogs have a great sense of smell. just put them in a couple of places around the neighborhood and drive by every now and check where you put them out. sometimes they will find your scent and go to those clothes and wait there. one of my best friends lost her dog in a huge park and night fell and still no sign. a person from the vet school told her to do this, and sure enough, in the morning, her dog was sitting next to those clothes. it is definitely worth a shot.

Holy {censored}...this an awesome idea.

• Members

billy,

This helped a lot when our first dog was still just a puppy with separation anxiety. we put some of our clothes in the bathroom where he would stay when we were at work and it instantly helped him chill out.

• Members
No, nothing yet
:(

Have faith & don't give up hope dude.
My dog was gone for 75 days.....and we found him.

1. KEEP PUTTING UP FLYERS. (MAJOR LOCAL INTERSECTIONS ARE THE BEST SPOTS)
2. KEEP CHECKING ALL THE LOCAL SHELTERS.......EVERY 3 DAYS.......BE ANNOYING......THEY'LL UNDERSTAND
3. PUT A LOST DOG AD ON YOUR LOCAL CRAIGSLIST.
4. OFFER A REWARD FOR HIS RETURN.

Losing a pet is heart wrenching. It's a REALLY, REALLY bad feeling.
I know how you feel dude, I been there.
LOTS-O-MOJO-SENT !!!!!!!!!

• Members

You have a picture?

The reason I ask is that I saw a dog running around last night on the way home from rehearsal (this was in Vernon so I'm sure it wasn't your dog) but I thought of your dog and then realized if on the one in a billion chance it was yours, I wouldn't know.

Yes I do have pictures at home. I will post them here later.

He's a Shih Tzu so if you saw him running he would probably look like this:

shih-tzu-running-thumb3956951.jpg

that's just a generic picture by the way, not T-Bone, but he looks pretty much like this little guy. I will post a real pic later.

• Members
Yes I do have pictures at home. I will post them here later.

He's a Shih Tzu so if you saw him running he would probably look like this:

shih-tzu-running-thumb3956951.jpg

that's just a generic picture by the way, not T-Bone, but he looks pretty much like this little guy. I will post a real pic later.

The dog I saw was (mostly) all black and about twice that size. Looked like a 3/4 sized German Shepherd.

Archived