Is there anything more annoying than people who complain about the price of gas?

Tommy Horrible

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
For those of you who are only paying a few extra dollars per week or per month and don't think this is so bad, consider yourselves very lucky. I envy you your gas sipping cars, short, consistent commutes, public transportation and parents/spouses who pay for your necessities.

For someone like me who is a contractor I have no choice but to own a truck in order to haul tools, my commute might be 10 miles one day and 50 miles the next and the price to fill my tank has gone from @ $50 to closing in on $100. So paying an extra $20 per month??? Sometimes for me it's an extra $100 or more per
WEEK
. Adds up really fast and that's a lot less for me to spend elsewhere. And let's not even get started on heating costs or the rising cost of EVERYTHING.

Gas and driving, in my part of the country at least, are not luxuries. They are necessities. And these gas prices are KILLING us. When it spiked the last time it started our economic disaster and now it's going to derail whatever recovery hopes we may have.

So damn right I'm going to bitch about it.

sorry, man. sounds like you're caught in the crossfire. :(

Part of the cost of doing business, which sucks for your bottom line. sorry to hear.

• Members

The problem with America is that since the end of WW2 our country was built upon the idea that cheap gasoline would last forever. I don't mean the idea of cheap gasoline would last several hundred years, or several thousand years, or even several billion years. I mean FOREVER.

The problem with Americans is that so many (possibly even most) of them bought into the above idea - hook, line, and sinker.

• Members

I don't think anyone thought it would last forever. That's an asinine statement considering it's a non-renewable resource.

Anyway...The real problem is the government not offering any real alternatives TO gasoline or oil...So auto makers build what is readily available to people. Had the government provided them with an electric grid that would support millions of vehicles, they probably would use electricity powered motors.

So yes, I blame the big wigs who are vested into oil companies...maybe even oil companies themselves.

Other ideas have been presented, but they always mysteriously disappear. :idk:

• Members

I find it funny that complaining about something that is affecting us make us a bitch, while just taking in the ass and not saying a damn thing about it makes us tough. I sure as hell missed that {censored}ing memo.

I think there should be MORE complaining about this {censored}, like people {censored}ing protesting in front of the oil companies, govt and {censored}. I don't really know when did getting screwed and STFU became a sign of being "strong" but hey...

• Members

I find it funny that complaining about something that is affecting us make us a bitch, while just taking in the ass and not saying a damn thing about it makes us tough. I sure as hell missed that {censored}ing memo.

I think there should be MORE complaining about this {censored}, like people {censored}ing protesting in front of the oil companies, govt and {censored}. I don't really know when did getting screwed and STFU became a sign of being "strong" but hey...

It happened when this country became a bunch of pussies. When it was easier to just tuck your tail between your legs and pretend it's not happening.

I respect people who bitch. It's not right. When ExxonMobile starts to feel BAD about the profits they pulled in last quarter, while there is no end in sight for the high price of oil, something isn't right. That means they are selling it WAY above what they are paying for it.

• Members

It happened when this country became a bunch of pussies. When it was easier to just tuck your tail between your legs and pretend it's not happening.

Yeah, no {censored}. Do you know who's the loudest group fighting for their cause in America at the moment? The GAY movement. And they're making progress. Now is it {censored}ed up when gays are less willing to take it in the ass when it comes to their causes than most straight people in this country?

{censored}ing FAIL :facepalm:

• Members
I don't think anyone thought it would last forever. That's an asinine statement considering it's a non-renewable resource.

Anyway...The real problem is the government not offering any real alternatives TO gasoline or oil...So auto makers build what is readily available to people. Had the government provided them with an electric grid that would support millions of vehicles, they probably would use electricity powered motors.

So yes, I blame the big wigs who are vested into oil companies...maybe even oil companies themselves.

Other ideas have been presented, but they always mysteriously disappear.
:idk:

You mean like Jimmy Carter attempted to put together until everybody realized, "oh {censored}, you mean you actually want us to pay for this {censored} instead of passing on our problems to the next generation for them to foot the bill? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Members

STFU {censored}. :cop:

;):lol:

• Members

You mean like Jimmy Carter attempted to put together until everybody realized, "oh {censored}, you mean you actually want us to pay for this {censored} instead of passing on our problems to the next generation for them to foot the bill? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Carter's long term plan for energy independence was fantastic. Unfortunately that was cut short when Reagan was elected. And instead of spending our money on our energy independence, we spent it on bombs, military aircraft, and entire battle fleets of aircraft carriers/destroyers/submarines/etc.

• Members

the price of gas makes our starbucks and chipotle cost more too

How is it you're the only other person on the internet that understands the price of gas impacts more than just filling your gas tank:cop:

• Members

For those of you who are only paying a few extra dollars per week or per month and don't think this is so bad, consider yourselves very lucky. I envy you your gas sipping cars, short, consistent commutes, public transportation and parents/spouses who pay for your necessities.

For someone like me who is a contractor I have no choice but to own a truck in order to haul tools, my commute might be 10 miles one day and 50 miles the next and the price to fill my tank has gone from @ $50 to closing in on $100. So paying an extra $20 per month??? Sometimes for me it's an extra $100 or more per
WEEK
. Adds up really fast and that's a lot less for me to spend elsewhere. And let's not even get started on heating costs or the rising cost of EVERYTHING.

Gas and driving, in my part of the country at least, are not luxuries. They are necessities. And these gas prices are KILLING us. When it spiked the last time it started our economic disaster and now it's going to derail whatever recovery hopes we may have.

So damn right I'm going to bitch about it.

+1

I work in concrete and have to drive a huge van to haul all my tools. Couple that with the fact that i drive anywhere from 20 to 150 miles per day and i pay quite a bit more than a couple extra bucks a month.

Gas is a necessity and shouldnt be allowed to double in price in less than 2 years.

• Members

Yea the price of gas blows...but why do people complain about gas prices?

Some of us have to actually go to work and school and wonder how we are going to be able to afford it. If you are in a position to not complain or worry about gas prices, then more power to you.

I will always have some stupid {censored} that tells me to buy a more fuel effecient car. That's just bull{censored}. You can't save on gas by making car payments. I mean think about it, you buy a new econobox, make a $300+ payment a month and then you still gotta buy gas for it. Not to mention, collision insurance,new car taxes and on and on...Yea- real smart. All my vehicles are old but I'm not making those god awful payments on them just to say I have something new.

Working a job and buying a new car is like "working for a way to work"...very pointless.

Damn good post. This is exactly why its truly hurting so many people. Some people have to play the hand they're dealt. You can't just buy another car or move, etc....

• Members

Carter's long term plan for energy independence was fantastic. Unfortunately that was cut short when Reagan was elected. And instead of spending our money on our energy independence, we spent it on bombs, military aircraft, and entire battle fleets of aircraft carriers/destroyers/submarines/etc.

man, I'm surprised the government hasn't hired you yet. I mean, you solve all of their problems without ever leaving Harmony Central. Obama is looking for people like you, that really tell it like it is.

Archived