Have people always been this picky?

'63-Strat

• Members

Seems like almost everyone has some special food requirement these days, just kinda gets old. One of my exes I lived with was a vegan, current one won't do cheese or any dairy really, and isn't lactose intolerant, just doesn't like it. One of my drummer's kyptonite is tomatoes, and while I've gotten him to eat some vegetables he's not a fan, lol. I like spicy food but know better than making *spicy* stuff for others unless they specifically ask for it, but a *tiny* bit of heat and people bitch? lol. There's really nothing I flat out wouldn't at least try, honestly. I've eaten some pretty nasty stuff abroad as a result :lol:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: There are certain things I wont go near...like brains and hearts and {censored} like that, but all the stuff you have listed sounds pretty standard...

Also...people arent supposed to eat dairy products. Think about it. Its just {censored}ing weird...that {censored} is made for baby cows....thats like feeding adult cows human breast milk.

I still eat it, though lol.

• Members

its how people are raised. if theyre exposed to a good variety of foods and explained the

importance they typically dont turn out like that. most problems come back to this issue.

(not food, parenting
:p
)

I agree with this to an extent. I think nowadays kids are fed fastfood like crazy, and that develops into bad eating habits, however, I have a couple of friends that were always fed well, but still dont like certain things. A buddy of mine wont eat vegetables...never has, never will...

• Members

its how people are raised. if theyre exposed to a good variety of foods and explained the

importance they typically dont turn out like that. most problems come back to this issue. (not food, parenting
:p
)

Yeah, in my drummer's case that's definitely part of it. He wouldn't eat anything but peanut butter sandwiches as a kid, apparently. His Mom should've slapped him around a lot more, lol.

• Members

I hate {censored} like that. IMHO, if you don't like what I have in the fridge, don't eat or buy your own {censored}ing food. The only person I am obligated to feed is my son and he's not a little bitch.

:lol:

• Members

I almost feel like this is expected these days i.e. being met with confusion on more than one occasion when asked what I want on a pizza someone is ordering with "i'm cool with whatever". What you mean like.....pepperoni or......? Sure! Or mushrooms and olives, or BBQ chicken and bell peppers, or Sausage and artichoke hearts...ITS ALL DELICIOUS, I DON'T CARE! :lol:

• Members

I've wondered the same thing, mang.

I won't go out to eat with certain people because they're annoying to be with when they're ordering. The sheer level of detail that goes in to their order almost always triggers some minute error with their order which gets sent back and....

coke with no ice really drives me nuts.

burger with 1/2 lettuce.

people that don't eat veggies, but insist on ordering something that normally comes with a ton of veggies.

ack.

• Members

I almost feel like this is expected these days i.e. being met with confusion on more than one occasion when asked what I want on a pizza someone is ordering with "i'm cool with whatever". What you mean like.....pepperoni or......? Sure! Or mushrooms and olives, or BBQ chicken and bell peppers, or Sausage and artichoke hearts...ITS ALL DELICIOUS, I DON'T CARE!

Yep, even anchovies, I haven't met a pizza I didn't like.

• Members

I won't go out to eat with certain people because they're annoying to be with when they're ordering. The sheer level of detail that goes in to their order almost always triggers some minute error with their order which gets sent back and....

burger with 1/2 lettuce.

people that don't eat veggies, but insist on ordering something that normally comes with a ton of veggies.

ack.

Exactly, because inevitably you end up having them send something back, order something else and then everyone gets to sit around waiting for this jerk to finish their meal way after everyone else, etc.

• Members

burger with 1/2 lettuce.

ack.

ROFL.

My keyboard player is like that. We went to alehouse once, and he got a salad, but he also wanted the meat from this particular sandwich put on top of the salad, but it had to be on there a certain way that was different from the sandwich cuz he didnt wanna pay for the sandwich and the salad. Then he wanted a side of each of their dressings...which, with 5 of us at a tiny booth at ale house meant that eventually justin some how hit the plate with all the dressings on it, and dressing went flying EVERYWHERE. It was a very interesting night haha. Also, I was the smallest guy in the band at the time at 230 haha.

• Members

I almost feel like this is expected these days i.e. being met with confusion on more than one occasion when asked what I want on a pizza someone is ordering with "i'm cool with whatever". What you mean like.....pepperoni or......? Sure! Or mushrooms and olives, or BBQ chicken and bell peppers, or Sausage and artichoke hearts...ITS ALL DELICIOUS, I DON'T CARE!

My buddy and I were gonna order pizza over the weekend...Here is the convo..

Me..Hey man you want pizza? You order it and Ill pick it up!

Him...Sure what do you want on it?

Me..Idc.

Him. Bull{censored} what do you want on it.

Me: It's {censored}ing pizza dude.

Him. ????????

• Members

Sending something back at a restaurant is even worse. I hope you like spit better than lettuce because that's what they are going to replace the lettuce with.

yeah, bro!! sending a burger back because it came with lettuce on it??

Puh-lease you unhealthy heathen!! just pull the gotdang leaf of lettuce off and proceed to nomming it down. {censored}.

• Members

yeah, bro!! sending a burger back because it came with lettuce on it??

Puh-lease you unhealthy heathen!! just pull the gotdang leaf of lettuce off and proceed to nomming it down. {censored}.

But it touched the bun! There is lettuce juice on there! :facepalm::mad:

• Members

I'm picky ass eater, but I'm trying to fix it. A lot of foods make me gag right off the bat, and I've thrown up on numerous occasions trying to fix my bad eating habits.
:(

Thats different, though. There are some things I dont eat because they make me gag. Why the {censored} would I be willing to try to eat that {censored} when Im gagging and puking. {censored}. THAT.

• Members

But it touched the bun! There is lettuce juice on there!
:facepalm::mad:

I always feel bad for the servers that have to come out and deal with this {censored}.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence with the people I've personally experienced, but they are always the worst tippers. Or the bill comes and they expect the server to split it 10 ways. I've picked up a couple huge checks lately because people in my group were getting bitchy about things and saw the server getting the shaft coming from a mile away. People in my group were just nitpicking stupid {censored}, and I've seen them leave crappy tips in the past. It was easier to just pay for everyone, tip appropriatly for having to deal with a bunch of overgrown kids and take it as a lesson to never go to dinner with those losers again.

I'm extra cynical about this stuff at the moment :mad:

• Members

I always feel bad for the servers that have to come out and deal with this {censored}.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence with the people I've personally experienced, but they are always the worst tippers. Or the bill comes and they expect the server to split it 10 ways. I've picked up a couple huge checks lately because people in my group were getting bitchy about things and saw the server getting the shaft coming from a mile away. People in my group were just nitpicking stupid {censored}, and I've seen them leave crappy tips in the past. It was easier to just pay for everyone, tip appropriatly for having to deal with a bunch of overgrown kids and take it as a lesson to never go to dinner with those losers again.

I'm extra cynical about this stuff at the moment
:mad:

I hate that kinda {censored}, but I like to have them split it anywayz. Ill note the total bill, and tip based off of that if I know my friends are gonna be douchebags, but I refuse to pay for a meal for some one thats gonna act like that. Plus, I couldnt afford that kinda thing anyway lol. Luckily, those people dont make it into my small circle of close friends.

• Members

I'm extra cynical about this stuff at the moment
:mad:

Yeah, that {censored} is just pathetic. If you can't afford to tip appropriately for good service, you can't afford to have gone out for dinner in the first place, which is fine, don't go then :idea: Or the classic of someone drinking 3 drinks to everyone else's 1 and ordering the most expensive entree and shockingly wanting to split things equally to the dime. I don't care if it ends up that I pay slightly more than I should've but be a functioning adult and throw down another $20 or something if you know damn well you're screwing your friends over.

• Members

Picky eaters annoy me as well. I used to date a girl who's sister was extremely picky. It would limit us and the family on so many food options at home and at restaurants. They ALWAYS catered to her pickiness. {censored} really pissed me off.

• Members

That is the one thing that bugs me about my wife. I told her, her finicky eating habits are the only thing that will ruin our relationship.

2 times a day, I dread the words "Where/what do you want to eat". I dread them. Fkn precious princess eaters ftl.

Le girlfriend: I can't stop here and eat...people will be looking at me.

She isnt {censored}IGN KEANNU REEVES EATING A SANDWICH ON A PARK BENCH GOD DAMN IT!!! EAT THE SANDWHICH!!!!! YOU LIKE THEM!!! YOU TOLD ME!!!!! YOU FUCHOPSHIPC TOLD ME!!!!!! YOU DONT FEEL LIKE ONE????? YOU FEEL LIKE INDIAN?!!?!?!?! ITS 20 MILES AWAY!!!!!! YOU FEEL LIKE SOMETHIGN I CANT GET YOU???? WHY SAY IT???

EAT IT!!!!

{censored}ING EAIT IT!!!!!!

le girlfriend: what do you want?

WHY ASK ME!!!! YOU WONT {censored}ING GO THERE!!!! YOU DONT LIKE MY FOOD!!! THE FOOD I LIKE THAT YOU LIKE>>>>>>YOU WONT BE IN THE MODD FOR

• Members

Definitely. The vagination of America, for sure. We ate every damn thing on our plate growing up and were told to be thankful to even have enough to eat. I blame my girlish figure on that upbringing. :lol:

Archived