Seen the new Desolation Charvels?

Dave L

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored}ing awful.
:(
The fret access is disgusting on all of these as well, what's the point of 23 and 24?

This. HUGE design :facepalm: for using a PRS style lower horn cut but then joining it at the {censored}in' 17th/20th fret on a 24 fret guitar.

prs-sc245-black-cherry-04.jpg

• Members

They wanted to keep the same overall length as LPs. To do that they had to join the neck at lower frets and put the bridge really far back on the body, which looks decent on the DC, but on the single cut it looks terrible. Too much going on in a small area.

That and they're all rosewood. :mad:

• Members

Chud Kruger's next sig model: Electric dreadnaught 22-fretter. No access past the 5th position. 17 frets worth of wasted wood, because that's how he rolls.

Comes with an Affliction shirt instead of a gigbag from what I've heard.

• Members

If this place was any older, it would be fossilized! You whine-baby haters make John McCain seem like his face isn't sliding off and that he is a teenager! GOD!

As guitarist, especially if we're lead guitarists, our axes are supposed to be eye catching and draw as much attention as our masterful technique and melodic passages. C'mom, you wanna look like you're a fill-in for the second guitarist in a Ramones coverband?

Derek

• Members
Ugh. Totally the opposite direction they needed to go. Even MY Charvel thinks that's gaudy. Charvels are sexy because they are simple and understated...all the cost goes to the build quality of the guitar. That's just...not a Charvel to me.

Agreed, they should've dropped binding altogether, and put 22 frets on it. The FR is cool, but 24 frets and abalone... :(

• Members

This is the same mindset that lead to every cable station being non stop reality bull{censored}. Just stick to what you're known for and quit trying to appeal to everyone, while making homogenized crap in the process.

• Members

Cheap and entry level versions?

DNW.

Please don't turn into corporate bull{censored}, Charvel. What happened to making simple, excellent looking and sounding guitars. Made for players? They were a somewhat expensive, but extremely fair price for the quality.

I don't want Charvel to turn into Shecter/Ibanez/Dean.

• Members

Man when are these guitar companies going to stop making their guitars so damn gaudy?

When people stop buying them.

I've considered working at Guitar Center just to start and spread the fact that abalone causes impotence and prostate cancer.

Archived