Stupid Deal of the Day: Gibson RD for $699

MattACaster

• Members

:lol:
, just a lil bit o' trollin by me.

Anywhere near Joisey? If so, I'll buy you a drink, and you can teach me how to "duncan".

Sadly no. I'm staying north of the border this trip. Hitting up Halifax and most of Nova Scotia, then hitting up P.E.I.

• Members

Wow that thing is hideous. I don't care how well it plays or sounds that thing's so ugly it could back the buzzards off a meat wagon.

+1

DNW! In addition to being ugly, if it is even remotely close in quality as other Gibson $600 guitars I have played, it will closely resemble a log, with bark still intact, and some strings on it.

• Members

+1

DNW! In addition to being ugly, if it is even remotely close in quality as other Gibson $600 guitars I have played, it will closely resemble a log, with bark still intact, and some strings on it.

It was originally $1500 when it came out. My Silverburst is probably the most well put together Gibson I've ever played. Hopefully the quality on this one is close.

• Members

+1

I think the RD is the same series as the Flying V and Explorer - they're usually $1K+ instruments.

• Members

It was originally $1500 when it came out. My Silverburst is probably the most well put together Gibson I've ever played. Hopefully the quality on this one is close.

every melody maker has to an initial setup upon purchase, which includes cutting the leaves and branches off of it.

• Members

in that case, it could be good. still, had an sg classic that was {censored}. neck had dents in it from the factory (painted over) and the good ole ski jump @ 15th fret.

• Members

in that case, it could be good. still, had an sg classic that was {censored}. neck had dents in it from the factory (painted over) and the good ole ski jump @ 15th fret.

Other than the pickups, the specs look to be identical to the Silverburst version. But the Silverburst was part of the whole Guitar of the Week thing so I'm not sure if that means anything special.

• Members

I spent all morning justifying this amber RD, and when I finally get the balls to throw it on the credit card - SOLD OUT! grrrrrr :mad:

I have the Silverburst and the dirty finger pups aren't quite for me. I would have loved the more subdued color of the amber with the burstbuckers. He who hesitates is last.

• Members

I spent all morning justifying this amber RD, and when I finally get the balls to throw it on the credit card - SOLD OUT! grrrrrr
:mad:

I have the Silverburst and the dirty finger pups aren't quite for me. I would have loved the more subdued color of the amber with the burstbuckers. He who hesitates is last.

Man, if they had a silverburst at that price... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

• Members

I spent all morning justifying this amber RD, and when I finally get the balls to throw it on the credit card - SOLD OUT! grrrrrr
:mad:

Funny you mention the pickups, since I think I'm going to take the Dirty Fingers out of mine. Not sure what I want to replace them with yet, though...

Archived