Dubstep... I get it now.

Casey

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't have nearly the interest to listen to the whole thing, but the section around 1:00-1:40 just sounds like some slow hard rock/metal with different instruments in place of distorted guitars and screaming vocals. If the rest of the track sounds like that, then it sounds good to me... :rawk:

Okay, so I listened to some more - they're just exploiting the stupidly limited capabilities of typical club sounds reinforcement. In all fairness, the last time I saw Dream Theater, it was basically kick drum and vocals. If you accidentally heard some midrange instruments, it was purely accidental.

Okay, 2:25 is a little noisecore, but can you really differentiate between this and Ministry? I'd wear earplugs, but I do that at metal shows.

Seriously, take out the deliberate sustained noise bursts and I'd rock out hard to this stuff!

• Members
The fact that you can sing or type that and people know its supposed to be dubstep is proof of the stagnation inherent in the genre. IT LITERALLY ALL SOUNDS THE SAME!!!!

I dunno, some of it certainly is same-ol'-{censored}. I'm not at all a follower of this kind of thing, but I've heard a few things here and there that I've actually been impressed with. And this is after my first listenings of dubstep where I was just, "WTF is this bull{censored}? :freak:" I've since clicked on a few things people have posted here or elsewhere (don't ask me for links, I've got no idea), expecting a combo response of :lol:/:freak: and actually ended up rather enjoying it. :idk:

Our drummer played some dubstep for us the other week at rehearsal though and I pretty much wanted to punch him in the face. :o

• Members

Irony: A bunch of metalheads posting about how another genre of music has stagnated and "all sounds the same"

Wubwubwubwubwubwubwuwb chuggah chuggah WEE chuggah chuggah chuggah WEE WEE.

I think i'm on to something here.....

Archived