Bump on the Bottom of My Beer Can

afxwinter

• Members

I just bought a bunch of booze and beers and one of the cans of beer ended up with a large bump on the bottom by the time I got home. I assume because it got shaken up so bad that the bottom expanded. What do you think, still drinkable? I thought I remembered being told once that you should toss ANY canned goods that have bumps or dents. :idk:

• Members

thought I remembered being told once that you should toss ANY canned goods that have bumps or dents.

Never heard of that and I think they pretty much referred to stuff like canned food with that. I've drank plenty of beer from cans that had bumbs and dents. As long as they haven't been burst open the beer will be just fine. The only difference is that it may effervesce more (I always wanted use that word). :lol:

• Members

It's fine.

The only time you should be concerned about canned goods is when they've swollen (as described above)...or if the dent crosses a seam.

Denting the seam can let air and contaminates into the canned goods...it may not be wide enough to leak, but you can still get spoilage.

Cans of beer don't have seams at the bottom. And it's pretty easy to tell if beers bad.

Don't be a {censored}. Drink up!

Right after a quick shot of whisky.

• Members

Seriously? You are aware that keg is also a large can, right? Some of the best beers come in cans...Young's Double Chocolate Stout, Murphy's, Guinness, etc.

I'm aware of that. I'm merely referring to the unpleasant metallic taste that occurs when actually drinking the beer straight from said can. :o

Archived