Who owns or has owned the Mesa Stiletto amps?

EricJohn

• Members

I've had an Ace for a couple years. It's my main amp, and I gig with it. Generally, most of my knobs are set right around noon, with a small variance either way depending on the knob. I get compliments on my tone quite a bit. Some people say they are too bright, but I find it cuts through the mix extremely well.

• Members

Ive played one in a store, a long time ago, and Ive played rectos in stores many times. I was able to dial in a sweet ass tone from the one stilleto that I played that one time. I havent been able to dial in a sweet ass tone from the 10 or so rectos Ive played. I didnt find the stilleto hard to dial.

• Members

I owned a Stage I Deuce, and it's easily in my top 3-4 amps I've ever owned, (and the list is well over 25+ amps).

I absolutely LOVED it. I just happened to get it for $899 new in a closeout deal, when Mesa reduced them to release the Stage II. But, it blew up after a week, and Guitar Center dicked me around trying to fix it under warranty, and wouldn't give me another, so I made them give me a refund.. I was truly bummed. I boosted it with a Wylde OD, and ran through a G-Flex cab, and it KILLED. I'd take another in a heartbeat!

They kick all sorts of ass, IMO.

• Members

Its bright amp alright. I could get some old school modded Marshall tones all by itself. I think it needs a touch more bass. I wasnt very impressed with the cleans. Kind of boring or bland. Still fun to play Kill em all/Ride the lightning or EVH stuff on.

• Members
Its bright amp alright. I could get some old school modded Marshall tones all by itself. I think it needs a touch more bass. I wasnt very impressed with the cleans. Kind of boring or bland. Still fun to play Kill em all/Ride the lightning or EVH stuff on.

I'm all about the EVH stuff right now :)

• Members

I owned an Ace head for several years. Finally sold it because I wasn't playing it enough to justify keeping it and I need the cash. IMO it was a killer amp. Great cleans and great "Marshally" overdrive tones. From the edge of breakup all the way to extreme gain. And so much easier to dial in than the DR I used to own. IMo everything I wanted my Dual Recto to be. Really do miss it.

• Members

281666_1811268331986_1548344037_31414473

Love mine. I find the clean to be a bit bland and round on it's own, but the crunch mode set to breakup with some delay is an AWESOME dirty clean tone. I run the lead channel on tite gain or fluid drive depending on the type of music I'm playing and I boost it to tighten it up just a tad. Controls more or less on noon except for the mids which I crank because I'm an asshole. Cuts better than every other amp I've owned except for maybe the Mark V.

Archived