New Car Day!!!!

MattACaster

• Members

The Mustang wasn't cutting it for gear transportation purposes anymore. Plus, once it hit 75k miles it kind of started falling apart. So started car shopping this week and found this...

BEHOLD!

2010 Mazdaspeed 3

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

I for see getting in some real trouble with this car. Plus... I have to learn stick. :lol:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good luck in the winter
:lol:

Its one of the main reasons I had a wrx over an ms3. A lot of value for the price though.

Oh, and should have gotten black to hide the smile
:cop:

WRX is AWD, isn't it? I've never had a AWD are so I think I'll be ok. I was pretty good with the Mustang in the winter. I can't imagine the Speed3 being worse..

I looked at a Speed6 too which is AWD but there is a roll bar blocking part of the truck. No way a 4x12 is fitting in there.

I love the smile!!!

• Members

WRX is AWD, isn't it? I've never had a AWD are so I think I'll be ok. I was pretty good with the Mustang in the winter. I can't imagine the Speed3 being worse..

I looked at a Speed6 too which is AWD but there is a roll bar blocking part of the truck. No way a 4x12 is fitting in there.

Yea, all subarus are AWD.

Make sure you get winter tires, probably on separate rims. Those performance tires the ms3 comes with WILL cause an accident when it gets nice and cold.

But yea, you'll manage in the winter but want to be careful. You'll definitely want winter tires.

• Members

Yea, all subarus are AWD.

Make sure you get winter tires, probably on separate rims. Those performance tires the ms3 comes with WILL cause an accident when it gets nice and cold.

But yea, you'll manage in the winter but want to be careful. You'll definitely want winter tires.

Good advice! I didn't even think of that. I'll look into it!

• Members

i had typed up the same exact post but deleted it. i always make fun of people i know in real life who cant drive a stick... is it really that hard??

I'm having trouble getting getting into 1st. Haven't quite figured it out yet. Reverse is a little shaky too. I took the car out from about 9pm until about midnight last night just practicing. Could reverse to save my life. Did it for the first time successfully today.

Other than that, I think I got it figured out.

• Members

I'm having trouble getting getting into 1st. Haven't quite figured it out yet. Reverse is a little shaky too. I took the car out from about 9pm until about midnight last night just practicing. Could reverse to save my life. Did it for the first time successfully today.

Other than that, I think I got it figured out.

Just keep going out and practicing. Make sure to practice uphill starting and stopping too, that can be a bitch and stressful as {censored} if you haven't practiced it and need to do it.

• Members

its all good man, sweet car btw, i am just messing with you.

my car has to be pretty much completely stopped to get into first, lots of times i will just keep it rolling and start from 2nd.

try to downshift when slowing down whenever possible too, really saves the brakes.

• Members

its all good man, sweet car btw, i am just messing with you.

my car has to be pretty much completely stopped to get into first, lots of times i will just keep it rolling and start from 2nd.

try to downshift when slowing down whenever possible too, really saves the brakes.

I got the start and coming out of turn in second down pretty well. Not super smooth yet but I haven't killed it. It's the coming out of stop lights and places where I have to full stop. Been doing some reading and I think I'm revving it too high too. I also feel like I need to anchor my cluth foot going into first gear. But I don't when switching through the rest of them. I think that is screwing up the smoothness of my clutch play.

• Members

Good luck in the winter
:lol:

Its one of the main reasons I had a wrx over an ms3. A lot of value for the price though.

Oh, and should have gotten black to hide the smile
:cop:

Hate the new Mazda smile. And the Mazda interior ricer design. Literally looks like a kid high on Japanime titties designed it.

But that car is probably the best value for sport engine and handling for the price out there.

• Members

Hate the new Mazda smile. And the Mazda interior ricer design. Literally looks like a kid high on Japanime titties designed it.

But that car is probably the best value for sport engine and handling for the price out there.

Pretty much sums it up. Loaded with every option puts you at base wrx territory.

• Members

Nice car for gear for sure. I hate little cars and stick shifts though. I grew up driving stick and still, nothing bugs me more than a gutless car with a stick at a stop sign going up hill. Now I had a mustang cobra, and it had enough torque and power that starts weren't a problem. Trucks don't bother me either, it's just little economy cars with 4 cylinders.

Archived