LOL: Emperor cabs calling out a non-paying customer on Facebook

Cougar Hunter

• Members

Anyone know how custom they're willing to go? I'd like an oversized 4x12 with a straight cab design but with a 1 piece slanted baffle. Also would like it to have a divider between the top and bottom speakers and seperate backs for each so I can run the top 2 speakers as partially open and the bottom 2 as closed.

Paul when you gonna go man? We should hit it up together.

http://emperortone.com/cabs/guitar-cabs

looks like they go pretty custom.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

their customer base is generally dirty metal heads with acne using allowance money to get gear.

Exactly the kind of people I'd expect to be sketchy. :cop:

I don't see anything wrong at all with a business waiting for transactions to clear before shipping goods. I have no qualms about them calling out the dude and I don't care about political correctness, but this just seems like a situation that could have easily been avoided.

But I'm waiting on Dr. Picklebottom to enlighten me on option C of how the cab got shipped out. It's apparently glaringly obvious, so he should have no problem with explaining it.

• Members

from what i gather, check bounced, and the dude was going to send his mom in with cash.

never happened.

i fully support what they are doing as do a lot of people, they are about to sell a {censored} ton more cabs because of it while you guys get butthurt over something that doesn't involve you in the slightest.

• Members

from what i gather, check bounced, and the dude was going to send his mom in with cash.

never happened.

i fully support what they are doing as do a lot of people, they are about to sell a {censored} ton more cabs because of it while you guys get butthurt over something that doesn't involve you in the slightest.

If a meeting was arranged and the dude didn't follow up on it, then I'd be pissed too. It's just that the wording of their status update implies that for some reason they just shipped it out instead of even allowing the meeting to take place.

If they sell more cabs from this, good for them. I just think it's business common sense to wait for payments to clear, so hopefully they'll do that in the future. Actually, maybe they won't need to, since these chances to call out shady customers are actually functioning pretty well as PR boosters. :cop:

I have no beef with the company or with calling mofos out. I'm just genuinely surprised any company would operate so strongly on good faith like that and not expect stuff like this to happen sometimes.

• Members

i agree with your naiive accessment. that to me is commendable, to a degree. being willing to have faith in a stranger is pretty cool in a world of {censored}ty black and white, '{censored} you, pay me' mentalities.

was this whole thing preventable, of course. was their reaction juvenile and pointless? yes. will i continue to ask myself questions and then immediately answer them? no.

Exactly the kind of people I'd expect to be sketchy.
:cop:

I don't see anything wrong at all with a business waiting for transactions to clear before shipping goods. I have no qualms about them calling out the dude and I don't care about political correctness, but this just seems like a situation that could have easily been avoided.

But I'm waiting on Dr. Picklebottom to enlighten me on option C of how the cab got shipped out. It's apparently glaringly obvious, so he should have no problem with explaining it.

• Members

taking a risk in order to help a kid realize his dreams is commendable, no matter what happens after shipping.

If they're willing to accept a potential loss (after all, that's what you do when you knowingly take a risk), then it's commendable. If they seriously expected this occurrence to not be a realistic possiblity, then it's stupid. If the risk is not an acceptable one to take, then use common sense and safeguards.

• Members

i agree with your naiive accessment. that to me
is
commendable, to a degree. being willing to have faith in a stranger is pretty cool in a world of {censored}ty black and white, '{censored} you, pay me' mentalities.

was this whole thing preventable, of course. was their reaction juvenile and pointless? yes. will i continue to ask myself questions and then immediately answer them? no.

I agree that it's a cool mindset to have, but it's just silly and impractical, unfortunately.

• Members

{censored}ing hell, people. The amount of stick-up-the-assery and "how dare they" PC horse{censored} in this thread is enough to make you choke.

The fact of the matter is that Emperor bent over backwards in even accepting a personal check as well as shipping the cab before it cleared. Clear signs that they're #1 priority is meeting their customer's needs. That combined with the fact that they make an exceptional product...it's a no-brainer.

Get your heads out of your asses. Half the "I'd never do business with them NOW" crowd in here never would have ordered one of their cabs anyway. Cut the {censored}.

• Members

{censored}ing hell, people. The amount of stick-up-the-assery and "how dare they" PC horse{censored} in this thread is enough to make you choke.

The fact of the matter is that Emperor bent over backwards in even accepting a personal check as well as shipping the cab before it cleared. Clear signs that they're #1 priority is meeting their customer's needs. That combined with the fact that they make an exceptional product...it's a no-brainer.

Get your heads out of your asses. Half the "I'd never do business with them NOW" crowd in here never would have ordered one of their cabs anyway. Cut the {censored}.

I'd gladly do business with them. :love:

All I'm sayin' is for their own sake, they need better safeguards, mang. They're good-hearted, but unfortunately, that can be exploited.

• Members

I understand having the opinion you guys do if this were a different kind of business.

If these guys were selling raw industrial goods or paper products or something like that I'd agree with that opinion.

But these guys are making tools to make music. For that kind of thing i'd prefer the dgaf rocker attitude over some snotty businessman type that gives more {censored}s about bottom line than making a high quality product.

• Members

Paul when you gonna go man? We should hit it up together.

I've been meaning to go for a while. My weekends are pretty busy lately but id like to make it there by the end of the year, at the absolute latest. I'm definitely down to go. You can bring your amp and guitar and try stuff out. They can't be too far from you either!

I'd love to go some weekend.

• Members

I'd gladly do business with them.
:love:

All I'm sayin' is for their own sake, they need better safeguards, mang. They're good-hearted, but unfortunately, that can be exploited.

No doubt. They're definitely a small company though and some concessions make sense. Accepting personal checks is unique and a great customer service, but it IS riskier.

• Members

You say they bent over backwards, I say they bent over forwards and are acting surprised at what happened when they did.

Just as a thought experiment for everyone here: what would we be saying if a HCAF member started a thread here saying "I sold a cab to a guy, I shipped it without waiting for the check to clear, it bounced, I can't reach the guy, what do I do now?"

We'd be unanimously calling the guy an idiot.

This wouldn't stop me from doing business with Emperor if I were otherwise inclined to do so, but it makes them look dumb.

• Members

A company actually posted this on their Facebook? Wow. What a bunch of morons. I wouldn't do business with them after seeing this.

I agree. It's one thing to pursue action against a non-paying customer, it's completely another to post threats on the internet under your company name.

• Members

it's a small, private llc. no one gives a {censored} and it won't lose them anything because all the people who are putting them down wouldn't give them business in the first place.

If anything, it will help their business, because this kind of antics will impress people with a certain mindset. It's probably raising their visibility in the musician community already.

Archived