LOL: Emperor cabs calling out a non-paying customer on Facebook

Cougar Hunter

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've dealt with Emperor several times. Awesome guys making some of the best cabs available today, hands down, with insanely fair prices to boot. The FB deal may not be "professional" but I tend to think they don't give a {censored} when dealing with thievery and most current and potential customers will agree, regardless of the execution or grammar involved.

I've also had the pleasure of visiting the Emperor facility on more than one occasion. Business is booming with zero advertising or dealers, keepin' that {censored} in-house so no real concerns on how it will affect business. They'll be fine.

These guys will sit around, have a beer, shoot the {censored}, let you test drive their cabs and proto amps. Seriously, some of the best dealings I've had with any gear company, EVER. Headed to Chicago again in a few weeks to pick up my latest cab and headshell, excited to say the least.

headshell, you say....:idea:

• Members

Not in Columbus. Pretty much all the real "Hardcore" bands cant even get a scene because their shows always break out in fights and none of the clubs will even have them.

I'm sorry to hear that, it was like that here several years ago and as a result we did lose several venues. But that stuff has since blown over, almost to the point of becoming stagnant so we prefer to play in other cities, more action/better shows. Violence in hardcore is {censored}ing dumb though.

• Members

No, but I like to deal with companies that remain professional under all circumstances. It shows me that they have their {censored} together and understand how to run a business. The fact that they would post something like this on Facebook not only speaks volumes about their business ethic, but it also makes me wonder who is in control over there...a 15 year old perhaps?

Yeah I prefer the big companies that {censored} me with a smile better. :thu:

• Members

How stupid can they be for accepting a personal check as payment? AND sending the cab out before it clears? Sounds like bad business practice to me. I would totally still buy one of their cabs though.

They're a small co that I'm sure relies on heavy repeat business. The dude was probably "hey man i need this thing asap, i'm sending you a check from my dad's account and should be good, etc.." It's not really as much of a stretch as is being made out here... :o

I'm not saying it was 100% the way to go, but it was payment from his parents, apparently.

• Members

Is it really a
debt
when the check bounces and the guy sells the cab and hides?

sounds more like a combination of fraud and theft.
:confused:

It is. If you buy something and can't pay for it, you have a debt. Whether it's paid with credit card, check etc, is irrelevant. If he wants to prosecute that person for writing a bad check, they can do that. But none of this justifies this kind of behavior from a company.

Their cabs are really good, but this is just bad business practices.

• Members

So the check bounced, the dude apparently did try to make arrangements to come by and pick up the cab (and bring payment, maybe?), yet Emperor shipped it out anyway to save dudebro's mom the pain of having to make the trip?

That doesn't add up at all. Something's missing from the story.

• Members

It is. If you buy something and can't pay for it, you have a debt. Whether it's paid with credit card, check etc, is irrelevant. If he wants to prosecute that person for writing a bad check, they can do that. But none of this justifies this kind of behavior from a company.

Their cabs are really good, but this is just bad business practices.

HE can't prosecute anyone unless he happens to be the D.A. in the area. Just clarifying. But, I agree with you 100%. I'm skeptical of dealing with a company that would air out their drama on a social media forum. There are professional ways to deal with it.

• Members

So the check bounced, the dude apparently did try to make arrangements to come by and pick up the cab (and bring payment, maybe?), yet Emperor shipped it out anyway to save dudebro's mom the pain of having to make the trip?

That doesn't add up at all. Something's missing from the story.

For real. There is something seriously wrong with this equation. Also, who would want to represent their company this way?

• Members

Yep. Nick from Dumwich Amps is building me a custom Metropolitan and Emperor is making the shell to match my current cabs. They hooked it up on price, Oversize 2x12 with Weber 75W Silver Bells + headshell for less $$ than most readily available 2x12s alone.

That's gonna be such an awesome rig. Color me jealous.

Archived