** Official HCAF Skyrim Thread **

FastRedPonyCar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally found and got into the thieves guild. You get some nice {censored} for a low level player.

You HAVE to do the side {censored} first (thieve's guild/dark brotherhood/etc) because of the sick-ass gear you can get relatively early.

• Members

This game is beating my ass. I get my ass pounded by a "Bandit Thug", and now I run outside of the place and a {censored}ing dragon lands on top of me and penetrates my asshole with his face and starts breathing fire up my poop chute.

GOD DAMN

• Members
Finally played a bit on PS3. This game is a {censored}load of pure win
:love:

Combat feels fantastic, and the perk system is perfection. I'm playing an Orc warrior that just beats the piss out of everything and uses some healing magic in between murders. Clubbing a bitch with a mace is so damned satisfying
:rawk:

My main gripe is the shadow system. I really wish I could turn off dynamic shadows; it completely ruins the immersion sometimes. Also, the snow texturing is just plain bad
:lol:
I saw the wooden floor that FRPC posted, and it made sense that it was supposed to be a wooden floor covered in snow .... .... but the execution just isn't there.

But as soon I'm done cringing at a graphical mishap, I completely forget that it ever happened, just because this game is that damned great. I've played the {censored} out of Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion, and this game has the potential to mop the floor with all of them. Keyword: Potential. Can't wait to dig in some more

I'm pretty much a gaming n00b, but my 13.yo son is, well like a lot of his generation, a gaming nerd. Anyway, I rented the game for him and yeah, I'm seeing a lot of graphics glitches. I guess its just the deal with the ps3 version?

• Members

I've got 23 hours of play time logged on steam and my guy is at I think level 16 and an absolute murdering machine.

If you guys think that the bandits or snow trolls are hard to kill, just wait until you have to fight the floating undead wizards. They're very rare and I think are boss characters because they give you an incredible mask/helmet. I've dropped 2 of the bastards so far. One of the masks gives the "archery, lockpick and some other skill" is 20% better and the other I just got has a 100% magica regen bonus.

So with that magica regen mask and my adept destruction tunic (which also has a 100% magic regen boost and 12% reduction of destruction magic cost) and a 20% magic regen amulet, I'm unleashing a fiery hell storm on pretty much anyone that gets in my way.

The exploding fireball and chain lightning are devastating and my magic is recharging so fast, I can almost spam them. :lol:

if things get up close and personal, I have a fire enchanted orcish mace, a dwarven war axe that gives me health with each strike, gauntlets that add 15% bonus to one handed attack and a ring that gives another 5 or 10% bonus to one handed weapons.

the best thing about all of this is that I have yet to even bother going to see the whiterun jarl so my world has stayed dragon free. Once I finish the mages school/guild quest line (which is absolutely unbelieveably awesome) I'll go pay him a visit and start kicking some dragon asses. I've got like 7 or 8 dragon shouts waiting to start using.

• Members

Installed today, logged 3 hours so far. LOVE it...I actually just got done talking to Jarl at Whiterun...after reading FRPC's post though, I'm wondering if I should go back a save point and do some side quests/leveling before I go further.

Either way, I love it. I could sink so much damn time into this game, and I have to force myself to stop playing, or I won't stop for 6-8 hours :lol:

Archived