** Official HCAF Skyrim Thread **

FastRedPonyCar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
so.. new goal, become a werewolf
:o

I left the room at that point and put the quest on hold. I don't know what negative repercussions there will be or if the lycantropy is even controllable or if you automatically change at night or what. That could be bad if you can't control it (kinda like how vampirism in oblivion was more of a headache (no day time exploring and HAVING to suck blood to live) than a help.

That and there is a faction in skyrim that apparently their job is to hunt/kill werewolves. not saying more than that to avoid spoiling but I stumbled up on them totally by accident. They treat you like any other bandit group. They all sport silver swords/daggers/axes and arrows so just a heads up.

oh also, I'm not sure if the items I'm starting to find are leveling up with me but I found a 1 handed glass sword AND a 2 handed elven longsword in Yngol Barrow if you're looking for some sick weapons.

I would save the game before you go in. If the weapons I found DO level with you then I would wait until you're around level 20 as the glass stuff is really rare at this point for me and still no ebony weapons to be found...yet. Found an ebony shield but no weapons or armor of the stuff yet.

but yeah I would say save the game before you go in and if it's not glass in the undewater chest (you'll know when/where to look) then I would re-load the save and come back to the location later. There's no enemies there just a simple whale/snake/eagle lever puzzle.

Here's where Yngol is located.

TESV2011-11-1221-55-42-23.png

• Members

Big BAWSS of the mages

TESV2011-11-1218-45-30-95.png

Dem stats

TESV2011-11-1218-41-15-43.png

Dat sky (totally different borealis than the first one I saw)

TESV2011-11-1300-04-48-66.png

Milky way skybox too

TESV2011-11-1219-56-29-55.png

More general beauty shots. I'm really impressed how good they made a boring tundra/gulag with swampy dead areas look. There is SO much detail in the environment from the rocks and dead trees to the placement of various landscape formations and vegetation. It really stands out as being real looking vs something that "oh skyrim editor joe placed this tree and this rock formation here". It's a believable environment.

TESV2011-11-1220-35-36-01.png

TESV2011-11-1220-32-39-56.png

• Members

so am I the only one who made a Lizard man? Is the ability to breathe underwater ever going to help me, i only picked the lizard guy because of that and his ability to eventually regenerate his health. Im only 2 hours into the game.

• Members

traded some unused stuff & got it (360 vers) & just started.

- hit a glitch on first run of the game. after the initial opening screen i was staring at a cart with hands bound - four or five guys standing around looking at me. couldn't move, no buttons worked, etc. :mad: loaded the game to the hd, restarted & it worked fine.

- graphically - on the 360, it really lacks polish, water shore boundry, seams in textures, char motion, while improved, still skatey & mechanical. the texture/water is at the morrowind level in spots. red dead redemption really crushes this game on those points. fallout3 was better as well ('cept for skating). my guess this is due to gaps in their engine rewrite - not completely finished.

but, i'm liking the gameplay so far. I'm sure as i get further into it, the graphical oddness will be overlooked.

I'm playing on an HD projection & the tiny text really points out a need for a convergence tune (or a new HDTV)

• Members

I don't know if you guys are having this problem I am about level 8 now, and I can't complete 90% of my quests. Once I get INTO the required dungeons, it's easy, well, DOABLE.

But on the way there on the paths, god forbid I run into a troll, bear, or once it was a "Redguard", and they just completely wipe me out after 2-3 attacks no matter how far I run.

Oh, and god forbid a dragon lands on my head and rapes my ass.

• Members

- hit a glitch on first run of the game. after the initial opening screen i was staring at a cart with hands bound - four or five guys standing around looking at me. couldn't move, no buttons worked, etc.
:mad:
loaded the game to the hd, restarted & it worked fine.

- graphically - on the 360, it really lacks polish, water shore boundry, seams in textures, char motion, while improved, still skatey & mechanical. the texture/water is at the morrowind level in spots. red dead redemption really crushes this game on those points. fallout3 was better as well ('cept for skating). my guess this is due to gaps in their engine rewrite - not completely finished.

but, i'm liking the gameplay so far. I'm sure as i get further into it, the graphical oddness will be overlooked.

I'm playing on an HD projection & the tiny text really points out a need for a convergence tune (or a new HDTV)

Yeah, I'm considering going to play and trade and getting raped on tradein just to acquire it.

• Members

- hit a glitch on first run of the game. after the initial opening screen i was staring at a cart with hands bound - four or five guys standing around looking at me. couldn't move, no buttons worked, etc.
:mad:
loaded the game to the hd, restarted & it worked fine.

- graphically - on the 360, it really lacks polish, water shore boundry, seams in textures, char motion, while improved, still skatey & mechanical. the texture/Younger is at the morrowind level in spots. red dead redemption really crushes this game on those points. fallout3 was better as well ('cept for skating). my guess this is due to gaps in their engine rewrite - not completely finished.

Fallout 3 better? I dont think so.

I can agree the graphics arent as good as i was expecting, but the landscape design and detail are much greater in this game than in any one of their previous titles. And i think the water looks pretty good, idk what skating is.

• Members

Fallout 3 better? I dont think so.

I can agree the graphics arent as good as i was expecting, but the landscape design and detail are much greater in this game than in any one of their previous titles. And i think the water looks pretty good, idk what skating is.

FO3 comment was wrt the technical rendering of texture seams & water/shore stuff . landscape design & texture variety is certainly better. FO3 had a grey pall to everything. Skating is where in 3rd person the characters feet don't match the terrain movement - very noticeable in FO3. Way better here, but compared to red dead redemption, for example, still lacking.

but this series is all about flexible open game play. makes other titles seem like point and click adventures.

• Members

I'm loving this game...I decided to roll back my save after I talked to the Jarl...So now I'm right outside whiterun, and plan on going to join some guilds, and just do some leveling and exploring.

I have a Q6600 quad core (2 or 3 generations old) 4gb of RAM, and a GTX560TI and I am running this game on Ultra with no frame drops...The only problem I've noticed so far is the water hasn't rendered. Outside of Riverwood I ran off an embankment that I thought was just a dry creek, but my guy started swimming and I saw fish floating "in mid air" :lol: But aside from that, everything looks beautiful.

• Members

:lol:

Seriously, the menu system on the PC version is absolutely terrible. Who designed this thing? :facepalm:

That said, I always end up creating a character, and then wanting to use a different one several hours into a game like this :facepalm: Right now I'm mainly a dude wielding a warhammer that just bashes people...I don't think that's going to work when I have to fight dragons? Anyone? Should I be focusing more on magic?

• Members

You need to build a character with good melee and ranged skills. If you don't want to use magic then start leveling up your bow skills. I use destruction {censored} for my ranged attack. The cool thing about this game is that you don't have to start over.. The more you use a skill the more it will level. Just run a few dungeons using some ranged attacks and level it up. If you want to use a bow and get some fast levels there are archer trainers that you can pay to train you. I know there is one in the thieves guild hideout.

P.S. told you the menus suck. FYI you can use the E button to select {censored} instead of enter. That helps a lot.

Archived