** Official HCAF Skyrim Thread **

FastRedPonyCar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Graphics have absolutely nothing to do with what TV you're playing on. How they look on the other hand is another story. If the game uses low res textures hooking up a different tv isn't going to change that. I have a Panasonic VT30 which is considered to have the best picture quality on the market and I see these issues. My tv is calibrated too so there is no issue with how it's set up. I will say that smaller sets will make it harder to notice texture issues though. Playing on my 40in monitor it isnt quite as noticeable as on the 65 in Panasonic.

biggest issue i have with games on my set is getting the brightness / contrast just right. i'll have it fantastic for regular watching & it usually ends up being too dark with games. i also just redid the digital convergence & i'm all crisp now. since the PC had all those tweaks, i'm guessing the texture issues with 360 were for perf reasons (limited memory, etc). after playing a while, i'm ok with it as is. the frame rate has been good so far.

• Members

Literally EVERYONE at my office who was debating getting this or not has caved after reading all the overwhelmingly positive reviews or from peer pressure and bought the game. 3 guys at our office who were dead set on "waiting for patches" went out and bought it today at lunch :lol:

Also, the first pc mods are starting to roll out!!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/the-10-best-skyrim-mods-so-far/

• Members

Literally EVERYONE at my office who was debating getting this or not has caved after reading all the overwhelmingly positive reviews or from peer pressure and bought the game. 3 guys at our office who were dead set on "waiting for patches" went out and bought it today at lunch
:lol:

http://whatculture.com/gaming/skyrim-sales-upward-of-3-4-million-in-two-days.php . I thought it would sell, but these are really big numbers for an rpg.

• Members

So I broke down and bought this last night. I haven't stayed up all night playing a game in a long time, but I did it last night. Even on my lower end PC with a cheap GPU, the game looks beautiful. They did an amazing job. Thank you guys for the uncontrollable gas.

• Members

Anyone have this on 360? How are the graphics? I can't imagine they'd be much better than Blivions?

I just picked up the PS3 version...haven't popped it in yet, reading the manual first. :lol: I'd imagine they would be comparable to the 360. Will give an update when I get it installed and running.

Archived