MacBook Air has some competition

Mavesicles

• Members

u mad brah??

they are still marketing ipod touches

the fukk

Before I go into an apple store I GTL. Gotta get glock'd before I go, and I make sure to grab random products, pick them up just high enough into my bicep flex zone so that all the lady-boys in there get to peep my cannons.

Because I am manly. Maybe this weekend I'll go in with my man purse.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Before I go into an apple store I GTL. Gotta get glock'd before I go, and I make sure to grab random products, pick them up just high enough into my bicep flex zone so that all the lady-boys in there get to peep my cannons.

Because I am manly. Maybe this weekend I'll go in with my man purse.

now that you're closer, i'll meet you there.

i'll wear my cut off CAMB tee shirt, just so the broceps are in full effect.

fukk sleeves bro.

• Members

The real questions that could shut some people up (or force others to realize it's all about preference and opinion):

If you were to buy both (MacBook air and windows competition) to review for a few months, and you were on a desert island where no one could see what you had, which would return based on performance of your tasks?

And if mac were equal in price, would that sway your opinion?

• Members

The real questions that could shut some people up (or force others to realize it's all about preference and opinion):

If you were to buy both (MacBook air and windows competition) to review for a few months, and you were on a desert island where no one could see what you had, which would return based on performance of your tasks?

That's a dumb question, everybody knows there is no electricity or wifi on deserted islands.

• Members

This was initially why I went apple. It was great:

Firepod setup on OSX:

1. open box

2. plug in PSU to firepod

3. plug in firewire 400 cable to mac and firepod

4. turn it on.

Done.

Sweet

Mine was Focusrite LS56

Hook up Firewire cable, turn it on

auto detect hardware etc.. 20-30 sec maybe (Win 7 8gb ram)

Done !

I built this sys complete with 2- 1 tb HDD, 8G Ram, Q.C cpu and mobo for $512.

I think Win 7 made things a different game.

Now we have to get PT to run 64 bit! WTF Avid!

Sonar X1 with Pro Channel is pretty damn sweet, cheaper and runs 64b !

• Members

Now we have to get PT to run 64 bit! WTF Avid!

Yeah pro tools fans make me WTF out loud. :lol:

And I have pro tools, I just can't stand using it more than I have to. They still don't have much to speak of for a native DAW.

That's great that Windows has finally made things a little more plug and play now. I haven't used 7 yet if you can believe that, my wife's lapy is running Vista... and it's {censored}ty. :lol:

• Members

Yeah pro tools fans make me WTF out loud.
:lol:

And I have pro tools, I just can't stand using it more than I have to. They still don't have much to speak of for a native DAW.

That's great that Windows has finally made things a little more plug and play now. I haven't used 7 yet if you can believe that, my wife's lapy is running Vista... and it's {censored}ty.
:lol:

Of my daw's I'd think Sonar X1 kind of {censored}s all over PT9/10. PT native is so limited compared to full hardware versions. I laugh at dudes too that go ZOMG PT is teh best for any recording.

Vista is {censored}. I give you that. Win 7 is smooth and works flawlessly. Out of all the hardware I had, only 1 had to use proprietary driver utility, The rest were automatic and worked perfect. Even the older {censored} that was never updated for 7 worked perfect. I only wished it was easy on OSx version upgrades. {censored}ing editors, and other {censored} like that is always a headache with an OS change. Besides the fact of having to wait for {censored}ing ever to get one from a vendor. Interfaces, Cameras, Modelers especially. I think I had to wait 2 years for a Digitech editor for OSx. Even then it was stripped in features compared to the Xp version. IDK why.

• Members

Equal in price, no contest, I'd choose a mac product every time, just on looks and sleekness, let alone the OS's. But they are not the same price, and for SOME users like me, surfing, banking, and email isn't any better on $1200 (or more) macbook than it is on a $500 windows notebook.

Earlier this year, when I was looking for a tablet, the first one I played with was my friend's iPad, which is VERY cool. But once I realized that I don't use Netflix, didn't want to pay for apps, like having home/back/multitask buttons, wanted a better screen than an iPad, Flash, and could expand the storage with an SD card, my Asus Transformer was simply the better choice at $499.

Apple makes GREAT products, and I'd probably replace my ipod with another ipod if/when it fails. They just aren't for everybody, and no product is, so, that's okay in my book. I'm glad to have the choice.

• Members

Asus does kick the {censored} out of any Mac hardware, there is no question HOWEVEVER, Asus has the worst support ever. Seriously sucks ass. I prefer Gigabyte for high quality hardware. If you want no-{censored}ing-around stuff, get Intel branded stuff, Intel has fantastic support.

Archived