MacBook Air has some competition

Mavesicles

• Members

Elaborate. I grew up on apples. I have NEVER ran into an issue on Windows that made me say, "geez I really wish I had an apple computer". Same goes for my Android phone. Life isn't as hard as OS brand fanbois make it out to be. All different ways of getting to the same goal.

IMO.... I'm going to write that twice, IMO, windows is a terror. I cannot stand it. I've built lots of computers in my day, and still continue to fix my gf's laptop whenever it feels like not working, but I refuse to use windows on ANYTHING i use. Last time I used windows was XP, and even then I was using Redhat or Corel most of the time. What sold me on Apple was OSX.

I agree that they're all the same roughly, and they get you to the same place, but when given a choice as to where my money goes, I'll send it to Apple over Microsoft any day.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still waiting for any PC manufacturer to match Apple's trackpad. I have a hard time believing the ones on the new ultrabooks are as good, especially considering they split the right and left button vs Apple's multitouch gestures (two finger click = right mouse button and you can even setup three finger click for middle click if you want). I even use the larger separate trackpad at work with an iMac and it's a great alternative to a mouse.

OSX is also a much easier to use OS (far more consistent in things like how apps work, keyboard shortcuts etc) and it integrates better with Apple hardware than Windows can with anything. It also has better power management meaning better battery life and that's important in a laptop as thin as these since there's not much space for battery.

Do any of these PCs do anything of their own? They look like Macbook Air clones. I've read a few reviews of the Asus machines and apparently they're really good PCs so can't go wrong there but I would personally still pick the Macbook Air. My current 13" Macbook Pro has been delightfully troublefree and great.

PS. Written on a Windows desktop machine.

• Members
Everything Asus has ever done has been more impressive than anything Apple has ever done
:facepalm:
The problem is that the hipster types that you see on Apple commercials are accepted in society...

A majority of men in society dress like girls now, and that's accepted, thus Apple puts emo boys on their commercials and the products take off!

u mad that I'm manlier than you, and own an apple?

• Members

Logic, bro. Grasp on reality... you have none. You are why we have commercials.

I am the person that said I have no preference, I just use what works for me. Being able to admit that whatever works best, works best, regardless of brand name means I have no logic or grasp of reality.

Y u butthurt?

• Members

I am the person that said I have no preference, I just use what works for me. Being able to admit that whatever works best, works best, regardless of brand name means I have no logic or grasp of reality.

Y u butthurt?

"Apple fanbois are so teh ghey, omg, like dood, they are all sheeple!!!111!!1"

:then go on about whatever you us the exact same way as the people you just insulted go on about their preference:

It's like a self serving parody.

Archived