OK it's Christmas, what did you get???

charveldan

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My wife and I usually buy 1 gift for ourselves for christmas. this year it was a Wii.

I usually always buy myself something nice too and this year it was a new bad ass laptop. It's an MSI 16F2 built by the guys at Xotic PC

[nerd speak]
Core i7 2630QM
8 gigs kingston hyper X DDR3 1866 RAM
Geforce GTX 570m
120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 Solid state drive for the OS
750 Gig scorpio black secondary drive
bluray drive
95% gamut 15.6" LED display
Intel ultimate 6300 wireless
[/nerd speak]

oz3Tv.jpg

XpzM7.jpg

EgH4v.jpg

After installing skyrim, it auto detected the recommended video settings :love:
VMvPd.jpg

Not a whole lot more besides that. I got a nice Wenger Laptop bag and a logitech G500 mouse to travel with so I don't have to use one of those crappy little laptop mice and some cash to help pay off the laptop but I sold my makoplex which covered a lot of the cost.

One brother got me the A-Team season 3 on DVD :lol:

The other brother got me a nice 20" griddle.

Grandmothers got me cash.

I got my dad this

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B005KOZNBW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324824646&sr=8-3

It's RAD. I loaded up a 2TB usb drive full of movies and hooked it up for him. He loves the thing. Really easy to use and plays pretty much every media format under the sun and can stream wirelessly hulu, yoututbe, pandora. WELL worth the price.

• Members

I grabbed myself some gifts before xmas in the Cyber Week sale...Polk Tower Audio Monitors and Klipsch surrounds for home theater/music setup...and that's all she wrote...though I know I have some Star Wars Lego under the tree :-)

• Members
No, now they are MY team
;)

Gotta be honest, I was overwhelmed, especially given the fact that it was my girlfriends mom (a Bears fan nonetheless) that got this for me.

Damn dude, that's pretty sweet. :thu:

She obviously doesn't know the things you're doing to her daughter. :cop:

So far I've gotten a shirt with the linux command line commands printed on it upside down, instant cheat sheet, caffeinated soap, a new wallet and some money. And still another christmas to go! WOOT!

• Members

The Glenlivet Nadurra - cask strength non chill-filtered. Can't wait to dive into a nip of this!

Innis & Gunn Scottish beer that is oak barrel aged

Timberland Earthkeepers City Moc-Toe boots - been wearing Earthkeepers for a while and these are a great new addition!

and some great clothes.

I bought my new amp (Hot Rod Deluxe III 'Red October') and pedal (Jekyl & Hyde first version) in the last month, so I wasn't expecting anything musical this year.

1026584x.jpg

innisgunn.jpg

1549675-p-2x.jpg

spacer.gif

Archived