The Making of : The Ghost Chili/Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Pepper Pot of Chili

-Assy-

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Those peppers will numb your taste buds. I can't see wasting money on premium ingredients when you won't be able to taste them.

In any case, I applaud your youthful exhuberance.

Absolutely this. I am a huge chili head (rarely cook anything without habaneros). But I have ruined some meals by going too hot. Not that I can't handle it, but that the flavor is indistinguishable due to the damage from the spice.

• Members

People who are really into hot foods often get an endorphin rush from them - kinda like a legal high.

When you start sweating - the endorphins are flowing.

I can't say I have ever experienced that per se - but I do like me some spice.

• Members

Everyone can stop panicking about my money. I know you all are just looking out for my bank account, but the spicy chili is only part of the dish, the rest of it will be a sweet molassas/cocao infused sweet/mildly spicy culinary delight. Only taking about 1/4 of it for the ass-raping madness.

I think I am doing it wednesday, the ghost chilis come in on Monday. Pics of the orange red fire powder today.

• Members

Cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin, corriander. Maple syrup and or brown sugar. Sometimes a little mustard males the chilli better. I dont expext anyone is going to beable to get past get heat to enjoy any kind of flavor in that vat of lava you are concocting!!!

• Members

You will want lots of beans in your chili.

You're going to need all of the fibre you can get.

The last thing you want is a large, hard lump of burning toxic waste seizing up in your anus.

Keep that {censored} pliable so it can be expelled quickly and effciently. Take care of your anus and your anus will take care of you.

• Members

OK... That whole eating the hottest pepper thing just jumped the shark. I'm Hispanic, and I can understand the need for spice. But a pepper so hot it may make you permanently blind if you cook with it is just ridiculous. Also, with peppers that hot, does it even matter what you put into it? Beyond the first few nanoseconds of that first bite, it's going to taste like "OH {censored} MY MOUTH IS ON FIRE!" Again, I just don't see the point there.

You don't see the point because you put beans in your chili.

• Members

This. The last pot of chili I made, I used 3 red habs, 4 serranos, and 4 jalapenos. I just used 80/20 ground beef, and there was no way in hell I could have told the difference between that and some other cut of meat, with just THAT amount of heat.

That's pretty damn hot already IMO. I use 3-4 jalapenos and about a pound of poblanos usually, and that + chili powder + a little hot sauce is just about perfect.

• Members

You will want lots of beans in your chili.

You're going to need all of the fibre you can get.

The last thing you want is a large, hard lump of burning toxic waste seizing up in your anus.

Keep that {censored} pliable so it can be expelled quickly and effciently. Take care of your anus and your anus will take care of you.

This cracked me up :lol:

• Members

for the lulz.

why does everything have to have a point with you? just accept and believe, homey.

I think it's my OCD coupled with stress, honestly. Just had twins and my professional future is a bit up in the air. I'm just in a bad place right now. Sorry.

... also, I'm an engineer, and I'm always hopelessly looking for order in the chaos, which is stupid, I know.

• Members
I think it's my OCD coupled with stress, honestly. Just had twins and my professional future is a bit up in the air. I'm just in a bad place right now. Sorry.

... also, I'm an engineer, and I'm always hopelessly looking for order in the chaos, which is stupid, I know.

shoot, I'm sorry mang, but congrats on the twins!! Mojo sent on the job. that's stressful as hell :(

• Members

also, I'm an engineer, and I'm always hopelessly looking for order in the chaos,
which is stupid, I know.

Don't you have 8 kids? How could you ever hope to find any order at all? :lol: Grats on the kids, mojo on the job.

And to guitarzan/assy. Good luck. We do require video of you all screaming/crying/begging to die though. :cop:

Archived