The Making of : The Ghost Chili/Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Pepper Pot of Chili

-Assy-

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My dad's friend put 3/4 of a ghost chili in 6 gallons of chili and it was inedible. SO good luck with not going to the hospital

I've eaten tons of ghost chili before, total {censored}ing burning. I am not going to leave the pepper in, I am going to cheese clothe about 3-4 of them and tie them up so I can remove the pouch just so the flavors and oils cook into the chili.

• Members

Partially agreed here. Some normal quality meat would proably suffice
:D
This just sounds like HOT HOT HOT HELL!!

This. Spending big money on the meat in that chili is a waste. No {censored}ing way in hell you'll be able to taste much of anything other than pure heat and pain, let alone tell the difference between choice cut & regs. :o

• Members

I Love a great pot of Chili! And all for people who like it spicy. I am just not into chili that hot because you spend big money on expensive meats and stuff and then all you taste is hot. What is the point of spending 50.00$ on expensive / good cuts of meat, and other expensive food, when all you are going to taste is units of scoville?

A Short story, A friend of mine invited me over for chicken wings and beer while we watched the hockey game. He made the wings so {censored}ing hot (without telling me) that I had to go home and puke my guts up and made me feel like {censored} for hours.

My point is, I never understood why eating something so hot (I mean so {censored}ing hot it is unbearable) is enjoyable?

• Members

I only read the first page when I made my post, I agree that making that hot of chili will be a waste with that awesome meat. Just buy some cheab sirloin or use hamburger if you are gonna make it that hot.

• Members

I only read the first page when I made my post, I agree that making that hot of chili will be a waste with that awesome meat. Just buy some cheab sirloin or use hamburger if you are gonna make it that hot.

Sirloin? Hamurger? :freak:

Just get a nice piece of chuck and grind it up coarse. Perfect chili meat.

• Members

This. Spending big money on the meat in that chili is a waste. No {censored}ing way in hell you'll be able to taste much of anything other than pure heat and pain, let alone tell the difference between choice cut & regs.
:o

This. The last pot of chili I made, I used 3 red habs, 4 serranos, and 4 jalapenos. I just used 80/20 ground beef, and there was no way in hell I could have told the difference between that and some other cut of meat, with just THAT amount of heat.

• Members

I'm only making enough of the inferno chili for about 6 bowls for my friends and I to attempt. The rest will be an amazing concauction of spicy and sweet with less ghost and mostly chili and hab pepper. I'm usin expensive meats for good reason.

• Members

I'm only making enough of the inferno chili for about 6 bowls for my friends and I to attempt. The rest will be an amazing concauction of spicy and sweet with less ghost and mostly chili and hab pepper. I'm usin expensive meats for good reason.

oh {censored}, well if that's the case game on.

{censored}, either way this has epic written all over it.

• Members

All this poo talk. I'm currently sitting in the parking lot waiting for my father to grab the Chinese food he ordered and I'm teetering back and forth having crap attacks. I'm about to {censored} my pants. {censored}

• Members

Now I want to make chili.

There is never a bad time for chili.

Breakfast - check

Midnight Snack - check

Post-coital I'm sleepy but {censored} it I'll have a bowl of chili - check

It's always sunny is Philadelphia is on bowl of chili - check

This football games is awesome bowl of chili - check

These football games all suck bowl of chili - check

I keep my chili in Glad sandwich bags in the freezer.

Dolf you should try to make chili on stage like Bill Wharton and the Ingredients make gumbo. mmmm chil and gumbo

• Members

I ordered up 25 whole ghost chilis and a few ounces of sun-dried Trinidad Scorpion pepper for a pot of chili my friends and I are going to make.

The ghost chili is notorious as one of the hottest peppers on the world, being the main source of heat for many eating competitions around the globe that require you to sign an insurance waiver to even sample, Scoville units : 855,000 - 1,100,000

The Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Pepper is newer to the scene and currently holds the world record for the hottest pepper at 1,463,700 Scoville units. It is recommended by the grower/distributor as well as numerous internet sources that you should wear a body suit and chemical mask when cooking with it to protect yourself from tissue damage as it will cause permanent blindness.

OK... That whole eating the hottest pepper thing just jumped the shark. I'm Hispanic, and I can understand the need for spice. But a pepper so hot it may make you permanently blind if you cook with it is just ridiculous. Also, with peppers that hot, does it even matter what you put into it? Beyond the first few nanoseconds of that first bite, it's going to taste like "OH {censored} MY MOUTH IS ON FIRE!" Again, I just don't see the point there.

• Members

OK... That whole eating the hottest pepper thing just jumped the shark. I'm Hispanic, and I can understand the need for spice. But a pepper so hot it may make you permanently blind if you cook with it is just ridiculous. Also, with peppers that hot, does it even matter what you put into it? Beyond the first few nanoseconds of that first bite, it's going to taste like "OH {censored} MY MOUTH IS ON FIRE!" Again, I just don't see the point there.

Because you're not a true Murkan.

• Members

for the lulz.

why does everything have to have a point with you? just accept and believe, homey.

• Members

for the lulz.

why does everything have to have a point with you? just accept and believe, homey.

My life is so boring and full of money for a bored college student of my age that I have ~$50 and time to blow on something I can laugh about forever.

Or cry about, brown tears.

Archived