The Making of : The Ghost Chili/Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Pepper Pot of Chili

-Assy-

• Members

I ordered up 25 whole ghost chilis and a few ounces of sun-dried Trinidad Scorpion pepper for a pot of chili my friends and I are going to make.

The ghost chili is notorious as one of the hottest peppers on the world, being the main source of heat for many eating competitions around the globe that require you to sign an insurance waiver to even sample, Scoville units : 855,000 - 1,100,000

The Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Pepper is newer to the scene and currently holds the world record for the hottest pepper at 1,463,700 Scoville units. It is recommended by the grower/distributor as well as numerous internet sources that you should wear a body suit and chemical mask when cooking with it to protect yourself from tissue damage as it will cause permanent blindness.

I am going for a sweeter chili and will be using all of the best organic ingredients that I can locate in the northern virginia area including some very expensive steaks from my local butcher, bison meat, and some locally grown beans.

Anyone have a favorite recipe? I was hoping to mix in a little bit of cocoa and brown sugar for a sweeter side to the recipe while still searing my insides and asshole. Pics/videos of the eating can definitely be posted, I would imagine it would be a tear-filled snot-ridden drool fest. evil.giflove.gif

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am thinking this is going to require A LOT of cheese and crackers to consume. Which is going to make an interesting mess in my asshole of cloggage from the cheese and the BATTERING RAM that is the Butch T/Ghost pepper.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Assy-

View Post

I am thinking this is going to require A LOT of cheese and crackers to consume. Which is going to make an interesting mess in my asshole of cloggage from the cheese and the BATTERING RAM that is the Butch T/Ghost pepper.

it's like eating fruit and cottage cheese. Asshole-ramming fiber/fruit power being held back by the cheese plug.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Johnny'sGotTheBlues View Post
Those peppers will numb your taste buds. I can't see wasting money on premium ingredients when you won't be able to taste them.

In any case, I applaud your youthful exhuberance.

Partially agreed here. Some normal quality meat would proably suffice biggrin.gif This just sounds like HOT HOT HOT HELL!!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TheRymanChu View Post
You asshole sphincter is about to get reamed. You're going to need a gallon of milk and one of these for the sheer amount of time you're going to spend praying on the {censored}ter:

hemorrhoids-cushion-donut-episiotomy-pre
yes.

• Members

Generally I make my chili with bison and 80/20 ground beef.

I think diced steaks would be a great substitution.

I cook my beef/bison in my pot first. When it's browned, I dice half an onion and cook that in the beef.
When the onion is clear/cooked I add:
2 cans dark red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can yellow and white corn (drained)
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 8oz cans tomato paste

I also add 2 cans of Habanero Rotel and generally a few xlarge Jalapenos that I'll cook (until black, then peel) on the grill.

I'd add the peppers sometime in the first few steps.

• Members

Goddamn, dude. That's ridiculous. Like Dolf said, I love spicy food, but the description of this nuclear vat of doom that you intend to chug down your throat is making my anus weep. I use habanero hot sauce in a lot of stuff, and use fresh habs when I make chili, but there's no way I would do that. Don't use bison for this...and if you insist on using steak, at least use a sirloin instead of some expensive cut. You're not going to be able to taste it with that much heat. Same with the sweetening aspect. You could add sugar until you turn into Wilford {censored}ing Brimley, but all you're going to taste is burning.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ~Abstract~ View Post
Interesting.

Are you gonna add some peppers to the marinade?

What's the plan?
I'm not sure really. I went to culinary school for two years, professional catering chef for 2 years after that making big bucks, I have never ONCE made a serious bowl of chili. I figure the sauce-aspect of the chili will be good for the pepper since the heat is in the oils and everything, no point in marinating meat in it since I feel like it will all be cooked out. Going to be pureeing tomatoes for a while for the sauce, not using that {censored}ty tomato paste.

• Members

I was thinking if they were like Habs you'd at least get some flavor out of them...but I'm not sure what these Scorpion Butch T's are like. Maybe they taste like ass?

Make sure you get plenty of Cuminos in there. Don't be afraid to use a store bought chili powder.

I use Cumin, garlic, chili powder, black pepper and sea salt.

• Members

I was thinking if they were like Habs you'd at least get some flavor out of them...but I'm not sure what these Scorpion Butch T's are like. Maybe they taste like ass?

Make sure you get plenty of Cuminos in there. Don't be afraid to use a store bought chili powder.

I use Cumin, garlic, chili powder, black pepper and sea salt.

Sounds about right. I have hab/chili powder. Tons of whole garlic and all the best fixin's. Going to research some award-winning chili recipes and get some more info, but this is going to be extremely potent, but I want it to have good flavor.

• Members

Oh yeah, I also use 2 HEAPING tablespoons of brown sugar. Forgot that.

Most "award-winning" chili recipes will not have beans in 'em. In competitions I don't think you can have anything other than meat and sauce.

I like the aforementioned dark red kedney's....but black works well too imo.

Archived