Trading amp for guns and bullet proof vest on CL. Good idea?

Crunchtime

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:facepalm:
God, you Americans are nuts.

To enjoy the freedom to protect ourselves, to arm ourselves against criminals and possibly from a overreaching, police-state government? Hah! Me thinks the only people who are nuts are those who rely on the police of which are merely minutes away for a desperate situation with a criminal where you only have seconds to spare. Bottom line: YOU are almost always the first responder to witnessing a criminal act, particularly on your own property.

Make sure you get pics and details on the stuff you're trading Crunchtime, get his name, number, address and the pistol's serial to verify it's not stolen if possible.

In this day and age sadly, that kind of gear would be a boon in case of a local SHTF scenario, like the LA riots of years ago. I pray something like that never happens again in my lifetime, but time and experience tells me otherwise.

• Members

If I ever find myself in a place where I think I'm going to need a bulletproof vest, I'm going to put 100% of my effort in removing myself from that place until that goal has been accomplished.

This. My Rambo delusions went away when I hit puberty.

• Members

A bulletproof vest ensures that you would have the ability to do so IMHO Sixtonoize, a shot to the gut in such a situation and you are fubar. {censored} happens and who ya gonna call? :D Having a plan for such contingencies is never a bad idea... In this day and age...

• Members
A bulletproof vest ensures that you would have the ability to do so IMHO Sixtonoize, a shot to the gut in such a situation and you are fubar. {censored} happens and who ya gonna call?
:D
Having a plan for such contingencies is never a bad idea... In this day and age...

if I find myself needing a bullet proof vest, I'm far beyond {censored}ed.

• Members

A bulletproof vest ensures that you would have the ability to do so IMHO Sixtonoize, a shot to the gut in such a situation and you are fubar. {censored} happens and who ya gonna call?
:D
Having a plan for such contingencies is never a bad idea... In this day and age...

You know what happens when you wear Kevlar?

You go around thinking "{censored} it, I can handle this - I'm wearing Kevlar!"

Then you get shot in the face.

• Members

if I find myself needing a bullet proof vest, I'm far beyond {censored}ed.

No, making stupid decisions brandishing said gear in said fubared situation WILL {censored} you. If you keep it on the D-L by keeping the vest and weapon concealed while making a hasty retreat(if even on foot) from an nasty area will keep you alive.

This isn't about being Rambo folks, this is about using all available resources at your disposal to get the hell out of Dodge in one piece, alive.

• Members

No, making stupid decisions brandishing said gear in said fubared situation WILL {censored} you. If you keep it on the D-L by keeping the vest and weapon concealed while making a hasty retreat(if even on foot) from an nasty area will keep you alive.

This isn't about being Rambo folks, this is about using all available resources at your disposal to get the hell out of Dodge in one piece, alive.

dude I live in a rich suburb and avoid the ghetto because I would be {censored}ed. If I *need* a bullet proof vest, I'm already in way over my head and more than likely on my way to being dead. Hell, if I got shot in the vest it would probably knock me down anyway, so either way I'd be {censored}ed.

• Members

Some situation I hope and pray I will never find myself in Grankor, but if I do, I intend to LIVE and escape.

You folks do whatever you like, goodday gents. :wave:

Good luck with your deal Crunchtime, I'm out like a fat girl in dodgeball...

Archived