Adam Lambert chosen to be the new lead singer of Queen

Xance

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Goddammit. Adam {censored}ing LAMBERT? Why not Marc Martel? Was the gay comparison more important than the {censored}ing VOICE?

Maybe they want a real personality instead of a good cover singer, who really is a better fit in this arena than Adam Lambert, his overall persona while not in any way being a Freddie clone is in his own way very freddie Mercury like.

• Members

I can't believe some people here are really blaming May and Taylor for NOT wanting to work with Martel.

I mean, forget about music for a second. Say you were friends and worked closely with a guy for 20 + years and he died. Would YOU want to replace that guy with someone that acts and sounds just like him?? That's creepy as {censored}, sorry.

• Members

after the initialoverwhelming urge to murder/gape/a2m/selfpwn, i scrolled quickly to see if a big blue eye showed up to drop some insight. sure enough....

I can't say it feels like a great fit to me. No one can really fill Freddie's shoes, but Lambert just seems like a cheap disposable pop wannabe. Freddie was a legend. It would be like replacing James Hetfield with the kid from Linkin Park.

this. although the self pwn is quite strong with metallica.

• Members

Adam Lambert is a great singer. No doubts about that. Will he be a good fit in Queen? I think yes.

No one can replace Freddie. No one. Adam is doing his own thing and maybe the Queen guys like what he brings to the band dynamics :idk: He will also undoubtedly help introduce a much younger generation of people to Queen and hopefully make them die-hard fans one day.

Archived