New Faces of Meth!

FearTheVoices

• Members

I deal with addicts probably daily. Thank God in Ohio health care professionals can access a system called OARS which tracks every person who rec'd a controlled substance in the state and when and where the got it. It makes doctor shopping very difficult to do for long. Try to visit multiple docs , emergency rooms or urgent care facilities in the state and your joy ride will not last long.

The backdraw is that addicts get more desperate. We have an increase in robberies. Meth is harder to come by since pseudophedrine sales are heavily regulated. I would guess that a heroin epidemic is coming as it becomes harder to scam the system using a stolen medicaid card to get oxycontin for free and then sell it for $1.00 a milligram on the street.

I have a hard time sympathizing with addicts when they lie to me and try to bull{censored} me all day long. I understand its a disease but I see very few people successfully walk away from it. You end up dead or in prison. I have a hard time figuring out why people start doing these drugs. Once they start I get that they cannot stop but they do make a conscious effort to start using. I dont get it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Room full of meth-heads cliches:

"Crank is great to clean the house!" Disassembles toaster oven to clean it. (Could be a meme):idea:
"I get so much done." Takes 30 minutes to go out to his car to get pack of gum because no one can just STFU!
Bubble headed bimbo that speaks in one big run-on sentence devoid of punctuation or anything remotely interesting.

Number One Meth-head Cliche: Aggro dude punching his own palm saying "If I ever see that mutha{censored}a again I'm gonna kick his fukkin' ASS!!!"

Glad I never got into that {censored}. It was hard enough avoiding the casualties for a while.

• Members

I deal with addicts probably daily. Thank God in Ohio health care professionals can access a system called OARS which tracks every person who rec'd a controlled substance in the state and when and where the got it. It makes doctor shopping very difficult to do for long. Try to visit multiple docs , emergency rooms or urgent care facilities in the state and your joy ride will not last long.

The backdraw is that addicts get more desperate. We have an increase in robberies. Meth is harder to come by since pseudophedrine sales are heavily regulated. I would guess that a heroin epidemic is coming as it becomes harder to scam the system using a stolen medicaid card to get oxycontin for free and then sell it for $1.00 a milligram on the street.

I have a hard time sympathizing with addicts when they lie to me and try to bull{censored} me all day long. I understand its a disease but I see very few people successfully walk away from it. You end up dead or in prison. I have a hard time figuring out why people start doing these drugs. Once they start I get that they cannot stop but they do make a conscious effort to start using. I dont get it.

I'm figuring people that get into meth are already well versed with substance abuse and figure "{censored} it I'll try it, I don't have a problem with the other stuff (probably a delusion)." Next thing ya know, they're hooked.

• Members

honestly. The meth should be free......for everybody.

i dont give a {censored}, use meth all day, waste your life and die. These people are impulsive and they'll manifest there anxiety for relaxation in violence and agression to get what they want. Just let them have meth and let them be happy or whatever the {censored} it is there looking for.

• Members

I'm figuring people that get into meth are already well versed with substance abuse and figure "{censored} it I'll try it, I don't have a problem with the other stuff (probably a delusion)." Next thing ya know, they're hooked.

I'm thinking you're pretty much spot on here. And since the high lasts so long and the {censored} is so freaking addictive and relatively easy to buy/make...well, it sorta short cuts the normal route to full blown addiction. Ugh.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

We have this AWESOME thing in Stafford VA called "Crime Time", where they post the mugshots of everyone that was arrested during the week.

We play a drinking game where we have to guess which ones are the kiddie piddlers.

Ours is "Busted: Utah" or something like that.

Bonus points - we played a show in a punk rock record store. There was this drunk 15 year old girl (probably older) who stumbled all over the place, she was fffuuuuqqqqttt up. Falling into the walls, all the display {censored}, crashed into our other guitar player and got a bunch of hair wrapped around the tuning pegs... last straw was when she fell into the drum kit and knocked our {censored} over. That's when someone FINALLY got rid of her ass. Anyway, bassist thought it was hilarious, tried to find out who she was. I'm in the gas station one week later, and she's right there on the cover.

• Members

Dont understand meth. It makes you psychotic and it makes your teeth fall out. Then it makes you itch hence the dip{censored}s scratch at themselves until they look like the walking dead.

Knowing the results stated above makes me wonder why anyone would sign up for such a program

Ditto for heroine. I don't know why anyone ever starts using either of those drugs, since there are no happy endings to stories that start with "and one day I started using meth (or heroine)."

Archived