Why dosen't PV make more preamps?

Crunchtime

• Members

yah every one fell off the rack mount bandwagon like 10 years ago...maybe time for a "re-trending" but I suspect implanted modeling microcomputers are a more likely trend:

"just plugged into the Bugera server and downloaded the now OS! I was sooo bored with this mornings patch!"

• Members

Rack gear is still strong, just not with tubes. Most rack gear is using modeling now.

I find that silly. I was jamming with a JMP-1 the other day and the {censored} was sweet.

Check out this new modeller, captures the intricate and organic sound of that classic tube warmth for only $2000!! Wow cool bro!

Hey check out this preamp, with real tubes and a real tone circuit! dude bro that {censored} is OUTDATED.

• Members

Sadly, the days of most regular joes with refrigerator racks worth of gear is no longer "in vogue" or common, due to either costs, lack of manufacturer products or just sheer weight concerns IMHO... In my experiences, most guitarists prefer a head and cabinet setup tonally to a rack setup, as well as it being a more simpler solution and setup.

Now there are still a number of pros who use rack amps/preamps/processors and so forth, but as mentioned, digital modelers are quickly overtaking that small market of guitar amplification.

I'd love to see Peavey reissue the Rockmaster preamp without a doubt, but I know that ain't gonna happen when they have a number of Ultra lineage amps still in their current lineup, like the XXXII and 3120.

• Members

What I want to know is why Peavey hasn't responded to my email inquiring about some parts I need to order for the Rockmaster
:idk:

Email is the worst way to ever get customer support from pretty much any company; messages can sit en queue for weeks or be accidentally deleted.

Call them.

Archived