Kemper arrived: time to sell all my crap.

redeye5

• Members

Congrats, dude!!

Seeing more pics of it from normal people makes it look pretty cool. I'd have a blast with one.

Given your taste for old vintage stuff, I would think you would like a lot of the profiles it comes with. So much vintage goodness. :)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm gonna forget all the beatings you doled out to me in my threads and say it sounds great in your clip. BTW, everything I have read says it's awesome live as well and that's from some pretty serious gigging dudes. There's a way to make it work really well with cabs and it already kills with FRFR.

Read up and you see what the live guys are doing.

Congrats. :)

• Members

Yeah I gave you {censored} Zent, I can't remember what for exactly lol. I really don't like the AxeFX tones though.. maybe somethign like that.

Clip sounded baddass redeye! Billy has said some of my snax clips sound like "well miced tube amps" so deep down he has a soft spot, don't let him get to you.

Heh, Thanks for checkin it out. I really love the tone I am getting from that one profile. It also has this feedback that I only ever got from a real amp turned up.

• Members
HAHAHA!

Wow.

:lol:

I love you Billy.

BUT....

Solaris has a Kemper, and it's soooooooooo cool. I like it better than my AxeFX in the feel department for sure.

That said, it ain't for everybody. Kinda like, well......everything.

i never saw a review from you about the Kemper! You liking it better than the Ultras?

• Members

Clip sounded baddass redeye! Billy has said some of my snax clips sound like "well miced tube amps" so deep down he has a soft spot, don't let him get to you.
:lol:

Oh yeah, I don't really have an issue with modelers, {censored} I use one in my studio. But I think the "OMG, it's the future, it will replace everything" attitude is just ridiculous. I've been hearing this crap ever since the POD 1 and is just not true. Modelers certainly have their place in the industry (and they actually paid my bills for many years, as I used to work for a modeling company) but it's just another tool, like many others. It will not replace everything, that's just stupidity and fanboism.

• Members

Oh yeah, I don't really have an issue with modelers, {censored} I use one in my studio. But I think the "OMG, it's the future, it will replace everything" attitude is just ridiculous. I've been hearing this crap ever since the POD 1 and is just not true. Modelers certainly have their place in the industry (and they actually paid my bills for many years, as
I used to work for a modeling company
) but it's just another tool, like many others. It will not replace everything, that's just stupidity and fanboism.

So it's true, you were a model?

• Members

Oh that's right, these things are for bedroom rockstars. :poke:

So I understand that nothing is going to be universally replaces, but I can definitely how its frustrating given that this ^^^ attitude is part of the reason why.

• Members
That sounds about right.
:lol::cop:

'cept you're never all out of partying :lol:

anyway, yeah about your next post... have we determined if it only profiles a specific tone, or you can treat it like a guitar amp and use your guitar volume? What about rolling the treble or gain or whatever back on the unit?

• Members

Of course, I see what you mean. I think the frustration comes from that attitude that is the reason they will never replace anything. Lets face it, digital technology could perfect emulate every nuance of every amp ever created and people will still insist that it is inferior and that their tube amps sound better. Meanwhile no one can agree on what a good tube amp is or what the "best" speaker is. So yeah, I can understand the frustration that comes from having a group that can't agree on anything all simultaneously agree that the things they can not agree on are by default superior to yours. I mean FFS, something like the Kemper has the potential to revolutionize or at least heavily impact the way both amateurs and pros record guitar, likely raising the quality of the former and you still get people saying things like:

So I understand that nothing is going to be universally replaces, but I can definitely how its frustrating given that this ^^^ attitude is part of the reason why.

How about something like " hey got the new modeler!! I love it, sounds great. I'm stoked".? Just like any other NAD review out there :idk:

I don't see how the whole "it's the future, amps are dead" cool-aid bull{censored} is anything other than a)mental retardation or b) deliberate attempt to start a {censored}fest. Sorry, I just don't {censored}ing get it.

I've been playing a SS amp for almost an year now. You don't see me going around saying tubes are dead and SS is the future :rolleyes: I just say I love my amp and it's just something that has been working for me. No need to shove that down everybody else's throat. Doing that is douchbaggery, pure and simple and I treat it accordingly. Oh well.

• Members

in defense of the OP he wasnt telling us all to sell our amps, he was just saying he was going to

i see where billy is coming from but just trying to be fair. the OP was happy with his new gear and he should be. i really dont think his intention of this thread was to start a {censored}storm

• Members

How does it clean up with the volume knob?
:D

I was about to make a clip when I realized I {censored}ed up the electronics in this guitar a while back and disconnected all the pots..:facepalm: The volume does not work at all so as of right now I have no idea hahaha. Anways this guitar is only for full bore slut banging metal so it never gets turned down:thu:

anyway, yeah about your next post... have we determined if it only profiles a specific tone, or you can treat it like a guitar amp and use your guitar volume? What about rolling the treble or gain or whatever back on the unit?

From everything I read it should react dead nuts to the real amp. You need to keep in mind that this includes the recording chain, so mics and preamps matter as well as anything they impart on the sound. So basically you wouldn't want to gun your preamp levels if you want a nice touch sensitive tone.. for example. The profiling is independent of guitar volume however. Also, It has settings for distorted and clean tones as well people report bass amps coming out perfect as well (clean tones I guess).

• Members

How about something like " hey got the new modeler!! I love it, sounds great. I'm stoked".? Just like any other NAD review out there
:idk:

I don't see how the whole
"it's the future, amps are dead"
cool-aid bull{censored} is anything other than a)mental retardation or b) deliberate attempt to start a {censored}fest. Sorry, I just don't {censored}ing get it.

I've been playing a SS amp for almost an year now. You don't see me going around saying tubes are dead and SS is the future
:rolleyes:
I just say I love my amp and it's just something that has been working for me. No need to shove that down everybody else's throat. Doing that is douchbaggery, pure and simple and I treat it accordingly. Oh well.

Agreed, "amps are dead" is koolaid BS but so is the "modelers are a fad/for bedroom wankers". So bottom line is we all need to STFU and be happy we have so many options. :rawk:

Archived