Kemper arrived: time to sell all my crap.

redeye5

• Members

I can't imagine going direct to FOH for my guitar tones. I guess if I was wearing IEM's it wouldn't matter but what the {censored}. Not having a cranked up amp behind me would be like getting a handjob instead of the full suck off.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK let me spell it out Billy. I own ONE tube amp, a Marshall JMP. It is loud and unruly. I live in a apartment. I am not a rockstar, I don't need rockstar {censored}. I do want something that inspires me to play and play out if I get the chance. Does this sound better than my ONE amp? Yes it does. Is it easier to record what I consider good tones than my real amp setup? Yes it is.

• Members

OK let me spell it out Billy. I own ONE tube amp, a Marshall JMP. It is loud and unruly. I live in a apartment. I am not a rockstar, I don't need rockstar {censored}. I do want something that inspires me to play and play out if I get the chance. Does this sound better than my ONE amp? Yes it does. Is it easier to record what I consider good tones than my real amp setup? Yes it is.

Awesome. Glad it works for you. :thu: Just drop the fanboi speech.

• Members

Maybe I'm the oddball here, and no offense to the OP, but that clip sounded very harsh to my ears. I actually didn't like it at all
:idk:

I don't know. Soundcloud is blocked here. :idk:

But so far, I preferred the Axe Fx over the Kemper on EVERY clip I've heard. And you all know how I feel about Cliff. But it just sounded better. Actually, also I prefer the Axe Ultra/Standard over the II.

I will listen to the clip when I get home.

• Members

Maybe I'm the oddball here, and no offense to the OP, but that clip sounded very harsh to my ears. I actually didn't like it at all

It was definitely raw and harsh, just the way my JMP sounds.. now If I wanted a smooth tone I could accomplish that with the same profile. Also my pickups are high output and do not clean up well at all, pretty much I consider them metal pickups. So yeah no offense taken of course. :)

• Members

I don't know. Soundcloud is blocked here.

But so far, I preferred the Axe Fx over the Kemper on EVERY clip I've heard. And you all know how I feel about Cliff. But it just sounded better. Actually, also I prefer the Axe Ultra/Standard over the II.

Its dropbox.. but yeah did you even listen to it? lol

• Members

I don't know. Soundcloud is blocked here.

To be honest I haven't been crazy about most of the clips i've heard either, but when they've been the ones compared back to back with the amps they profiled they've been pretty much exactly the same. IMO that is the more important part, I don't care that I didn't like that one particular tone, I care that its accurately reproducing the amp.

• Members

To be honest I haven't been crazy about most of the clips i've heard either, but when they've been the ones compared back to back with the amps they profiled they've been pretty much exactly the same. IMO that is the more important part, I don't care that I didn't like that one particular tone, I care that its accurately reproducing the amp.

This is how I feel as well. They are very very similar to the amps they profile. Which I also respect.

• Members

So far, every clip I've heard was accurate to the amp being sampled, but the tone they were profiling was the crappiest tone I've ever heard from that amp.

So they copied a crappy tone and it came out just as crappy. Ok, where do I send my $2000.

I want to hear something impressive from it. I have heard a lot of impressive Snax clips, that convinced me it is a good enough unit to have at a studio, and I will have one eventually, when used prices get closer to what I am willing to spend.

But as far as the Kemper so far the trend has been :

"OMG it's awesome"

"ORLY?"

"Yeah here's a clip!"

":freak:"

I haven't heard this guy's clip yet.

• Members

Here you go billy:

Ok, it's not bad actually. It does sound quite a bit like a real Marshall. It's not the tone I like from a Marshall, but it works in the context of your playing style. It's definitely better than the kemper stuff I've heard before.

Can you make one with a drum/bass mix?

• Members

Ok, it's not bad actually. It does sound quite a bit like a real Marshall. It's not the tone I like from a Marshall, but it works in the context of your playing style. It's definitely better than the kemper stuff I've heard before.

Can you make one with a drum/bass mix?

Definitely workin on it. Thanks for checkin it out Billy. :)

• Members

So far, every clip I've heard was accurate to the amp being sampled, but the tone they were profiling was the crappiest tone I've ever heard from that amp.

So they copied a crappy tone and it came out just as crappy. Ok, where do I send my $2000.

I want to hear something impressive from it. I have heard a lot of impressive Snax clips, that convinced me it is a good enough unit to have at a studio, and I will have one eventually, when used prices get closer to what I am willing to spend.

But as far as the Kemper so far the trend has been :

"OMG it's awesome"

"ORLY?"

"Yeah here's a clip!"

":freak:"

I haven't heard this guy's clip yet.

Have you seen these?

[video=youtube;fSBaM6-Gl64]

And one in the mix with drums.

Archived