Axl Rose Bows Out of GNR RnR Hall of Fame Induction

Rockett

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, like it or not, here's the facts:

- I'm with Axl on this one. I'm not usually, but on this he's right. There's no fair way out of this, either way he's an asshole. He either trots out the classic line up for this induction, he trots out the current lineup for this induction, or he says, {censored} it, not happening, none of it is fair on anyone. There's no response he can give that doesn't mean he's an asshole to the world, so what can he do about it?

- Guns N Roses broke up in 1993 or so... that's 20 years... get over it! It's not coming back, just deal with it.

- Axl's done more with a musical career than anyone on this forum. And for what it's worth, GnR meant a lot to people at the time. So deal with it.

- Being an asshole was all part of the rock 'n roll image in the 90s! It's what people read open-mouthed in newspapers and rock magazines. GnR, especially Axl, made headlines. You can't blame him for taking some of that diva'ishness to heart, it's just what the world expects of him.

- I didn't think Chinese Democracy was especially bad, and the current GnR lineup put on a way better show than Slash's {censored}-awful band!

• Members
Well, like it or not, here's the facts:

- I'm with Axl on this one. I'm not usually, but on this he's right. There's no fair way out of this, either way he's an asshole. He either trots out the
classic line up for this induction
, he trots out the current lineup for this induction, or he says, {censored} it, not happening, none of it is fair on anyone. There's no response he can give that doesn't mean he's an asshole to the world, so what can he do about it?

- Guns N Roses broke up in 1993 or so... that's 20 years... get over it! It's not coming back, just deal with it.

- Axl's done more with a musical career than anyone on this forum. And for what it's worth, GnR meant a lot to people at the time. So deal with it.

- Being an asshole was all part of the rock 'n roll image in the 90s! It's what people read open-mouthed in newspapers and rock magazines. GnR, especially Axl, made headlines. You can't blame him for taking some of that diva'ishness to heart, it's just what the world expects of him.

- I didn't think Chinese Democracy was especially bad, and the current GnR lineup put on a way better show than Slash's {censored}-awful band!

This one sounds pretty good

• Members

in point form
*buckethead rules
*bumblefoot aside from nerd guitar rock SUCKS for GNR
*not one guitar player that took over slashs place did it justice except buckethead...all the rest butcher his stuff...bumblefoot actually is putting in great effor these days and not mindlessly sweeping every solo but he just lacks balls and the attack slash had....different type of guitar player...nothing rock and roll or dangerous about the guy
*there is not one flicker of creativity in the new band
the end

• Members

and myles has range but no balls or aggression to his voice like axl

also after 20 years of breaking up...reading letters like this from Axl...does anyone truely believe he enjoy life in any capacity?>
the fact he wanted himself pulled out of the induction just shows how pathetic he can get

• Members
and myles has range but no balls or aggression to his voice like axl

also after 20 years of breaking up...reading letters like this from Axl...does anyone truely believe he enjoy life in any capacity?>

the fact he wanted himself pulled out of the induction just shows how pathetic he can get

He's {censored}ing Lana Del Rey and is completely surrounded by people who tell him he's the most awesome person on the planet, so my guess is he's enjoying himself more than I am.

• Members

This one sounds pretty good

Why? Guns n Roses hasn't been anything to do with Duff, Izzy, Slash, Matt Sorum or Steven Adler for 20 years! Guns 'n Roses has its present lineup and that's it. This is GnR right now, whether you like it or not.

If he trotted out the classic line up (as if Axl is the only person who controls that in the world!), he's effectively saying {censored} you to the present line up, {censored} you to any endeavours that Slash et al are presently up to and, moreover, he'd just get loads of {censored} from people like you who are claiming "He just did it for a quick buck, {censored} AXL".

Really, he can't win!

• Members

Why? Guns n Roses hasn't been anything to do with Duff, Izzy, Slash, Matt Sorum or Steven Adler for 20 years! Guns 'n Roses has its present lineup and that's it. This is GnR right now, whether you like it or not.

If he trotted out the classic line up (as if Axl is the only person who controls that in the world!), he's effectively saying {censored} you to the present line up, {censored} you to any endeavours that Slash et al are presently up to and, moreover, he'd just get loads of {censored} from people like you who are claiming "He just did it for a quick buck, {censored} AXL".

Really, he can't win!

Yeah, except "GnR right now" isn't being inducted into the Rock Hall at all. The band is being inducted into the Hall of Fame for things they did 20 years ago.

I have no idea how you reckon that playing a show at the Hall of Fame with the founding lineup of the band somehow constitutes saying "{censored} you" to the current lineup at all - I sincerely doubt Ron Thal or DJ Ashba believe they deserve a place in the Rock Hall of Fame. That kind of logic only even makes sense if you're a delusional egomaniac like Axl Rose is. I'm pretty sure the current members of the band are well aware that with the possible exception of Tommy Stinson, they're all just irrelevant, interchangable hired guns that have never independently accomplish much of anything.

Besides, there's literally no reason to believe that anyone other than Axl is opposed to the original lineup playing given that Duff, Izzy and Steven all have claimed at least some interest in doing so.

• Members

Besides, there's literally no reason to believe that anyone other than Axl is opposed to the original lineup playing given that Duff, Izzy and Steven all have claimed at least some interest in doing so.

Actually, Izzy has told earlier that he won't be attending, could also be one reason why Axl decided not to go, who knows.

• Members

who cares.

GnR gave us 2 great albums, and thats it. appitite, and the good material from both use your illusions can fit on 1 record. only 4 records of original material (were talking "classic line up gnr"), in 8-10 years.

why are they held to such legendary status in rock history?

• Members

If by "no balls and aggression like Axl" you mean "doesn't sound like a laryngitic Janis Joplin on crack like Axl", then yes, you are correct.

Cry if you want, but Axl's vocal was a large part of Guns 'N Roses' sound! His signature scowl was what made GnR's sound. In every band, the focal point is the lead man. Axl was one of the best lead men in the history of Rock n Roll.

When Slash performs tracks like Nightrain and Jungle, there's no alternative but to compare/contrast Myles to Axl. And, IMO, Axl puts a lot more energy vocally into those songs even now than Myles. I'm not trying to say that Myles is terrible, but it's only natural to compare.

And seeing GnR about 2 years ago, performance-wise they were spot on. The few times I've seen Slash play, well... hit and miss IMO. Some good moments, but certainly no cigar. There have been plenty of times I've seen Slash soloing in recent years and thought "This guy is meant to be a guitar icon?" the other times he's been spot on the ball!

I don't think there's any doubt that GnR deserve their place, but what I'm trying to say is that Axl was in a no-win here. And no, it's not Axl's choice wholly. ANY sort of classic reunion of any kind would involve labels, lawyers, old contractees and promotional people worming their way into any sort of extra buck going. It's not just a simple case of Axl saying "Aww, shucks guys... let's get it together one last time".

And even if he could, why should he? Sure he's a grade-a prick, but GnR is what it is now. Not what it was 20 years ago.

I was a massive fan in 1992... just let go of the past, yo!

• Members

who cares.

GnR gave us 2 great albums, and thats it. appitite, and the good material from both use your illusions can fit on 1 record. only 4 records of original material (were talking "classic line up gnr"), in 8-10 years.

why are they held to such legendary status in rock history?

Yeah I always kind of wondered that too... prior to knowing anything about them I assumed they had released like 35 platinum albums to gain the legendary status that follows them around:idk:

Archived