Remember the Japanese Tsunami?? Debris is here

Lucius

• Members

It will likely be on the news tonight but a shipping container containing one Harley Davidson motor bike and several other smaller items registered in Japan has washed ashore our Queen Charlotte Islands. I hope it has a tracking device installed, can confirm/deny the modellers predictions. The bike is ruined btw, barnacles everywhere. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

It will likely be on the news tonight but a shipping container containing one Harley Davidson motor bike and several other smaller items registered in Japan has washed ashore our Queen Charlotte Islands. I hope it has a tracking device installed, can confirm/deny the modellers predictions. The bike is ruined btw, barnacles everywhere. Cheers, Lucius

Bike's not ruined, now it's a museum piece. It's more real than any "chopper build off" bike or whatever the crap is that's overdone/overplayed.

• Members

I was pissed off when I heard they sunk the Japanese ship they found. That thing sailed around on it's own for a year in the middle of the pacific, something about it is just really cool and erie. But they had to sink it because it was dangerous? OK, yeah whatever.

• Members

I was pissed off when I heard they sunk the Japanese ship they found. That thing sailed around on it's own for a year in the middle of the pacific, something about it is just really cool and erie. But they had to sink it because it was dangerous? OK, yeah whatever.

I was thinking the same thing when I read about that. Seems like a pointless waste. It could have been scrapped for steel.

• Members

That's what US Americans are good at ... blowing {censored} up

• Members
I was thinking the same thing when I read about that. Seems like a pointless waste. It could have been scrapped for steel.

i was in the navy, on one of the most modern ships on earth. if you let a stell ship go for two {censored}ing WEEKS at sea without any preservation, that steel is next to worthless. :lol:

• Members

I saw a story on the news the other day about a soccer ball that had washed up in Alaska with some writing on it. The people who found it managed to trace it back to the 16 year old who lost everything in the tsunami. So far the ball was the only one of his possessions he had recovered.

• Members

That's what US Americans are good at ... blowing {censored} up

Well...there's that...but what we are really good at is incredible waste. We don't fix things anymore, don't repair or reuse. We love to throw {censored} away. Somali pirates would have turned it into a gun platform...get some use out of it.

Archived