So what's the deal with Arcade Fire?

OverDriven

• Members

I've never checked them out. I saw a performance of theirs on the Grammys a couple years ago and I thought they sounded absolutely atrocious, so I wrote them off. I'll have to check out some of their recorded albums.

That Grammy's performance was terrible... and i love AF :idk:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That Grammy's performance was terrible... and i love AF
:idk:

So you understand why I had no desire to look into them further then huh? :lol:

Seriously, it's one of those things that since that was the first thing I heard and was just repulsed by it, I immediately wrote them off. I'll check them out!

• Members

So you understand why I had no desire to look into them further then huh?
:lol:

Seriously, it's one of those things that since that was the first thing I heard and was just repulsed by it, I immediately wrote them off. I'll check them out!

I completely understand. Plus they had the bikes and {censored} jumping around during the performance. And they were playing one of their worst songs IMO. I was a bit miffed. Glad they won Album of the year though

• Members

I'll check it out. I don't see how anyone with appreciation for music could hate this band. They're really impressive musicians.

Been sayin this for years, man. Great band. Only the bro crowd is scared of them... Mainly because Arcade Fire has girls in their crowd that didn't need a roofie colada from some roided out bro.

• Members

Been sayin this for years, man. Great band. Only the bro crowd is scared of them... Mainly because Arcade Fire has girls in their crowd that didn't need a roofie colada from some roided out bro.

Dude, that's how I pick up chicks man, don't give it away :cry:

• Members

Club em at a Shinedown/Drowning Pool show?
:D

It's the bast way evar!!
:lol:

Nah man, I show up in my Affliction T-shirt, bandana, and my veins are PUMPED from Juicing at the gym earlier in the day. Then I find a group of trim, lift up my shirt and rub my abs...When they are all gawking at me bro, I just drop some roofs into their drinks...

Instant party after that bro. I play Shinedown as background music though after I drag them all back to my place. They love that :thu:

• Members

RonBooby scared of the riff, brah............ :cry: :cry:

GET ME MY FLANNEL AND PBR, STAT!! :mad:

I HAVE BLACK RIMMED NON PRESCRIPTS TO GO PICK UP IN MY VESPA!!!!

• Members

RonBooby scared of the riff, brah............
:cry:
:cry:

GET ME MY FLANNEL AND PBR, STAT!!
:mad:
I HAVE BLACK RIMMED NON PRESCRIPTS TO GO PICK UP IN MY VESPA!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm irl cracking up :lol:

Because its true :o

Damn hipster fans are not my favorite but luckily I saw them back in like 2005 when PBR was still just cheap beer :D

• Members

I listen to more metal than anything else, but I find it hard to listen to metal right after listening to Arcade Fire. They do so much with so little and are one of those bands that makes metal sound silly and like it's trying to hard and makes me feel like a goof for liking it. :o

FAST, TECHNICAL RIFFS :rolleyes:

PUMMELING DRUMS :rolleyes:

GRIMACING WHILE PLAYING :lol:

HEADBANGING :facepalm:

:o

• Members

Funeral is a pretty awesome album.

Neon Bible is good too, haven't really been able to get into what I've heard from the latest record.

Hard to describe what they're doing musically... it's generally pretty simple stuff, just with a fairly big arrangement... anyways it grows on you. The set they did at Austin City Limits a couple years ago is as good an introduction as anything.

This is pretty much my feeling as well. I really loved the first one; Neon Bible took a while for me to get into but now I would listen to it before Funeral. Suburbs didn't really grab me.

I saw them in Asheville a few years ago. Really good live band. A band called The National opened up for them and they were terrible.

• Members

I like a bunch of their tunes but have seen lots of live videos where they sucked live. I think the singer is strong enough that they should get it down to like 5 people, tops.

And I would WAY rather hang with an Arcade Fire-loving crowd than a shinedown/bro rawk/metal crowd :idea:

• Members

This is pretty much my feeling as well. I really loved the first one; Neon Bible took a while for me to get into but now I would listen to it before Funeral. Suburbs didn't really grab me.

I saw them in Asheville a few years ago. Really good live band. A band called The National opened up for them and they were terrible.

Eh dude it must have been a bad day because The National is a great band.

• Members

totally not a bro at all, and i hate them. they do so little with so much, to turn a phrase.

too many people doing nothing but looking absurd. all drama, no meat. no can do.

No idea what you just said. What don't you like about them?

• Members

No idea what you just said. What don't you like about them?

too many people, and the songs just meander, i guess. don't like the vocalist, too many instruments. it's like watching the e street band, and it doesn't resonate at all with me. they seem to take themselves ENTIRELY too seriously to boot.

i dunno. gimme power trios and rock that {censored}. you don't need 12 people to make great music... i guess it's just too much {censored} goin on.

• Members

totally not a bro at all, and i hate them. they do so little with so much, to turn a phrase.

too many people doing nothing but looking absurd. all drama, no meat. no can do.

this is how i feel.

i can't {censored}ing stand them. pseudo-energy, "we used to wait.....we used to wait...." 3 chords and 20 people. first time i heard them, it was on saturday night live. i actually felt my testicles begin to move back inside my body cavity. dipping 5 paint brushes into different colors of paint, spinning around blind-folded while {censored} splatters on some canvas isn't art just like arcade fire isn't music.

• Members

too many people, and the songs just meander, i guess. don't like the vocalist, too many instruments. it's like watching the e street band, and it doesn't resonate at all with me. they seem to take themselves ENTIRELY too seriously to boot.

i dunno. gimme power trios and rock that {censored}. you don't need 12 people to make great music... i guess it's just too much {censored} goin on.

but mostly because they {censored}ing suck.

amirite?

• Members

but mostly because they {censored}ing suck.

amirite?

eh. in a take it or leave it sorta way, i just leave it. it ain't my bag-- but they do what they do well. it's a weird sorta party rock, i just wouldn't be at that party.

Archived