Bicycle riders?

Crunchtime

• Members

I ride vision tech aero bars, and not just the little clip ons. I'm talking full on douche integrated tour de France time trial aerobars

DOH..

i guess as long as you're not in full on spandex booties and aero helmet and fully nair'd with all titanium replacement bolts and team kits, i'll let it slide.. but i won't like it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I ride vision tech aero bars, and not just the little clip ons. I'm talking full on douche integrated tour de France time trial aerobars

that's {censored}ing awesome :lol:

lemme know when the rest of the douchepile gets to be at your level, then I'll stop cracking wise on em ;)

• Members

They train here and do that all the time. 5 abreast and taking up the whole road. Won't move over to let traffic through. You move all the way over and ride in single file. End of story. I've been tempted sooo many times to just run them down. In bike vs. car, car always wins.

• Members
They train here and do that all the time. 5 abreast and taking up the whole road. Won't move over to let traffic through. You move all the way over and ride in single file. End of story. I've been tempted sooo many times to just run them down. In bike vs. car, car always wins.

You're so hardcore, brah :thu:

Gonna mow down some cyclists with your car. That's a big man move right thur!! Gonna get some tribal temporary tattoos while you're at it?

• Members

cyclists are the biggest douches ever... I actually got to see some cyclist rage one night when leaving the gym.

cyclist just cuts right across traffic, driver yells "watch it armstrong" and the clyclist flips out. Light turns red, cyclist rides up to car and starts kicking it! Dude gets out, pushes this little prick right off his bike. stomped his rear rim and said something about being even lol.

• Members

I daily see riders that make me ashamed to be a rider. Arrogant, self entitled, reckless {censored}tards that have a significant chance of becoming road pizza. It's hard to have sympathy for inevitable horrible road accidents that are totally avoidable.

• Members

cyclists are the biggest douches ever... I actually got to see some cyclist rage one night when leaving the gym.

cyclist just cuts right across traffic, driver yells "watch it armstrong" and the clyclist flips out. Light turns red, cyclist rides up to car and starts kicking it! Dude gets out, pushes this little prick right off his bike. stomped his rear rim and said something about being even lol.

mm.. seems to me as if road rage is hardly a cyclist owned commodity, and one instance of asshole on asshole is hardly an indicator of 'cyclists'..

there's a lotta assholes in cars AND on bikes. riding 5 abreast? yup. that qualifies. cutting across traffic? okey doke. but for every story of 'cyclist on traffic' bull{censored}, i can probably give you plenty of stories out of my own life of redneck bottle launches, diesel gunning, being run into berms, being hit with a big mac and coke, and quite a few other dickhole-isms.

• Members

Pisses me off when they want to take the back roads, I live off of a curvy road, and a lot of times there are cyclists riding them. You can't pass them because you have to cross the double yellow line, and may hit another car coming around a curve head on. Go ride on the bike trails! Then I guess they can't show off their tour gear...

I lived in VA for 17 years and didn't see a lot of bike trails. FWIW you can't ride a road bike off road unless you want a broken road bike. It would be like taking a Corvette through a mud hole.

• Members

A lot of idiot cyclists give the rest of us a bad name. I always make sure that I get out of cars' way, and I try to make my presence and intentions as clear as possible.

The only time I got hit I wasn't even moving. I was halfway through an intersection waiting for a car opposite me to go through it (he had a stopsign) and without warning or signaling the idiot starts turning right into me. This was on a residential street in view of my house. Guy didn't even stop. He lived down the street so I followed him and yelled at him. Luckily I wasn't hurt though

• Members

A lot of idiot cyclists give the rest of us a bad name. I always make sure that I get out of cars' way, and I try to make my presence and intentions as clear as possible.

The only time I got hit I wasn't even moving. I was halfway through an intersection waiting for a car opposite me to go through it (he had a stopsign) and without warning or signaling the idiot starts turning right into me. This was on a residential street in view of my house. Guy didn't even stop. He lived down the street so I followed him and yelled at him. Luckily I wasn't hurt though

Man I hear about a lot of cyclist accidents involving cars in Toronto.

• Members

You're so hardcore, brah
:thu:

Gonna mow down some cyclists with your car. That's a big man move right thur!! Gonna get some tribal temporary tattoos while you're at it?

Nah. I'm more hardcore than that. Temporary Mike Tyson style face tattoo FTW!!

• Members

I used to commute exclusively on bikes. I've had {censored} yelled at me, thrown at me, swerved at me, etc. Usually by idiot redneck mother{censored}ers.

It's actually kinda funny.

The town you're riding in makes all the difference. Some cities are completely populated by morons. The city council thinks bike lanes are some wussy invention of the French. They think Spandex is for fags, etc. That's usually where you get beer bottles tossed out of moving cars at you. Then there's places where people don't marry their immediate relatives. They have a culture of acceptance of bikes. Bike lanes, great street design, courteous drivers, etc.

Then there's the cyclists. Most are morons. There's the DUI guys. Total {censored}ing morons. Ride like idiots. The BMX kids (two groups, the kids who belong on BMX bikes and the jackasses who are in their 30's and still ride around on them) the hardcore roadies who can be great or not, the urban extreme mountain biker crowd, the hipster SS crowd, and a whole bunch more.

Pisses me off when I see people do dumb {censored} on bikes. Pisses me off when I see people do dumb {censored} in cars.

People are dumb.

• Members

I lived in VA for 17 years and didn't see a lot of bike trails. FWIW you can't ride a road bike off road unless you want a broken road bike. It would be like taking a Corvette through a mud hole.

I lol'ed a while ago, I left to go to the grocery store, got behind about 10 cars on that curvy road. Sure enough, there was a cyclist in the road holding up traffic. I got my wife to take pictures of it just for this thread lol. We do have a 14 mile paved trail that used to be railroad. It has a lighted tunnel, bridges, river and creek views. Just gets monotonous after a few trips on it. My neighbor bought a hybrid bike that is ideal for off road and paved. We have tons of mountain bike trails as well which I like to ride.

• Members

I lol'ed a while ago, I left to go to the grocery store, got behind about 10 cars on that curvy road. Sure enough, there was a cyclist in the road holding up traffic. I got my wife to take pictures of it just for this thread lol. We do have a 14 mile paved trail that used to be railroad. It has a lighted tunnel, bridges, river and creek views. Just gets monotonous after a few trips on it. My neighbor bought a hybrid bike that is ideal for off road and paved. We have tons of mountain bike trails as well which I like to ride.

my wonder is, why are you so anti bikes on the roads? i'm full on anti idiot on the road. but there's a MILLION other things to worry about-- deer, motorcycles, pedestrians, road hazards. bikes are just one other thing. i don't even care unless douches are taking the entire lane.

but seriously-- i ride a lotta miles and never have problems 'cause i try to be considerate and ride the line, and folks are kind enough to give me wide berth most times, even when i don't expect it. i seldom run into people who're adamantly anti bikes on the road. what's the deal?

• Members

I used to commute exclusively on bikes. I've had {censored} yelled at me, thrown at me, swerved at me, etc. Usually by idiot redneck mother{censored}ers.

It's actually kinda funny.

The town you're riding in makes all the difference. Some cities are completely populated by morons. The city council thinks bike lanes are some wussy invention of the French. They think Spandex is for fags, etc. That's usually where you get beer bottles tossed out of moving cars at you. Then there's places where people don't marry their immediate relatives. They have a culture of acceptance of bikes. Bike lanes, great street design, courteous drivers, etc.

Then there's the cyclists. Most are morons. There's the DUI guys. Total {censored}ing morons. Ride like idiots. The BMX kids (two groups, the kids who belong on BMX bikes and the jackasses who are in their 30's and still ride around on them) the hardcore roadies who can be great or not, the urban extreme mountain biker crowd, the hipster SS crowd, and a whole bunch more.

Pisses me off when I see people do dumb {censored} on bikes. Pisses me off when I see people do dumb {censored} in cars.

People are dumb.

I ride my bike to work every day and I always stay as far over as possible, so cars can get by. No one has ever gotten angry at me. I don't think most people have a problem with bikes on the road, it's the morons that ride 5 a side, taking up the whole lane, and won't move over that piss people off. There are lots of riders here who act like they own the road. We even have lots of bike lanes here, but these morons won't use them. They have to be in the middle of the {censored}ing road and don't get the concept of riding single file.

• Members

my wonder is, why are you so anti bikes on the roads? i'm full on anti idiot on the road. but there's a MILLION other things to worry about-- deer, motorcycles, pedestrians, road hazards. bikes are just one other thing. i don't even care unless douches are taking the entire lane.

but seriously-- i ride a lotta miles and never have problems 'cause i try to be considerate and ride the line, and folks are kind enough to give me wide berth most times, even when i don't expect it. i seldom run into people who're adamantly anti bikes on the road. what's the deal?

I'm not so much "anti bikes on the road" I just think if they get run over, it's their own damn fault. I pay taxes (just like you) to "drive" on the road. I pay for a license plate, and personal property taxes for my vehicle, and the different trailers I tow. If someone wants to ride their bike on that road, then they need to pay for a license plate, and a personal property tax just like I do. If they can ride 35 mph, I don't have a problem with it. If a car is in front of me driving 20 mph and won't go any faster I'm gonna be pissed, blow the horn, and pass them. Go the speed limit or get the hell out of my way. I'm paying for the right to use this road.

• Members

I ride my bike to work every day and I always stay as far over as possible, so cars can get by. No one has ever gotten angry at me. I don't think most people have a problem with bikes on the road, it's the morons that ride 5 a side, taking up the whole lane, and won't move over that piss people off. There are lots of riders here who act like they own the road. We even have lots of bike lanes here, but these morons won't use them. They have to be in the middle of the {censored}ing road and don't get the concept of riding single file.

When I worked for the VA I had to ride out to this place called White City that's total freaking White trash ghetto-ville. That's where the bulk of the stuff got tossed at me. Usually some jackass in a jacked up Penis-mobile and a confederate flag sticker in the back window or some such. I'd be over on the shoulder so it's not like I was holding up traffic. They just saw a dude on a bike and decided I must be gay or something.

• Members

I'm not so much "anti bikes on the road" I just think if they get run over, it's their own damn fault. I pay taxes (just like you) to "drive" on the road. I pay for a license plate, and personal property taxes for my vehicle, and the different trailers I tow. If someone wants to ride their bike on that road, then they need to pay for a license plate, and a personal property tax just like I do. If they can ride 35 mph, I don't have a problem with it. If a car is in front of me driving 20 mph and won't go any faster I'm gonna be pissed, blow the horn, and pass them. Go the speed limit or get the hell out of my way. I'm paying for the right to use this road.

Get the {censored} over it dude... Most hardcore roadies I know are doctors and lawyers. The scene around here is pretty tight and I can honestly say that those guys are the top income earners in our area by far. They pay the lions share of the taxes in our area so don't turn this into a "I pay the taxes so get off my road" kind of debate.

• Members

seems like you're more the problem than the cyclists, 'cause you'd REALLY be pissed if you were sharing the road with horses who predate your car. And good luck getting personal property taxes out of a $500 bike.

they're not YOUR roads, they're OUR roads, and we pay taxes on em both of us, so we're BOTH paying for the right to use the roads. i think deer should have license plates too, and squirrels. and dump trucks shouldn't be on roads either-- they're too slow. and cranes. and semis. and old people. and motorcycles. and other cars in general. they all need to apply for your permission to be 'in the way'. where's it stop?

logic.. rough toke, dudelar!

share the road and don't be a jerk about it. i do it- so should most cyclists. and most cars. and deer, for that matter.. but good luck getting through-- they're a dense lot. :o

• Members

Get the {censored} over it dude... Most hardcore roadies I know are doctors and lawyers. The scene around here is pretty tight and I can honestly say that those guys are the top income earners in our area by far. They pay the lions share of the taxes in our area so don't turn this into a "I pay the taxes so get off my road" kind of debate.

Yeah, I'd totally give them a hard time on the road too, more people I don't like!

• Members

seems like you're more the problem than the cyclists, 'cause you'd REALLY be pissed if you were sharing the road with horses who predate your car. And good luck getting personal property taxes out of a $500 bike.

they're not YOUR roads, they're OUR roads, and we pay taxes on em both of us, so we're BOTH paying for the right to use the roads. i think deer should have license plates too, and squirrels. and dump trucks shouldn't be on roads either-- they're too slow. and cranes. and semis. and old people. and motorcycles. and other cars in general. they all need to apply for your permission to be 'in the way'. where's it stop?

logic.. rough toke, dudelar!

share the road and don't be a jerk about it. i do it- so should most cyclists. and most cars. and deer, for that matter.. but good luck getting through-- they're a dense lot.
:o

So what color tour gear do you wear? I'll be sure to look out for you.

• Members

Like it or not cyclists legally have every right to be on the road. I cycle 100 miles/week and I ride a 25 mile loop that has a dedicated bike lane for at least 20 of those miles. Even on the bike lane I have had {censored} thrown at me or insults hurled at me. Its hilarious as it usually comes from fat people or teenage kids who cannot get any ass so they spend their time yelling at people who use alternate modes of transportation.

If you dont like people riding on the road that is completely your right. Just remember that those idiots on those bikes are legally in the right whether you whine about it or not.

I love this forum. Pro-gay marriage and anti-bicycling ! Open minded until in inconveniences you.

Archived