Bicycle riders?

Crunchtime

• Members

and how is it 'a cyclists fault if they get run over'? if they're stupid, yep. you bet it is. but most times, i seriously doubt it comes down to some jackass on a fixie in a pair of skinny jeans in a walkman and pink sunglasses pulling a stunt causing his own death. more often, it's an accident.

but running around in a steel box that weighs a ton and a half with suspension, motor, brakes, signals, wipers, and any number of other conveniences that make absolute certain that you have the largest mechanical advantage of NOT running things over-- if you run over a cyclist, you're probably pretty negligent, or there's been some serious tragic mistake that couldn't be avoided.

great power/great responsibility. so because toddlers or dogs might have their back turned to you on the road, you run 'em down? again- cyclists should make EVERY effort not to be in the way and to be safe-- theres traffic laws and mandated stuff on every car-- and good cyclists take ALL precautions at all times and follow road rules. just 'cause they're not as fast doesn't make them a hazard-- being an asshat makes them that. same as negligent drivers.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

cyclists are the biggest douches ever... I actually got to see some cyclist rage one night when leaving the gym.

cyclist just cuts right across traffic, driver yells "watch it armstrong" and the clyclist flips out. Light turns red, cyclist rides up to car and starts kicking it! Dude gets out, pushes this little prick right off his bike. stomped his rear rim and said something about being even lol.

No...biggest douches ever are auto drivers who think they are the most important {censored}ing thing in the universe. Whatever it is THEY are doing (texting, applying makeup, late for work cuase you didn't {censored}ing LEAVE on time) is the most important thing to everyone else.

Are there douchebag cyclists?...of course...just like douche bag guitar players. But just once...get you a bike and go ride on the road...respectfully of course. If you don't have several brushes with death from asshole drivers, well, that would be very rare. {censored} dude...you know it's bad enough car-on-car. Give the bike the benefit of the doubt...even if you think he's a douchebag...it's just a {censored}ing bike for christ sake.

Regarding the dress.....{censored} if I see one more band dressed in all black I'm going postal. Who the {censored} do they think they are...rock stars or something? Just douchebag wannabe's...the nerve of them to dress like rock stars.... {censored}ers.

Most of those designer clothes have a purpose....aside from advert. They keep all your parts tucked in, don't flap around, and whisk moisture. Are there some people who shouldn't be in "spandex" (lol as if that is what it is)..of course.

H-CAF does not disappoint....keep up the great work. 50 pages of defending man love/gay marriage and getting dicks cut off....spawning numerous threads. All in the name of "everyone should be allowed to be happy"> . Sure. :rolleyes: Let someone wear "spandex" or search for God and you guys raise holy {censored}ing mocking hell.

Tha some bull{censored} right there.

• Members

I'm not so much "anti bikes on the road"
I just think if they get run over, it's their own damn fault
. I pay taxes (just like you) to "drive" on the road. I pay for a license plate, and personal property taxes for my vehicle, and the different trailers I tow. If someone wants to ride their bike on that road, then they need to pay for a license plate, and a personal property tax just like I do. If they can ride 35 mph, I don't have a problem with it.
If a car is in front of me driving 20 mph and won't go any faster I'm gonna be pissed, blow the horn
, and pass them. Go the speed limit or get the hell out of my way. I'm paying for the right to use this road.

So if a cyclist is inconveniencing you, you'll kill them, but if a car driver is, you'll blow your horn at them. Says a lot about you.

• Members

So if a cyclist is inconveniencing you, you'll kill them, but if a car driver is, you'll blow your horn at them. Says a lot about you.

Look Bro! I ride as well, but not in the damn street. If you read my first post in this thread you'd see that I was bitching about the dumb{censored}s that ride down my curvy road leading to my neighborhood. They are dumb, and are a pain in the ass to motorists around here. It's full of hills, and curves. When they are riding 5 mph uphill and are causing 15 cars to back up because you can't pass them in the curves it's becomes a nuisance. You are sticking up for your fellow riders that you have no clue about.

• Members

Look Bro! I ride as well, but not in the damn street. If you read my first post in this thread you'd see that I was bitching about the dumb{censored}s that ride down my curvy road leading to my neighborhood. They are dumb, and are a pain in the ass to motorists around here. It's full of hills, and curves. When they are riding 5 mph uphill and are causing 15 cars to back up because you can't pass them in the curves it's becomes a nuisance. You are sticking up for your fellow riders that you have no clue about.

Waaaaa... egotistical prick has to slow down on his curvy road for da widdle bicycle...

• Members

How is your solution "just don't ride in the street"? Where do you propose they ride then? They're probably avoiding traffic by taking that curvy road, in order to avoid assholes who think they should get off the road because they can't do 50 mph.

• Members

Hmmm, I start bicycle commuting again on Monday. Forgot about all the aggro!

I was cycling down to my band practice room one Sunday morning.

Downhill, through the city. It was 9AM so pretty quiet.

Was cruising down this bridge, no hands, enjoying the sun and the rare quiet in the city.

Just as the lights at the bottom of the bridge turn green a car comes whizzing through beeping the horn at me, then gets stopped at the next lights about 100 yards down.

I cruise up to the driver's window and have a look in to see who it was. 3 middle aged ladies. I don't say anything, just raise an eyebrow.

She winds the window down and is frothing at the mouth about my dangerous cycling with no hands, how I don't have a right to be on the road, how she turned around to come and have a go at me and is on her way to the police station and is going to get my license taken off of me.

The lights turned green then so she drove off before I could really say anything.

I did stop next to her at the next 3 lights though.

• Members

What color spandex shirt with sponsors (that you don't even have) with matching spandex shorts do you wear? Understand now?

ah, gotcha. it's a stupid assumption! rockin'.

sorry chief. that's not stuff i wear.

but beings as you live in virginia, which trailer park do you live in? the one with the confederate AND clan flag flying in front? or the one next to the tv dish with a dog tied to it?

c'mon man. is it REALLY so much of an inconvenience, or are you just being contrary because its the internet?

• Members

but beings as you live in virginia, which trailer park do you live in? the one with the confederate AND clan flag flying in front? or the one next to the tv dish with a dog tied to it?

c'mon man. is it REALLY so much of an inconvenience, or are you just being contrary because its the internet?

Actually our trailer park blew away in that last tornado that came through here, got our brand new moonshine still as well, Mama lost a lot of our brand new (new to us) clothes on the clothesline that day too. Mama had just gotten them from the annual flea market on rt 228 that day too! she tries really hard to keep us boys clothed for school. I would chat more, but I got to go adjust the tires on our roof, the wind got up last night with the storms that blew in, and shifted the plastic around on our roof, had some leaks come in on our 21" flat screen Mama got us from Wal-Mart last Black Fri.

• Members

Actually our trailer park blew away in that last tornado that came through here, got our brand new moonshine still as well, Mama lost a lot of our brand new (new to us) clothes on the clothesline that day too. Mama had just gotten them from the annual flea market on rt 228 that day too! she tries really hard to keep us boys clothed for school. I would chat more, but I got to go adjust the tires on our roof, the wind got up last night with the storms that blew in, and shifted the plastic around on our roof, had some leaks come in on our 21" flat screen Mama got us from Wal-Mart last Black Fri.

:lol:

actually.. you just earned a million bonus points for that!

i'm not REALLY hassling you about living in virginia, just busting your chops about assumptions about cyclists-- but try to take it easy on cus-- i promise we're not all assholes. i live just north in maryland, and cars and cyclists get along SUPER well here. with even the small amount of bike advocacy and road education and stuff that goes on here, it sure seems to keep stuff to the good in both camps. just as there's a few good natured folks on bikes-- i can certainly vouch for good natured people in cars giving equal consideration.

• Members

I know not all cyclists are not like that. You have to understand that there are a lot of idiots around here, cyclists and drivers. I've never shaken a fist,nor blew a horn at one. What worries me is that the young (16 yr olds) don't have enough hrs behind the wheel of a car to realize the potential dangers for both parties involved. Trust me dude, you are on my side because you do have the knowledge, and wish more cyclists were like you.

Can I talk about the idiots on crotch rockets doing wheelies down the highway at 90mph now? They are getting killed weekly around here it seems.

• Members
What is up with bike riders nowadays? In my earlier days, I probably racked up millions of miles on Stingrays, BMX, 10 speeds, and mountain bikes.

I'm driving home on a two lane road with a two foot wide gravel section on each side. The speed limit is 55 and myself and four other vehicles are stuck going 10 mph because a trio of bikes are clogging the lane and there is no opportunity to pass between traffic and no pass zones.

Three guys in Lance Armstrong poser jerseys and spandex shorts are riding in a triangular formation and blocking traffic.
:mad:
WTF? Don't cry to me about right of way either. When you get on a bike and preach right of way you should also consider all other road factors such as impeding traffic. You want rights as a vehicle, you should abide to respecting other vehicles.

I've rode countless miles and always got to the side as best I could. I actually like to fly past them and honk my horn to freak them out. {censored} them. The assholes deserve it.

I'm sure that last sentence will cause some hate but, I'm sorry, this is pissing me off. I'm starting to see these guys everyday. They are acting like douches, imo.

Packs of those d!ckheads ride up & down my road alot. They think they own the road, and are all a bunch of snotty yuppie pricks.

I was mowing the yard one day when they were going by. I drove up into the gravel driveway on the mower & dropped the deck & sprayed some of em with gravel.

Archived