BREAKING NEWS: Andy James leaves Blackstar to go to Laney

spawnofthesith

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Laney is only being bashed at the moment becuae it is er well was "Over hyped" a little :D

I don't mind laney, but I would take a marshall over anything they put out, just because I prefer the Marshall voicing.

I liked my Laney bass amp though

• Members

Laney is only being bashed at the moment becuae it is er well was "Over hyped" a little
:D

I don't mind laney, but I would take a marshall over anything they put out, just because I prefer the Marshall voicing.

I liked my Laney bass amp though

The old school Laney's have a very "Marshall" voicing. I'm not too sure about the newer ones though...

• Members

What's with all the Andy James bashing? The guy's a great player, and a nice guy to boot. No need to talk {censored} about the guy just because... Wait, why is people badmouthing him again?
:confused:

It's the "Shredder Advocate syndrome" happening again.

The virtually same thing happened when the Rusty Cooley (ugly as {censored}) dean guitar came out. Some fanboi is gushing about how awesome the guitar was and how amazing an artist Rusty is and how just super greatz his cum tastes and all that.

Most of us were like... uh... M-Kay...

Which led to this huge thread because most people were of the opinion that the dude couldn't string 5 notes together into a coherent, listenable phrase, which is after all, what music really is.

So when you have "artists" whose entire notoriety comes from the interwebs (bulb?) rather than actually playing music who really cares what amp they're playing in their living room.

• Members

Still not quite there the Mids are different. Not a bad thing but just not for me.

I would still happily play one though.

The magic mids are where Marshalls are at. That's what makes them what they are.

• Members

The virtually same thing happened when the Rusty Cooley (ugly as {censored}) dean guitar came out. Some fanboi is gushing about how awesome the guitar was and how amazing an artist Rusty is and how just super greatz his cum tastes and all that.

Which led to this huge thread because most people were of the opinion that the dude couldn't string 5 notes together into a coherent, listenable phrase, which is after all, what music really is.

So when you have "artists" whose entire notoriety comes from the interwebs (bulb?) rather than actually playing music who really cares what amp they're playing in their living room.

I've heard quite a bit of Andy's playing, and I don't hear the Cooley resemblance, aside from both having monster chops. I mean, just because the fans are nitwits, doesn't mean the players themselves deserve to be dragged through the dirt. These are working musicians, after all, who are out there playing and recording, without going around badmouthing other guitarists. I respect that.

Different strokes, I guess.

• Members

I'd listen to Andy James all day every {censored}ing day over Rusty Cooley. NOBODY wanks as much as Rusty Cooley.....its not fair to compare anyone to him :lol:

• Members

All this hate for Andy James!?

Let me see.... Guy who is in a kick ass metal band-check. Plays his {censored}ing ass off and is at the forefront of the shred community-check. People who are neither bashing him-check.

Come on guys. Seriously? If u don't like his genre fine, say u don't like it but to drag him thru the mud like what's being done here is ridiculous. Don't be mad because he spent more time practicing than amp shopping or eq tweaking, and don't hate if he got an amp deal, even if you hate the {censored}ing amps, more power to him for getting his name out there and possibly having a company behind him that will pay him to do clinics/namm shows etc and support him and his music.

Put yourselves in check, what have you done that's so great lately huh?

Sorry for rant, I'm not trying to be a dick but we are all guitarists and shouldn't be so eager to bash the {censored}balls out of a fellow guitarist who is simply trying to make his way. That and Andy James is a {censored}ing terrifying metal player both lead and rhythm. Practice more and hate less. Maybe you might get companies behind you that want to pay you to play your songs ;)

A Wood

• Members

It's a sideways troll.

There's a forumite here who is a Laney endorsee and has been the subject of much ribbing lately for constantly bringing it up.

He also notoriously hates Blackstar amps.

Thus, this thread was born

• Members

It's a sideways troll.

There's a forumite here who is a Laney endorsee and has been the subject of much ribbing lately for constantly bringing it up.

He also notoriously hates Blackstar amps.

Thus, this thread was born

Apparently Dolf is one of the only ones who gets it :lol:

Archived