BREAKING NEWS: Andy James leaves Blackstar to go to Laney

spawnofthesith

• Members

I am as sick of Timmy's constantly hyping Laney/bashing BlackStar as anyone here, but I think it sucks this guy's clip (James) was used on this thread. He's a good player trying to establish a career and also seems to be a nice guy from what I watched on YT. Obviously, he has nothing to do with this {censored} and still got his work dragged in mud on a popular guitar forum. Kinda uncalled for, IMHO.

I am disappointed that people decided to start {censored}ting all over the guy for no reason, that certainly wasn't my intention or anticipation :/. I don't know whats wrong with people, the dude can outplay 99% of HCAF, is a hard working mother{censored}er, and seems like a real nice guy on top of it.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am disappointed that people decided to start {censored}ting all over the guy for no reason, that certainly wasn't my intention or anticipation :/. I don't know whats wrong with people, the dude can outplay 99% of HCAF, is a hard working mother{censored}er, and seems like a real nice guy on top of it.

That's my impression of the guy as well. At first I did not know who he was, but looking into his clips/bio, yes he seems to be a killer player/hard working mofo. It's not my music style, but props to him for doing what he does extremely well and good for him on launching a new endorsement contract. I now have nothing but respect for the guy.

Still, I wish Laney would sign some other big name artists, they have very few A-listers in their roster. But then again, that helps to keep used prices low, which is a good thing or I wouldn't be able to afford my GH :lol:

• Members

Anyway, just retubed the GH100L today with a set of JJ because I think it still had the original TAD's (the amp is a '96 so if these were the original tubes they were WAY old). The amp sounds even better now. I also replaced 2 of the Ruby's 12AX7's with JJs and that smoothed out the high gain quite a bit. I am beginning to think this amp would be a good candidate to a 12AT7 in the PI, so that's what I am going to try next, but it sounds great as is :)

Archived